Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KenH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

Can't really think of why it may be doing this, so I'd just try a bunch of stuff, like...

1. Are your other game settings being saved?
2. If you change something else, does it work (like 16-19)?
3. Are there any weird values in the settings (something other than 00 thru 03)?
4. Reset all audit settings one-by-one using the button on the MPU (basically, classic Bally version of a factory reset).
5. Check connectors between sound board and MPU.

things you may not be able to try, but might also help isolate the problem...

Swap MPU with another
Swap sound board with another
Swap 5101 with another
Swap ROMS with others

#9 9 years ago

^^^...If its a possible bad bit on the PIA, you can try swapping the two PIA's and see if the problem moves...

EDIT: Sorry, I read that wrong -- 'PIA on the sound board'. But you could try swapping a PIA between the MPU and sound board.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Omniscience3:

Ok, if I'm swapping PIA's between the MPU and sound board does that mean swap a 6821 MPU for the 6803 on the sound board? I'm new to the hobby so some of this is still Greek to me.

I can see how that was confusing, but, no, only swap like parts -- I meant swap the 6821 FOUND on the MPU board (this would be either U10 or U11) with 6821 found on the sound board (not sure what U no. that is).

#14 9 years ago

If you're new to poking around with pinball electronics, you want to use extreme caution when swapping chips around. You should probably read up on the beginner posts on pinwiki, pinside, other sources, etc, the chips have to be oriented correctly, pins can bend under the sockets, etc, there are plenty of pitfalls if you don't know what you're doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KenH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-pyramid-sound-conundrum?tu=KenH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.