2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I was thinking it is about time for a company that specializes in Pinball and provides escrow services to get rolling. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a pin and have it shipped and the shipping company takes care of paying the seller once the buyer has received the pin. Twice now I have had conversations with somebody trying to scam and get me to send money for the purchase of a pinball machine. Both times I caught the scam before it was too late, but an escrow service would make this scam obsolete. Just a brainstorm, but what if pinside teamed up with Beltmann to provide the escrow delivery combo? What do you all think? I have looked into using escrow.com, but the fees are high and there are issues (for the seller) if the pin is damaged in delivery or not delivered at all. Most sellers want the buyer to deal with shipping so I guess the escrow could be released on pickup of the pin.

#2 2 years ago

So...I the seller only get paid after I release the machine to shipper and then on hope's you are satisfied then I get paid and if you are not satisfied I am out the money and the machine. Is my machine now held hostage for more negotiation, are you paying the return shipping?
    NO THANKS!!!
    If you are having problems with scams learn to do your due diligence better.
    Shippers do not get involved as the middle man for a reason.
    -Mike

#3 2 years ago

Just buy local. Cash on the glass.

If buying NIB, make sure they are a legit distributor per Sterns or JJP distributor list on their respective websites.

#4 2 years ago

So you effectively want to shift any risk to another entity.

That would be crazy expensive to be worth doing, any company would have to charge a ton of $$ to make that worth bothering with and take the risk on.

people bitch and moan about shipping prices at it is. I cant imagine anyone willing to pay up for this kind of thing.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So...I the seller only get paid after I release the machine to shipper and then on hope's you are satisfied then I get paid and if you are not satisfied I am out the money and the machine. Is my machine now held hostage for more negotiation, are you paying the return shipping?
    NO THANKS!!!
    If you are having problems with scams learn to do your due diligence better.
    Shippers do not get involved as the middle man for a reason.
    -Mike

In a normal escrow situation the seller would get paid once the merchandise was delivered, but my idea is that the seller gets paid on pickup. The shipping company facilitating the escrow removes nearly all of the risk and actually it shouldn't cost any more than current shipping with insurance. The shipping company really wouldn't have much additional risk because if there is not a game to pick up then the buyer gets the money they already paid returned. Maybe a small fee for the escrow would be needed to cover situations where the is no pin to pickup. As for condition of the pin that is between buyer and seller before shipping and payment is setup.

#6 2 years ago

Cash on the glass. It has to be that way unless you know the seller from across the country.
    Shipping companies have enough on their plate and are not going to get involved with escrow and payments.
    I show up with my rig to pick up a machine and have to wait for payment to go through the system with bad signal on crappy day and wait 30 min or more for all the digital stuff to happen...
    Seller says money hasn't shown in my account,so machine goes no where until it does.
    I as a trucker don't have the time of day for this. We can barely get things done now working 70hrs a week and now add more secretary duties to it.. not happening. I would drive away to my next stop.
    -Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escrow-amp-transport-service?hl=tigzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.