Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1G-GeS8vVL._SL1500_.jpg
    d2a68894513b6a2b25fda4748d27fac32657f2ac.jpg
    b6a54c1703f51445bc89444e64949d2b68109bb1.jpg
    61wO17QqetL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    16562964335453053550208866016056 (resized).jpg
    16562962519506373135839386872870 (resized).jpg
    16562940998712540634709895789856 (resized).jpg
    20220626_192659 (resized).jpg
    20220626_193222 (resized).jpg
    20220617_152817 (resized).jpg
    0937064ebdf13adcc15d71696984d899-484316138 (resized).jpg
    d0d22a7b204a5da24e564fab5458eae3 (resized).jpg
    bowie (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 00-42-32 Top 10 Selling Music Artists – 1969_2021 - Statistics and Data (resized).png
    A0EE6FF8-05DF-47F5-9174-D53686CE8404 (resized).jpeg
    jp (resized).jpg
    There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

Ok, it’s time to seriously ask. Stern, where is the Eagles pin? It could be Desperado Eagles, Hotel California Eagles, or just the band in general.

They have more fans than many of the hard rock bands who already have games. It’s time.

Am I the only Pinsider who would want this game in their collection?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Ok, it’s time to seriously ask. Stern, where is the Eagles pin? It could be Desperado Eagles, Hotel California Eagles, or just the band in general.
    They have more fans than many of the hard rock bands who already have games. It’s time.
    Am I the only Pinsider who would want this game in their collection?

Love The Eagles. I don't think that there's been a bigger American band in the history of rock and roll. Definitely not adrenaline-pumping pinball music outside of perhaps a couple of songs though. Besides, any mention of it will result in the "I hate the fuckin' Eagles" gif from now to eternity.

#3 1 year ago

I like the Eagles but as a pin….

26FA84BF-E9FF-4D13-909F-12250DBBD8A5.gif26FA84BF-E9FF-4D13-909F-12250DBBD8A5.gif
    #4 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Love The Eagles. I don't think that there's been a bigger American band in the eternity.

Let the haters come. Sure there were just as many Rush, Zeppelin, etc haters. It’s time. Lol

#5 1 year ago
    R.e7772308d704637e0e1088aa6ad98cd7.gifR.e7772308d704637e0e1088aa6ad98cd7.gif
    #6 1 year ago

Not really into Country music so I'll pass.

#7 1 year ago

Have you thought about making a home brew Eagles pin?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not really into Country music so I'll pass.

Not a Country band. Heard “The Long Run” album?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Let the haters come. Sure there were just as many Rush, Zeppelin, etc haters. It’s time. Lol

It’s no hate for the Eagles it’s just for them as a theme for a pin. LZ just isn’t the right groove for a modern fast playing pin…Rush is a great theme…lots of good songs I just don’t dig the art direction that was chosen….and don’t anyone start talking about a Pink Floyd pin as that would lullaby me to sleep. Not every band would make a great music pin…..Iron Maiden worked because there is so much good art to work with…Megadeth or Judas Priest would actually work for the same reason. Motörhead would even be a good one…it’s cool to like the bad boy bands these days. Tons of other bands to be explored as themes so it will be interesting to see what is made over the next 10 years or so.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Not a Country band. Heard “The Long Run” album?

The Eagles have plenty of country songs..they are a bit of rock and country.

Take it easy, Lying Eyes, Desparado…all country and all big hits.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Love The Eagles. I don't think that there's been a bigger American band in the history of rock and roll. Definitely not adrenaline-pumping pinball music outside of perhaps a couple of songs though. Besides, any mention of it will result in the "I hate the fuckin' Eagles" gif from now to eternity.

Biggest American rock n roll band ever?

#12 1 year ago

Ramones, Aerosmith,metallica

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

OP is probably referring to their Greatest Hits collection being the #2 selling album of all time, after Thriller. Hotel California is #7, according to one list I found.

#14 1 year ago

Grateful dead had a million people at their shows after touch of grey came out. Not really a rock band but the possibilities for this game are literally endless

#15 1 year ago

I would literally pay to not own a fucking Eagles machine.

