Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3336.jpg
fPhOFbN.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Contemplated for a long time and just said F@&$ it and ordered one the other day. Hopefully getting it this weekend or next week sometime. I've played it a few times but never had a chance to really learn the rules. Cannot wait to get some good quality time on one.

Totally out of room at this point so one or two will have to go. Problem is I don't really want to sell anything....Crap!!! Decisions decisions.

The wife actually wanted to get an MMR but I was looking for something unique. Hopefully I won't regret not going in the MMR direction.

Totally pointless post. Just excited I guess.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks. Feel like a kid at Christmas again. Just got the standard. Didn't really want all the bling. I'm not really a mod guy at all. Although maybe a shaker would be a good add. I have to admit I do like the castle and tornado mods. Really looking forward to digging into the new code as well. Any advice for a Woz noob on what to look out for?

#10 8 years ago

Lol....forgot about all the pain the early folks went through.

#19 8 years ago

Always thought it would be cool to get a MM one day. However I've played it a ton over the years and there wouldn't be anything new to discover. It would just be something cool to look at. I used to treat my stuff like a museum piece when I first started. Learned early on that they are supposed to be played and having perfect pins is insanely expensive. Thats what I like about this hobby. Some like the HEP stuff. Some like to mod. Some like just to play. Hey, if you like to wipe them with a diaper and look at the pretty lights that's cool too.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Congrats, glad to hear you finally decided to take the plunge! I think your wife will be happy with the decision. Don't forget to get the cliffy for the edge of the munchkin playfield.

Thanks man. I will for sure. The protectors are usually first on my list.
Hope things are going well for you and the family.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Here is what you do. Fold up two games so that will free up one spot and you don't have to sell. Bingo!!
Then rotate a game out every so often.

Thought about that, but not sure if the spousal unit would be on board. I will probably try as I really don't want to sell anything. If all goes well no FS post. If not then....maybe I should start a poll. "How many guys successfully rotate pins without getting into trouble"

#29 8 years ago

Plus (per the dude). "It will really tie the room together"

#42 8 years ago

I certainly don't want to say anything negative about MMR. I'm glad it's even an option to consider. I hope they sell a ton and make another model soon. It just wasn't for me at this time. Maybe I will go after a future remake down the road. I guess I was looking for something new and unique this time. Something I haven't really experienced before. I have played MM a lot and have experienced just about everything it has to offer. If you look at my collection history I think I've had something in the neighborhood of 25-30 pins rotate through my house over the years....Not as crazy as some, but could be considered a borderline addiction.

At any rate I think I'm going to try and rotate for a while. If I had to pick today I would probably put up my X-Files or possibly the WH2O. Although both would be tough as I'm a fan of each...Wait I guess I do have a problem.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Shaker is a great addition! I just got my 2nd WOZ a couple of days ago. So much going on! My kid called me just to tell me he spontaneously went to play on it (which RARELY happens) and put up a score of 420k which was good enough for position #1 on the scoreboard (new update to 5.05 code). Both of us were really excited to hear that news.
I hope you really enjoy your WOZ. I know we are.

Good point. I often don't consider my time and labor when talking about these things. Probably should.

#44 8 years ago

Quoted the wrong text. Need to learn how to use a mouse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-took-the-plunge-on-a-nib-woz?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.