C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LoganJK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#465 3 years ago

Great thread!!

I haven't read the entire thing yet so don't hate me if this has come up before. My daughter is turning 2 in a few months and we want to start planning a trip right before her 3rd birthday (assuming no pandemic).

I'm considering becoming a member of DVC but I'm not 100% we are going to use it enough to get our monies worth. We really like the sound of a 2 bedroom villa with a kitchen instead of an over priced hotel room.

If we decide that DVC is not for us, what experience do you guys have with renting dvc points from websites like dvcrentalstore.com? From my research, I could rent points and get a 2 bedroom villa at the grand floridian for a full week for about $6000 and other properties were under $4000. They advertise points cost about $17 each plus $3 to get insurance. We are planning for late fall 2021.

Is renting points my best option if we decide not to become DVC members or should I look elsewhere?

Couple other questions,

By my math a DVC membership for 15 years is going to run me a little more than 40k (initial cost + 15 years of monthly dues). Do any DVC members on here have experience selling their membership when they are done? I see memberships selling in the $165-$200 per point. Is this realistic? or are these resell sites to good to be true.

In my state (NC) time shares are illegal and I'm generally terrified of them. My mother in law bought 2 in tampa for about $15k 10 years ago and they are worthless now. I assume your investment is much safer with Disney?

Thanks!!!!

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I own DVC points ..... and the $9600/yr maintenance fee is crazy.

Whoa! I was looking at buying 100 points at copper creek, initial cost 22k then $70 a month. That's where I was getting a little over 40k for 15 years. I know the monthly maintenance will go up slightly every year, are there other hidden fees I'm missing?

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I am not a DVC owner, but I have researched it a bit. I'm not going to try to give you advice, other than to say it's a REALLY big topic. There are many, many things to consider. Therefore, I highly recommend that you research this somewhere other than a pinball forum.
One possible good place to start would be wdwinfo dotcom. They have a section of the site dedicated to it, as well as a forum topic dedicated to it.
Even simply renting DVC points comes with some risks/drawbacks, so it's good to know before you do it.

I'm just getting starting with the research! thanks for the website tip, I'll keep digging in!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LoganJK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=LoganJK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.