dogcigar (resized).jpg
cf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpg
1556326288062333390879 (resized).jpg
27FF95E6-61C3-455D-9E21-A9833ED83BAE.gif
16979_21115_1 (resized).jpg
DSCN6120 (resized).JPG
20190426_081334 (resized).jpg
66B6FD15-7C73-4304-B33C-E30E1E78CF76.gif
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

If you go here, he will come....

cf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpgcf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago

LTG : (

dogcigar (resized).jpgdogcigar (resized).jpg
#53 5 years ago

I’m newer here than many of you and am not a particularly frequent poster, but the first time he made a smart ass reply to something I posted I immediately felt a sense of pride that I had finally been appropriately inducted/indoctrinated into our little club/cult.

It’s a shame that new Pinsiders will miss out on the fun, analogous to having been born too late to ever see Jimi Hendrix play live.

#54 5 years ago

Hope he comes back. He had a good sense of humor but mixed in with a penchant for a bit of political incorrectness that could rub some people the wrong way. But most of all he really knows pinball and was willing to help. Remember what he did for local pinsider dan63 to fix up his Topcard. He did all that work and fixed it up nice for a few hundred bucks, just for the fun of doing it. That was a really nice thing to do for someone, IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-tech-in-southern-ca

#55 5 years ago

Hopefully he’s one of the legendary dudes that would still entertain a Pinhead if they met in person!
I’m looking forward to going to my first big show in a week or so, and I hope as I attend more I can meet lots of the classic old timers who really just know their shit!

The internet is fantastic but it doesn’t beat plain ol’ face-to-face conversation!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hopefully he’s one of the legendary dudes that would still entertain a Pinhead if they met in person!

Oh im quite sure that he would be entertaining. Think Spiccoli at age 55 years old or whatever o-din is lol.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m looking forward to going to my first big show in a week or so, and I hope as I attend more I can meet lots of the classic old timers who really just know their shit!

Of course he would. But good luck finding him at a show. Gotta visit the casa if that’s what you’re looking for.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

O-din is hilarious. Even if he is pissed at the people who run this site i hope that he comes back for the people because a lot of people like him on here. He is also very knowledgeable on pins.

I agree @who-dey. I like all eras as well, I am only missing a ‘70’s pin in my lineup now from 60’s to present, but I am cheating by saying CGC’s MBrLE is from the twenty teens, which it is a modern 2019-made machine of a late 90’s title. I am missing a Bally in my collection too, and a widebody so it looks like Bally’s Space Invaders is on the docket now as my first SS non alpha numeic 70s widebody machine and getting my first JJP game as well, oh, wait and an API, and a fuck, a Spooky, Homepin, Multimorphic? Hell, forgot to menion Stern altogether. I mean you could go bankrupt... like most of us have already...

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Sometimes people who posted on Pinside 15-30 times a day for several years suddenly stop...

There’s a name I haven’t seen in quite a while. Nice to see you posting again.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

O-din hired by Stern... CONFIRMED!!!

Fast times pin inbound.

#61 5 years ago

I gotta say that I am not sure why their is a rule that you can only deactivate your account twice and still return? The third time and you are done forever.

Odin seemed to use the deactivation as a self regulator when he got tired of the shit. Seems like a good time to make an exception and up his self deactivate measure a few more. It allows him to do what we all do in real life, and check out for a bit but still be able to come back and say hello when we want.

I mean... robin made an exception for other things in the past, so maybe this is one to think about???

#62 5 years ago

I don't get the deactivate thing. No need to deactivate, just don't post.
I think the real reason is avacado poisoning.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I don't get the deactivate thing. No need to deactivate, just don't post.
I think the real reason is avacado poisoning.

Some like the real limits. Deactivate means you must reactivate to post. It sets a nice boundary for someone with an addictive personality

#64 5 years ago

It may be my religious beliefs but I do believe in forgiveness and second chances. While I do believe this forum needs moderation, I also feel we need to work things out. Some people are very passionate about pinball and at times they may say or do the wrong thing. Even people who got several warnings, etc. should be allowed back here(I do not believe in permanent bans). This forum is just not the same with some of these characters not engaging in discussions.

I ask that Robin and moderators consider allowing formerly banned or deactivated accounts a second chance. I am not asking for scammers or spammers to have another chance but rather guys who have been here for years and now are not allowed back.

Bring back O-din, Centerflank, Vid1900(even if voluntary) and you can even consider bringing back Kaneda. I am a man that believes in forgiveness and second chances.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I gotta say that I am not sure why their is a rule that you can only deactivate your account twice and still return? The third time and you are done forever.

Because at that point, you’re just being a drama queen.

Look, I miss Vid. For all the shit he smeared on the walls here, he would also hand out knowledge and help people. But O-Din just smeared shit and made it smell. I’m glad he left.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m glad he left.

I don't give downvotes but I do give downvote gifs...

Thumbs down.gifThumbs down.gif
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Bring back O-din, Centerflank, Vid1900(even if voluntary)

I was not aware that Vid had left pinside? I see the last post he made was on the 11th, would someone enlighten me on what happened that would cause him to leave?

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I was not aware that Vid had left pinside? I see the last post he made was on the 11th, would someone enlighten me on what happened that would cause him to leave?

No one really knows. Speculation is rampant. My take is he’s healing up from a heist gone wrong...his ex-team are all dead men when he’s ready.

FA089C95-0EFE-4C2A-8497-60DCDED27270.gifFA089C95-0EFE-4C2A-8497-60DCDED27270.gif
#69 5 years ago

part of the problem lies not with the postings of those who have 'left' but with how the community, whether conditioned or encouraged to, overreacts to them. understand that once all the "intelli-gents" are gone, those remaining wont be able to figure out where everything went so wrong.