#16 1 year ago

I can’t think of any music that would be more boring to listen to while playing pinball than the Eagles...except perhaps Fleetwood Mac. If I never hear another Eagles or post Peter Green Fleetwood Mac song I will die a happy man...and hopefully go to heaven cause I’m sure they play them 24/7 in hell.

#17 1 year ago

Train would be worse. Drops of Jupiter multiball would make me quit pinball forever

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I would literally pay to not own a fucking Eagles machine.

So no peaceful easy feeling ball save eh?

#19 1 year ago

My buddy's best friend was their first tour manager. I bet he'd like to have a Henley smash toy.

#20 1 year ago

Not for a pinball. What’s next, Steely Dan Collector’s Edition?

#21 1 year ago

Not my thing, but at some point they are going to run out of classic rock bands to make into pins. Why not the Eagles? They’ve sold tons of records. I’m sure it would sell at least as well as Rush.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

And those haters were right. Both games are crap.

Quoted from usandthem:

I don't think that there's been a bigger American band in the history of rock and roll.

The Grateful Dead would like a word.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Ramones, Aerosmith,metallica

I don't really like any of those groups, but the Ramones barely had a career. Aerosmith was huge 40+ years ago. Metallica was huge 30+ years ago (maybe the only ones to get a reasonably timely pin... they weren't in the old folks home by the time it came out).

Quoted from sullivcd40:

Grateful dead had a million people at their shows after touch of grey came out. Not really a rock band but the possibilities for this game are literally endless

Not really a rock band? They are THE American rock band. If all you know is Touch of Grey, I see how you could come to that conclusion... but it's not correct.

As far as the Eagles, not an *awful* band, but I have no idea what IP they have that would integrate well with a pin. It would likely end up disjointed and not an immersive experience.

#23 1 year ago

2001 Stern

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #24 1 year ago

Fine band in general. Horrible band for a pinball theme.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Between album sales, touring receipts, and longevity, who do you think is bigger? Is Aerosmith in the same league in that regard? Possibly.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Between album sales, touring receipts, and longevity, who do you think is bigger?

It's already been said, but it's the Grateful Dead, and it's not even close. They did a show with the Allman Brothers and the Band that was nearly double the size of the audience at Woodstock. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Jam_at_Watkins_Glen

The surviving members are still playing together 57 years after their first show, and still filling stadiums.

And the iconography... sure, lots of bands have that one bit that comes to mind (the Rolling Stones tongue for example), but no one else has the huge portfolio of artwork that is so unique and immediately identifiable as being associated with one band.

Stern would find a way to screw it up, but a JJP Grateful Dead pin has the potential to go right to the top of my "want list".

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:Between album sales, touring receipts, and longevity, who do you think is bigger? Is Aerosmith in the same league in that regard? Possibly.

Could add Bruce Springsteen to the mix?

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It's already been said, but it's the Grateful Dead, and it's not even close. They did a show with the Allman Brothers and the Band that was nearly double the size of the audience at Woodstock. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Jam_at_Watkins_Glen
    The surviving members are still playing together 57 years after their first show, and still filling stadiums.
    And the iconography... sure, lots of bands have that one bit that comes to mind (the Rolling Stones tongue for example), but no one else has the huge portfolio of artwork that is so unique and immediately identifiable as being associated with one band.
    Stern would find a way to screw it up, but a JJP Grateful Dead pin has the potential to go right to the top of my "want list".

I don't know, man. 200 million vs. 35 million records sold. Grateful Dead toured a whole hell of a lot. And of course there's the merchandise. Eagles have grossed 850 million in touring since they reformed in 1994. I have know idea what they made in their initial run from 1972-1980. Royalties from airplay definitely goes to The Eagles too. I guess there are many ways of looking at it, but it still looks like The Eagles get the nod to me.

