Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stock Car Sequence Bank reset 2 (resized).jpg
Stock Car Sequence Bank reset (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cash_Riprock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

James
I think it could be one of the armature switches under the reset bank. Been a long time since I’ve been in the cabinet of an EM. SB1 or SB2…see which one is which. (Start-reset bank on motor board) There’s 4 or 5 armature switches under that bank. If it is, tricky to adjust. 1st make sure that bank is locked in place properly…easiest check to start. You need to flip that bank over to adjust. Keep in mind ‘gravity’ comes into play when adjusting since the bank will be flipped back into position after adjusting. I always did it while motorboard in cabinet, but if frustrated take motorboard out and work on it. It can be done while in cabinet.

I would make sure switch stack screws are tight. If loose, adjust the screw closest to the blade 1st. Clean contacts. After cleaning and adjusting I check for continuity on and off on the switch before flipping bank back into position.(POWER OFF)
Hope this may be of help. Good luck.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So your thinking it’s a switch out of adjustment or dirty on that bank that’s under the field that’s held in place with the 2 wing nuts
and not on the start bank on the mech panel

Yes, one of the armature switches under bank.

I see MarkG posted so your in great hands there!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

You didn't answer the question. Can you confirm that the #11 relay (2nd from the right) trips after being reset?
Looking more at the schematic I think that the #11 relay should trip during reset once in each Score Motor cycle. I think the way this game resets is:
- the coin chute trips the SB2/Start relay in the Control (trip relay) Bank
- a make/break switch on SB2 trips the SB1/Start relay in the Control Bank
- a switch on the SB1 relay starts the Score Motor
- the Score Reels reset to zero through switches on the SB1 and SB2 relays
- if the ball count isn't already at zero (e.g. the game tilted somewhere in the middle of the game) the Ball Count Unit counts down to zero
- once the Score Reels and Ball Count Unit reach zero the DB/Reset relay trips at the end of the Score Motor cycle through a switch at Score Motor position 2B
- at the beginning of the next Score Motor cycle the #11 trip relay trips through a make/break switch on the DB relay
- once the DB relay has tripped the Ball Count unit counts up from zero to 3, 5 or 8 balls (user adjustable)
- once the Ball Count has reached the correct number of balls the Control Bank Reset solenoid fires through switches on the Add Ball Count unit and the SB1 Armature (in the red box):
[quoted image]
I think you're getting through everything but the last step. If that's the case something in the Control Bank Reset solenoid path is intermittent. It could be the SB1 Armature switch (as suggested at the beginning of this topic), or the Add Ball Count switch on the Ball Count unit, or it could be that your Ball Count Unit isn't stepping up cleanly, or the wipers aren't making good contact.
Things I would check:
- Is the Control (trip relay) bank fully seated in its brackets and are the wing nuts tight?
- Is the SB1 Armature switch clean and working correctly? (closed when the SB1 relay is tripped, open once it has reset)?
- Is the Add Ball Count Unit switch clean and closing each time a the Add Ball Count solenoid fires?
- Does your ball count unit step cleanly up and down with no hesitation?
Remember that this entire circuit is running at 120 volts. Unplug the game before poking around.

Beautiful Mark!!! I’m more of the ‘have to be there prod and poke’ repair guy or babble on. : )

As I wrote earlier my thoughts are in the SB1 or SB2 relays. I’ve run into that so many times way back when. Not saying definitive, but more so than not.

James, not telling you what to do but make sure you read all replies thoroughly and if you don’t understand ask.

I wrote in my 1st reply if you’re cleaning/adjusting switches make sure you check those switch stack screws 1st! If loose you’re just wasting time adjusting.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay folks
Apologies for the delay
Got called in work early … just finished up everyone’s suggestions
I followed everything mentioned
Will be totally honest I got nervous I would of missed something so I did everything
For most part I prolly did more than I should have. I pulled the field out of the game and looked at the start relays and did notice a couple dirty switches so I cleaned those and ensure the switches closed and opened per how the relay was resting
While the field was out I looked at the 11 relay with the switch and did notice the bar was leaning against it more than I felt it should be so I took some spring tension off the bar enough where it leaves a solid gap
Also I cleaned the score motor switch in association to the reset bar coil pulse as that was beyond dirty
After all said and done
Stock Car ‘dorado’ RESETS properly
Thank you all again for all your help and not giving up on me

Thanks for posting the update. Well done James, enjoy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cash_Riprock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-stock-car-start-up-reset-woes?tu=Cash_Riprock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.