20220716_155310 (resized).jpg
20220716_155319 (resized).jpg
20220716_161647 (resized).jpg
7A3FA12E-7CAE-4307-AD86-5F0FD3A92E9E (resized).png
185910AC-1217-482B-B7FE-995AB61DFF66 (resized).jpeg
sand1 (resized).jpg
D117173A-4910-475C-A24F-7A5076453A83.gif
1DFC6390-046A-4294-920B-3F1F999EFE72 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#39 1 year ago

Canceled all streaming services or luxury services: no Netflix, free Amazon Prime, no Spotify, no Disney+, no monthly drive through carwash, lowest cell phone plan possible with amenities cell phone Hotspot disablcar wash,

Eat out at Chick-fil-A once a week.

Suspended nearly all driving of the Factory Five 65 Roadster. Haven't filled gas into it since May. Drive it one weekend a month if that.

Being military helps. Locked in rates on rent and utilities. I go TDY to Tinker every other week, which permits me to see my family in Wichita Falls - so I can see them and not pay out of pocket for airfare, rental car, hotel, rental car gas, etc. All I have to pay is the parking fee for any day I take off work during that TDY (one single Saturday in a 14 day period).

Since I get to see my family about 4 days a month, I don't feel badly one single bit going TDY for work and seeing them on the weekend on the government's dime.

#89 1 year ago

Well, good to see as usual, a Pinside thread is off the rails. Went from subjective cases of dealing with inflation to....this.

You're the recent exception, @kkoss24.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

if you want to discuss a hard topic but only
want to address what bothered you and not address all the aspects driving it, then I guess it’s off the rails.

*re-reads the thread topic title*

Well...I mean... yep.

#206 1 year ago

HGTV is a waste of time with banality as the main presentation.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Story time! I witnessed the most epic career ending meltdown... over chicken wings.
Wing Wednesday was awesome, and there was always a line 20 people deep to pay (by the ounce) for chicken wings in this cafeteria in a government building. You'd walk up, scoop up your wings with tongs, and then go weigh them at checkout and pay. So I'm about 10 people back in line when I see the cafeteria workers running (not walking) running over to this guy and then yelling at him. This guy had decided that the wings were a ripoff AND PROCEEDED TO DEBONE THE CHICKEN WINGS IN LINE AND THROW THE BONES BACK INTO THE BIN. The guys behind him tried to talk some sense into him, but he proceeded to continue to debone the chicken, and the commotion drew the police (Federal Government Building). The police told him he had to pay for the whole tray, but the dude said that the bones were a ripoff and that he "wasn't paying for shit". They then proceeded to walk him out of the building, never to return. Dude was a GS-14 (Stable 6 figure job with retirement). Dude threw his career away over Chicken Wings... Must have just come from a bad meeting.

Awesome principle. Poor execution.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-handling-inflation?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.