(Topic ID: 101182)

Anyone have one of these? Could use some help.

By Zampinator

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pintucky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-575.jpg
    image-518.jpg
    image-96.jpg
    image-321.jpg
    image-590.jpg
    image-976.jpg
    image-154.jpg
    image-644.jpg
    image-563.jpg
    image-593.jpg
    image-856.jpg
    image-381.jpg
    image-793.jpg
    image-798.jpg
    image-284.jpg
    image-658.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I picked this up locally Thursday. It's a Keeney's Speed Lane Bowler. It looks to be in very good condition, but it will not turn on. The power cord had been cut in the back of the machine, I spliced a new cord in & no power. Checked fuses, one was blown(15 amp), still nothing, dead. Ideas?

image-658.jpgimage-658.jpg image-328.jpgimage-328.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-284.jpgimage-284.jpg image-793.jpgimage-793.jpg image-798.jpgimage-798.jpg image-381.jpgimage-381.jpg image-856.jpgimage-856.jpg image-593.jpgimage-593.jpg image-563.jpgimage-563.jpg
    #3 9 years ago

Don't laugh at me. I have a Snap-On voltmeter, & barely know how to check ohms & continuity.

#8 9 years ago

I got it working! I found a fuse that was blown under the end cap. Everything appears to be working except when the 7 pin is the only one left, it can't reset. When I lift the playfield it resets.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks I appreciate the kind words & the help!
    When I get home from work tomorrow I'll dig into it & keep you guys posted.
    It does seem to keep working better & better as me & the kids keep playing it!
    Love the bell for Strikes!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Wow, I can't believe the condition of that. It looks really clean. How old is it?
    Well done getting it going, this really looks like a keeper.

I was told its from 1954, I haven't confirmed that yet.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

^ This is also the secret to keeping it working. ^
    Properly Adjusted Switches - The "Over Wipe" Theory.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm

Thanks wayout! Book marked & reading now.

#22 9 years ago

Update: I had everything working really well except the coin switch to start a game. I have to lift the playfield & manual trip the start game switch, game plays perfectly except when #7 pin is left it doesn't reset to the next frame. I happen to notice in the switch bank that a couple switches (start game, 1st ball, 2nd ball) were not spaced as the others, so I adjusted them.
    Now the game will Not start a new game, apparently I adjusted something I shouldn't have. I guess they should have remained touching. Problem is I've been messing with it & I can't completely remember the switches I adjusted & I can't get it working. Ideas?

image-644.jpgimage-644.jpg
    #23 9 years ago

Been cleaning & replacing bulbs. New pics. Still trying to hunt down the proper switch spacing.

image-154.jpgimage-154.jpg image-590.jpgimage-590.jpg image-976.jpgimage-976.jpg
    #25 9 years ago

The entire bowling lane is on hinges. Lol
    The picture is the under side of the lane.

image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg
    #28 9 years ago

Here's a couple of pics. I'm going through the original wiring diagram now. Fingers crossed.

image-96.jpgimage-96.jpg image-518.jpgimage-518.jpg image-575.jpgimage-575.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-one-of-these-could-use-some-help?tu=Zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.