• Latest reply 5 years ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Having similar problem. All optos out of service. Fuse 103 keeps blowing . My accelerator board also has no LEDs lit but I am getting power to the coils connectors so I'm confused. If I disconnected J6 on the accelerator board fuse does not blow. I will post the solution when I get it running to help some body out later in time.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The coil power is separate to the 12V power to the board so it is certainly possible to have coil power and no board power.
Without the 12V board power the logic can't work and the coils can't be switched.
I suspect you could have a shorted output transistor, Q3, Q6 or Q9 (the large TIP36C ones) or possibly one of their drivers the TIP102's?
I would measure them all for shorts before doing much more.

Ok thanks. Are the components you mentioned on the accelerator board or on the power driver board? I tried a used back up board that had worked years before. I was looking for one your fresh accelerator boards but don't see them on pinball life's website. I'll research how to test these transistors and if they are are NPN or PNP type. Thanks for the reply...

#6 6 years ago

Also if J 6 is connected and any or all supercharger coils are plugged in a fuse blows immediately.

#7 6 years ago

I also am seeing this burnt connector J5 for optos on both boards that I tried.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The coil power is separate to the 12V power to the board so it is certainly possible to have coil power and no board power.
Without the 12V board power the logic can't work and the coils can't be switched.
I suspect you could have a shorted output transistor, Q3, Q6 or Q9 (the large TIP36C ones) or possibly one of their drivers the TIP102's?
I would measure them all for shorts before doing much more.

Q9 has a short. What next?

#11 6 years ago

Ok thanks. I'm not a board guy so I'll send it out or buy a new board. Do you think this will solve my problem and give me 12 volts to the accelerator board? (Optos and coils not working). Is your new board available in U.S ? Thanks for the reply!!!!!!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I am unsure what stocks Pinball Life are holding but I have brought it to their attention. It wouldn't hurt for you to shoot them an enquiry as they might have stock that isn't listed on the website yet?

I'll call Terry tommorow!!! My only fear is that a new board might be damaged by something wrong with the game . The current board in the game is a known good backup that I put in to see if it would fix my problem. I have tested the original board outside the game and no transitors seem to be shorted..... Optos and super charger coils also did not work with the first board... Any thoughts? Grumpy is helping me troubleshoot.

#14 6 years ago

Both boards have burn marks on J5 board connector ..

1 week later
#15 6 years ago

For anyone in the future fighting this,here is how my problems was resolved. Re pinned connectors on accelerator board,had too many mods on J118. J-118 is the 12 volts to the accelerator board.repinned j-118 connector. Pinsider Grumpy patiently walked me through this problem. Thanks Grumpy. Accelerator board needed repaired. Optos and supercharger coils are now working.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So did you have to replace any transistors or was it just the accelerator board repinning that fixed it ?
Im going through the exact same issue with my Getaway. Grumpy is helping me out also. Just finished a playfield swap and now not getting power to the accelerator board.

Not sure what all he replaced on the board. I know we were suspecting a transistor and pre transitor. Grumpy did not tell me what exact components needed replaced. He would know for sure. He did mention that some connectors on the board were loose and needed replaced. Let us know how it goes..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hsii-the-getaway-all-optos-not-working-fixed?tu=MJW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.