Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GregCon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cameroon (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 10.02.56 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

Zero risk if they are willing to wait until the check clears. Another option would be a cashiers check from their bank. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Added 19 months ago:

Answers to questions for advise and experience are not acceptable on pinside. I will not publicly add my experience and opinions to pinside any longer.

#47 1 year ago

One cannot possible give any advise or experience even when asked on pinside, somebody else always knows better, another downvotes, another comes up with a speculation outcome, so on and so on.

The same stupid saying is always tossed around. That’s is “cash on the glass”

Cash on the glass often is a massive amount, as in murder for hire happens for a lot less money than the cash on the glass.

How many people actually check every single bill to ensure it’s not counterfeit. Hold it up, look for the security ribbon, check all the proof marking, take a counterfeit marker etc. I bet none, or very few, in that case there is just as much risk for losing out.

Here’s the reality, any transaction is risky for both parties, what if one gets robbed? What if a buyer receives stolen property? What if a buyer is casing out the sellers place for a later date? What if a check is fake, what if money is fake? What if your “cash on the glass” gets lost after a serious car accident on the way to the bank? The answer to all of it is you never know, you have to be willing to accept some risk with obvious reasoning or just never sell anything.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You've got me convinced.
    I'm never selling again

Lol, it’s all doom and gloom, everyone is out to get ya!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allowing-buyer-to-buy-with-check-?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.