Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Damonator
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B26BEBC5-66B4-4449-8184-A05A421B69B1 (resized).png
    5E7A469C-8644-4281-BCCA-E0D2F3C8AC77 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Anyone else have trouble with downloading code via WiFi? It’s not even worth trying. Takes like a day when other devices have no issue.

#2 1 year ago

Once in awhile I run into some issues but it works for the most part.. Don' think the Wifi USB they ship are the best. Got wire it to network with Cat5s

#3 1 year ago

Idk why this last update is so slow… previous ones didn’t take this long.

#4 1 year ago

No problem at all. Export machines do have a better wifi card with two antennas, but i guess it's a server problem.

#5 1 year ago

The USB WiFi dongles are trash. Had to buy a WiFi extender.

#6 1 year ago

You get what you pay for, these are probably the cheapest wifi dongles on the planet

#7 1 year ago

Has always worked great (so far) for me, I have 3 machines with Stern insider connect. I do have blazing fast internet connection (Google fiber, only available in a few cities) so I'm sure that helps my situation

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from PB-Guy:

Has always worked great (so far) for me, I have 3 machines with Stern insider connect. I do have blazing fast internet connection (Google fiber, only available in a few cities) so I'm sure that helps my situation

Have you done the latest Godzilla?

#9 1 year ago

Hour 13 and counting

5E7A469C-8644-4281-BCCA-E0D2F3C8AC77 (resized).jpeg5E7A469C-8644-4281-BCCA-E0D2F3C8AC77 (resized).jpeg
    #10 1 year ago

never had an issue. Starts downloading the moment I turn it on and usually completes in 45 mins or so. love it.

#11 1 year ago

Yeah mine barely works either. Last few updates I just USB it.

#12 1 year ago

So our money is going towards trash. Sounds like typical life for us nowadays. And they tell us that is why they raised prices, for trash that doesn't work. It must be nice to own a corporation and get to rip off so many people.

#13 1 year ago

Last few updates took about 3 or 4 hours, my internet is just fine so must be the cheap wifi dongles.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Last few updates took about 3 or 4 hours, my internet is just fine so must be the cheap wifi dongles.

Same here. Is there a way we can improve the dongles? Kind of like we all do with the crap speakers they put in these machines…

#15 1 year ago

Yeah I tried it several times and it's always had some crazy times (like days). I gave up and just continued using usb. The JJP ones on the same network take like 10 minutes, Part of it might be the dongles, part might be the server, part of it depends on how much congestion you have in your area on those 2.4 ghz channels.
    The JJP ones connect via the 5ghz range which in most cases will have less congestion, faster, but has a shorter range.
    (not really an issue if you have an extender or have satellites via mesh)

#16 1 year ago

I have AT&T fiber along with a WiFi6e mesh router and I also have 3-4 hour download times on the Stern dongles. I'm sure the max throughput on those 802.11g devices is 150Mbs - but even that rate would be way faster than 3 hours for a 5g file.

My iPhone download speed test right now:
    B26BEBC5-66B4-4449-8184-A05A421B69B1 (resized).pngB26BEBC5-66B4-4449-8184-A05A421B69B1 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bruh-this-stern-insider-wifi-sucks?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.