#70 5 years ago

i miss my friend.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

None of those at the moment. Eager Beaver left, I think he is over Supreme and still looking for Williams Thunderbird.

Dude is SO epic we are talking about what games he wants months after he left! Catch those vapors, pinside n00bs! Catch them! /snark

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Bring back O-din, Centerflank, Vid1900(even if voluntary) and you can even consider bringing back Kaneda. I am a man that believes in forgiveness and second chances.

Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were going to say "Cornelius."

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were going to say "Cornelius."

Haha i forgot about that dude.....holy cow please Lord no!!!

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It may be my religious beliefs but I do believe in forgiveness and second chances. While I do believe this forum needs moderation, I also feel we need to work things out. Some people are very passionate about pinball and at times they may say or do the wrong thing. Even people who got several warnings, etc. should be allowed back here(I do not believe in permanent bans). This forum is just not the same with some of these characters not engaging in discussions.
I ask that Robin and moderators consider allowing formerly banned or deactivated accounts a second chance. I am not asking for scammers or spammers to have another chance but rather guys who have been here for years and now are not allowed back.

How can you bring back someone who voluntarily deactivated the account? How do you know they want back?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : (
[quoted image]

That's the best Avatar he had. Just love it.

#76 5 years ago

The fact that so many people voted for “I don’t give a shit if he returns” is F ing pathetic

A bunch of jealous haters.

Stay gone Odin. You escaped. Congrats

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The fact that so many people voted for “I don’t give a shit if he returns” is F ing pathetic
A bunch of jealous haters.
Stay gone Odin. You escaped. Congrats

I agree, its sad really because o-din is a great guy. I wish i wouldn't have put the poll up there honestly. He is well liked by the majority of the people here though and i think he knows that. I miss having him around. He made my graveyard shifts a lot less dreadful at work because he used to post late at.night and keep me laughing.

#79 5 years ago

I have been a member for some time on Pinside; I really don't know anyone on here and I am really confused on the drama? Could something somebody types really cause anyone to leave? Are we really that sensitive and soft as a society now? Sure I have read some questionable posts that have left me shaking my head, but to all out leave? O-Din and Vid, if you really are gone, I hope you are happy and doing what you love.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Could something somebody types really cause anyone to leave?

I think o-din had a dispute about an ad that he posted and got pissed. I dont think it was because of anything another member on here said to him. Vid i have a feeling is just taking a break but im not sure.

Quoted from hollywood:

Are we really that sensitive and soft as a society now?

Sadly yes we are and its very real and sickening.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I agree who-dey. I like all eras as well, I am only missing a ‘70’s pin in my lineup now from 60’s to present, but I am cheating by saying CGC’s MBrLE is from the twenty teens, which it is a modern 2019-made machine of a late 90’s title. I am missing a Bally in my collection too, and a widebody so it looks like Bally’s Space Invaders is on the docket now as my first SS non alpha numeic 70s widebody machine and getting my first JJP game as well, oh, wait and an API, and a fuck, a Spooky, Homepin, Multimorphic? Hell, forgot to menion Stern altogether. I mean you could go bankrupt... like most of us have already...

How about a bally paragon?

#82 5 years ago

When your life revolves around pinball you eventually burn out. Especially with the 24hr nature of things now.

Wouldn't be the first time someone left for an extended break, won't be the last.

#83 5 years ago

I miss the beezleboob dude

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I miss the beezleboob dude

Yeah me too, he's a good guy.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How can you bring back someone who voluntarily deactivated the account? How do you know they want back?

I think the problem with O-din coming back is a technicality issue. I believe there is a Pinside rule that you can only de-activate your account three times before it permanently locks your account. I did have the thought that o-din could come back as O-din, or O-DIN, etc.

Spicoli-it is time to come back!

#86 5 years ago

Pinside went to hell in 2019. Odin and Vid gone. I even left for a while. I had pm conversations with both they were cool people. It’s the world we live in now, every offended by a comment. The fat ugly kid wins the beauty pageant.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s the world we live in now, every offended by a comment. The fat ugly kid wins the beauty pageant.

when the "intelli-gents" have left,
todays temporary winners will be next years losers.

factsdontmatter (resized).jpgfactsdontmatter (resized).jpg
#88 5 years ago

The problem with him coming back is he doesn't want to.
Once you get "in the system" you get treated diff'rently and it's not worth it.

#89 5 years ago

Maybe "vireland" thinks these are some of the many personas he thinks I use here. Maybe -o-din and vid1900 are just other me's.

Is that the case "vireland"??

#90 5 years ago

Who?

Ironic I know, as no one knows or cares who I am

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:hostile and volatile

Quoted from iceman44:

what a cesspool

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pinside went to hell

Quoted from underlord:

Pinside is a toilet

Undercover pinside bashing thread....shhhh, don’t tell anyone...

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Undercover pinside bashing thread....shhhh, don’t tell anyone...

Fake news!

#93 5 years ago

O-din's a great host. A true pinhead who has a garage full of pins, pins in every room in his house, and an avacodo to give you to take back home.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

O-din's a great host. A true pinhead who has a garage full of pins, pins in every room in his house, and an avacodo to give you to take back home.

Quoted from Malenko:

Who?
Ironic I know, as no one knows or cares who I am

I feel the same way. Maybe we should start giving out avocados...

10 months later
#95 4 years ago

Bump, why did you come back o-din we must know!

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-o-din-gone-forever/page/2?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.