Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So took a half-day off from teaching yesterday to go pick my Congo up at the shipping center. Then had to go to the rest of work, wrestling practice, parent/teacher conferences, and then cook dinner for my girlfriend before I could get it set up to play. Spraynard came over and we got it going, after a few delays we were pretty happy with how it was playing. We called it a night at about 10:30, and by that I mean he left and I went back to playing until almost 2 am. Super fun game, and glad I took a chance on a deal that sounded too good. Going to need a bit of TLC, but right now very happy, will get some pics up soon.

#4 10 years ago

Parents had to show up for that, in 4 hours of conferences I only had 7 parents show up so luckily was able to use the time to get grading and planning done for the next few days so more time could be spent on Congo.

#6 10 years ago

Quick Congo question, when we first got balls installed (5) it was kicking out two balls every into the shooter lane. Removed 1 ball and problem solved. How many balls should there be? I know there is a 5 ball multi-ball, but is it counting the lower playfield ball as an active ball in that mode? Thanks.

#7 10 years ago

Please ignore my stupid questions from above, read the manual for 10 seconds and figured it out.

#12 10 years ago

I didn't think that was a necessary details, I ended up playing for several more hours last night, even installed the ball into the lower playfield, think the coils down there just need cleaned up and it should be playing very well then.

#15 10 years ago

Agreed, I'm not great at working on pinball machines in general, my shaft an entirely different story, but I would be curious about the Congo Gorilla Shaft fix just in case that is indeed what mine needs.

#16 10 years ago

As promised some pics. Whoever owned it before me LEDed the hell out of it, all the diamond inserts have color changers.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

FYI, the lower playfully is notoriously problematic because of the stress put on parts in the gorilla assembly. If your shaft or plate in that assembly are worn, I can talk you through sources for a new one, as there's about to be at least one new option for repairing this on the market.

Collin any update or info on this alternative my Gorilla definitely needs work.

#21 10 years ago

Thats great news....I can't decide on the color changers either, but honestly it really does make for one hell of a light show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-has-arrived?tu=Tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.