70 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be a fan?”

• I would love it, already a fan of the game and I would buy it asap. 2 votes
      15%
    • I would like it, maybe play it in an arcade but I would only like it because it is a pinball machine. 6 votes
      46%
    • Nah, Don't care what the layout or features are it's just not my type. 5 votes
      38%

(13 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (31).gif
    #1 70 days ago

I have heard rumors of Cuphead being a pinball machine and if it gets made then it will mark a new era of pinball. We have never had a pinball based on video games. Cuphead is absolutely perfect for a pinball machine with an old-fashioned theme attracting the traditional fans while attracting the newer fans and having them discover pinball for the first time. Also, when was the last time we had true Big Band Jazz out of our game rooms? This would be my favorite game by far and there is sooooooooooo much potential and I bet that Studio MDHR would love it and actually help out the game, unlike any other theme we have ever seen. I made a whole forum about whether pinball is dying and whether it's up to American Pinball to keep the future of pinball alive.
    For those who have never heard of this weird Cup guy here it is:

#2 70 days ago
    Quoted from 1GuyThatYeeted:

have heard rumors of Cuphead being a pinball machine

Pretty much just speculation and wishful thinking. There's been no substance to it.

I'm sure if you search the forums, you'll find other discussions about it. The subject has surfaced before.

Quoted from 1GuyThatYeeted:

We have never had a pinball based on video games.

There have been a few.

Super Mario Bros, street fighter II, big buck hunter pro, rollercoaster tycoon, spy hunter, joust, q*Bert's quest, defender, baby pacman, Mr & Mrs pacman, space invaders

There's a few homebrew games too, such as sonic, Metroid, and Minecraft.

But yes, the list is somewhat short compared to other types of themes.

#3 70 days ago

My apologies for forgetting those. Cuphead would have been the first pinball on a game that has released in the last 15 years (assuming if it comes out past 2024) I totally forgot about big buck hunter pro, rollercoaster tycoon.

#4 70 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty much just speculation and wishful thinking. There's been no substance to it.
    I'm sure if you search the forums, you'll find other discussions about it. The subject has surfaced before.

There have been a few.
    Super Mario Bros, street fighter II, big buck hunter pro, rollercoaster tycoon, spy hunter, joust, q*Bert's quest, defender, baby pacman, Mr & Mrs pacman, space invaders
    There's a few homebrew games too, such as sonic, Metroid, and Minecraft.
    But yes, the list is somewhat short compared to other types of themes.

Shaq Attaq is also apparently licensed based off the video game! It has EA copyright info on the cab, and they made the Shaq Fu videogame, so the pin is somehow video game adjacent

#5 70 days ago

what a breath of fresh air

giphy (31).gifgiphy (31).gif

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cuphead-hype-forum-don-t-deal-with-the-devil?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.