(Topic ID: 288042)

Contacting Rotten Dog

By Caribbean-Pin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have for some time tried to get in contact with Rotten Dog about some boards I bought. No success. I am not in US so making a call is not ideal (not that I have a number). Is this normal for them to be hard to reach? Is there some unofficial ways to reach them that anyone like to share with please send me a PM or write here.
    If this fails I guess I just post me questions here but I like to have the manufacturer deal with this since they claim to do so on their site. "Please feel free to contact us for questions / issues / concerns on any of our products".

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for that sadly bad news.

I guess I make a new post about my Rotten Dog questions and hope someone have answers that helps me out. Hate to have to spend a lot of money another time when this is supposed to solve my original issues.

#4 3 years ago

They didn't take your money did they?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

They didn't take your money did they?

Well I ordered stuff and got it but now when replacing the boards it is not working as wanted. I just needed some guidance I guess (hope).

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Caribbean-Pin:

Well I ordered stuff and got it but now when replacing the boards it is not working as wanted. I just needed some guidance I guess (hope).

Did you properly go through the game first and inspect it for potential issues, or did you just plug the new boards in and hoped for the best?

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Post-Purchase_Checklist

What game are you working on?

#7 3 years ago

It's a Space Shuttle I had for 20 years or so. When moving to the Caribbean I thought I would put in new boards in it. It started to show signs of wanting that. So I bought new boards and put that into the container with the game. Now here I started a renovation of the game. Took it all apart and also replaced the bulbs with LED and new coils.
    It will run with the Rotten Dog boards but I have no sound. Just the static noise that always been there. There are 6 flashers (Space and Shuttle) in the center of the playfield that is lit up all the time. The rest of the game seems to work just fine (apart from 3 player displays but I think it is the displays that finally gave up and needs to be replaced).
    I can't remember when I got the boards if U24 and U26 is supposed to be empty or if I should get them from the old board. I got new sound proms and discarded the old. I read a bunch of threads and done some voltage checks and it seems to be fine. Not exact but darn close to what it is supposed to be.
    One thought I had is that the difference in Hz (This game came from Sweden 220V/50Hz) would affect the game but I cant really find any information anywhere that they are changed when shipped to Europe to start with. I was supposed to convert it back to 110V/60Hz but at the moment I test it on 220v/60Hz.

Any insights in any of this things? I made another post with more exact descriptions but no one have replied yet. So if you know or know anyone that might know I greatly appreciate any info.

#8 3 years ago

It started to show signs of wanting that

Why, what was it doing?

So I bought new boards

Which boards did you replace?

Normally, it's not necessary to replace coils unless they're damaged, burnt up, or swollen.

It will run with the Rotten Dog boards but I have no sound. Just the static noise that always been there. There are 6 flashers (Space and Shuttle) in the center of the playfield that is lit up all the time. The rest of the game seems to work just fine (apart from 3 player displays but I think it is the displays that finally gave up and needs to be replaced).
    I can't remember when I got the boards if U24 and U26 is supposed to be empty or if I should get them from the old board. I got new sound proms and discarded the old. I read a bunch of threads and done some voltage checks and it seems to be fine. Not exact but darn close to what it is supposed to be.
    One thought I had is that the difference in Hz (This game came from Sweden 220V/50Hz) would affect the game but I cant really find any information anywhere that they are changed when shipped to Europe to start with. I was supposed to convert it back to 110V/60Hz but at the moment I test it on 220v/60Hz.

Any insights in any of this things? I made another post with more exact descriptions but no one have replied yet. So if you know or know anyone that might know I greatly appreciate any info.

I would suggest giving your tech thread a bump: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-and-rotten-dog-issues#post-6141354

#9 3 years ago

Why, what was it doing?
    Sometimes it would get stuck in boot test. Sometimes it would show only 3 players. Sometimes in game it would shut down.
    I had a friend pinpoint the issue on the MPU but when that was fixed something else was bad. So I decided to just get a new Rotten dog MPU 9211 and WDP 3211A.

Normally, it's not necessary to replace coils unless they're damaged, burnt up, or swollen.
    I just thought that replacing them now and keep the old as spare for the future. It was the Flipper coils and the one for the drop target.

I would suggest giving your tech thread a bump: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-and-rotten-dog-issues#post-6141354

Will do that.

Thanks for helping!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contacting-rotten-dog?hl=caribbean-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.