1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220910_151653 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Just reaching out before I rip and tear lol.

I have the rectifier board isolated with just the input voltage and below are the readings I'm getting TP 1 seems low. Someone did some work and the Bridge rectifier on the right side is on top for the board and no heat sink. I'll attach a pic of what I have. And my readings are.
    TP1 5.4
    TP2 191
    TP3 28.9
    TP5 46.5

It seems all but TP1 is ok but again this is no load. Should I redo this, and that one Bridge?
    Just starting to power up, I had a bunch of fuses over rated and just starting from the beginning,
    Thanks in advance

IMG_20220910_151653 (resized).jpgIMG_20220910_151653 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

I would wait and see what the voltage does under load.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

I would wait and see what the voltage does under load.

Thanks, I'll start that this weekend. Do you think that Bridge like that is ok? Or at least put a heat sink on it.

#4 1 year ago

This board has been worked on before. On my Centaur, the bridges are sitting on the metal. On yours, one bridge is connected to the metal, and one is in the air.

If you have a heat sink and compound, I would use it on the one sticking in the air, alternatively, reverse the bridge in the air hand use compound when you screw it to the metal.

BTW, on SI, the bridges (3 of them) are in the with heat sinks attached to them.

#5 1 year ago

TP3 is supposed to be around 12v not 30! Double check that before you hook up any other boards. I'm guessing you measured wrong or that's a typo.
    I assume the bridge was replaced with a larger one that does not fit properly which is why it's mounted on the top. Should not matter but by all means get the voltages right before you hook up other boards.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-54?hl=troyster42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.