#29 1 year ago

Eminem has sold 220m records, I guess that makes him the best…

#30 1 year ago

Yes there are other bands that are in the Eagles league in popularity. And no they don’t have the heart pounding music of the hard rock bands. But that is part of the point. There are lots of us who don’t like the music of Metallica, Guns n Roses, Kiss, etc. And certainly the majority of games have no music theme.

It’s about having a game that plays well and has a theme you like. I just think there are so many Eagles fans that a game that is fun to play and Eagles themed would sell well. Certainly I would own one. And yes this is true for Greatful Dead and other great bands.

#31 1 year ago
    16553023138714386740809581589096 (resized).jpg16553023138714386740809581589096 (resized).jpg
    #32 1 year ago

I like the Doors, but Jim Morrison has been dead for more than half-a-century. Their fanbase is well into their 70s at this point. I don't see that one being a success.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I like the Doors, but Jim Morrison has been dead for more than half-a-century. Their fanbase is well into their 70s at this point. I don't see that one being a success.

Agree...caught up in the best American rock bands
    Too bad same for Hendrix

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

Rather have an Outkast pin !

16553036394157805900203762286579 (resized).jpg16553036394157805900203762286579 (resized).jpg
    #35 1 year ago

Drained due to picture

#36 1 year ago

Dad Rock pins are getting stale.
    I know, Let's do Granddad Rock pins!!!!

#37 1 year ago

Grateful Dead fans are all ages. Take a look at the crowd from the Dead and Co opener at Shoreline last night on YouTube.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Dad Rock pins are getting stale.
    I know, Let's do Granddad Rock pins!!!!

I heard a hot rumor that Gary Stern plans for the next three releases to be the Andrews Sisters, Glen Miller, and Perry Como... but my source wasn't clear on the order they would be released in.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:

Grateful Dead fans are all ages. Take a look at the crowd from the Dead and Co opener at Shoreline last night on YouTube.

I work at a university... I see kids walking around all the time with Grateful Dead shirts, listening to music that was made 30+ years before they were born.

It would be like people of my vintage listening to music of the 40s and 50s.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

I think you’re being sarcastic, but he was forgotten about almost as quickly as he became big. He also has relatively little touring revenue. That can probably be chalked up to the fact that rap is outed as the shit it is when someone goes on stage to talk into a microphone for 2 hours while someone stands behind him and plays recorded music.

#41 1 year ago

I live in a college town and see students wearing Grateful Dead stuff all the time. My wife gets complimented pretty much every time she wears her Bertha sweatshirt. Also, the only pinball bar in town is owned by a Dead head. It just seems perfect.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I work at a university... I see kids walking around all the time with Grateful Dead shirts, listening to music that was made 30+ years before they were born.
    It would be like people of my vintage listening to music of the 40s and 50s.

Same is true of a lot of music from 30+ years ago. Went to the Hotel California concert. Yes lots of blue hairs like me. But also a lot of people much younger.

And it still gets to theme to a great extent. Godzilla being a good example. I really like playing it, but never been a Godzilla fan. So really don’t have an interest in owning it.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I'm with this guy.

#44 1 year ago

I like the Eagles but you need something with a little more energy for pinball.

Give me one of these guys...

GlossyMedicalAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gifGlossyMedicalAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gif

uRT4svIHuoPw.gifuRT4svIHuoPw.gif

#45 1 year ago

Can we STOP with more music pins?

Make something unique and creative.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No more movies, tv shows, or superheroes then. What does that mean? An unlicensed theme. We know what happens at the mere suggestion of that.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Give me one of these guys...

One that had a couple of minor hits, and another that almost no one has heard of. No thanks.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

The trailer park boys
    They would definitely be in for a pin

#49 1 year ago

Just change up the logo and now you have the hardest hitting band of all time. It’s sure to rock right?

CE9B416B-6EF0-4065-B1A3-EA819C043396 (resized).jpegCE9B416B-6EF0-4065-B1A3-EA819C043396 (resized).jpeg
    #50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Just change up the logo and now you have the hardest hitting band of all time. It’s sure to rock right?[quoted image]

Hmm..interesting, Like recording rudolph the red nose reindeer in power cords

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eagles-pinball?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.