• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_LogicPowerA.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi folks. Trying to help fix an issue with an EBDLE. Issue is the solenoids all die shortly after booting. This can be as quickly as 30 seconds or last as long as most of a 5 ball game. All original boards. MPU is really clean and has a lithium coin cell mod on it. Guy has owned this game for 10 years and got it that way, so someone was thinking ahead back then. Tested the rectifier voltages and all are present before and after the issue presents itself. I was expecting the 43 volts to be gone or low when they died, but that was not the case. Next time I'm able to, I plan to take a spare MPU and SDB over there and swap in one at a time, but any ideas what to look for next? Oh, I also plan to check connectors as well.

#3 4 years ago

Excellent. Yes, even the flippers die, so I believe you pinpointed where to check next. I was planning on modding his SDB with that jumper but haven't yet. I plan to be more prepared on the next trip there. I'll run those tests. If swapping in my modded SDB fixes it, I figure replacing his caps (since it will be out of the game) and doing the mods should fix it, based on your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ebd-le-solenoids-die?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.