• Guardians of the Galaxy 10 votes
    14%
  • Avengers IQ 14 votes
    19%
  • Deadpool 50 votes
    68%

(74 votes)

#1 9 months ago

HI! I have a GZ, SW and Mando premium and looking for a 4th premium. I found AIQ a bit similar to GZ (same design ideas here and there, which are awesome, but I thin everything is a bit better in GZ. The other two I never played, but really like Deadpool's concept and also a big fan of GOTG theme.. and yes I love my Mando and SW also What do you think?

#2 9 months ago

DP is the the best IMO

#3 9 months ago

I would prefer AIQ but since you already have a GZ I say go for Deadpool, everyone loves it.

GOTG I would pass on

#4 9 months ago

Dead pool for sure. I owned AIQ and GOTG, key word owned. I got rid of AIQ after I got Godzilla.

#5 9 months ago

GOTG is an embarrassment of theme execution. Deadpool is pure fun. AIQ is great but you have to be a monster player to really enjoy. Beginners and intermediates can’t hit shots or drain too quickly.

#6 9 months ago

OF those, Deadpool.

But you should give 007 James Bond premium or pro a look see.

#7 9 months ago

Thanks for your feedback! yeah, I think Deadpool will be the winner. I was thinking JP also, but im less connectted to that theme

#8 9 months ago

Yeah, Deadpool out of these choices for sure. It does everything GOTG does but better - more interesting shots, more to do in the rules, better balance instead of just going for Groot all the time.

AIQ is hard to compare to other games. The gem powers are a whole additional layer besides the pinballing. You have to be good enough to win them consistently and savvy enough to read and understand the rules for using them. If you do, AIQ shines, but there's a reason it's got a reputation of bad taste around here.

JP is similar to Godzilla - not exactly in the playfield, but in the rules structure, moving through the dino paddocks is like Zilla's cities, along with other tracks of progress that end with a game-ending wizard mode.

#9 9 months ago

If you've ever played a 45 minumte + game of pinball I'd say go AIQ as it is super deep with tons to do. However, it doesn't have as much "spirit" as the other games. The only exciting thing on that game is the hulk spinner hurry up for whatever reason. It's not campy... the rules are hard to explain. It's an okay game for most players but a great game for people winning pinball tournaments full of pinball nerds.

GOTG... meh.

Deadpool... awesome! Deadpool has a lot to do towards the beginning of the game, and and some cool mini wizard and wizard modes when you get a little deeper. Its a "happy game". The graphics are neat with their retro style if that is your thing. I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the pro on Deadpool. The side dropdown targets on the premium are replaced with standup targets on the pro... the result is a much faster (and cheaper) game.

I had an AIQ LE on a temporary trade and owned a Deadpool Pro (I rotate games alot) for a while. I'd rather have the Deadpool Pro than the AIQ LE assuming I had to keep it.

I get excited everytime I see a GOTG in the wild, play a game, and am good for another 6 months.

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

AIQ is hard to compare to other games. The gem powers are a whole additional layer besides the pinballing. You have to be good enough to win them consistently and savvy enough to read and understand the rules for using them. If you do, AIQ shines, but there's a reason it's got a reputation of bad taste around here.

Erik: I'm still trying to figure AIQ out. It's such a binary play experience when pressing the start button. Either it's a frustratingly short game that makes me want to quit it or an exhilarating thrill ride that no other game can match. I still haven't gotten more than two gems in any single game, and don't think I have gotten Time Gem one time even though it's the one I try to get with ball one (so the most attempts and most failures). Playing AIQ has definitely helped my overall skill. Bond, for instance, has become much easier and although I haven't beaten any of your high scores on the Zilla I'm getting deep into the game on occasion.

#11 9 months ago

Objectively AIQ is the better game, but as TheLaw said, may be too similar to Gz for a small collection. Deadpool is more easily accessible and the crowd pleaser, so go with that until you get sick of it or Gz then get AIQ.

#12 9 months ago

Guardians wins here.
Enhanced music code is a big plus on this game.

AIQ - "something about it" game in a negative way.
Ruleset has never worked for me.
By all rights I should love it - it's my type of game.
Just shoots weird to me, and the ball does dumb things coming down from the top left area.

Deadpool - Great game - tough 2nd choice here.

#13 9 months ago

For me:

1. GOTG- just a great game, scoring is very well balanced and very fun to shoot.

2. DP- Great game but doesn’t have the staying power of other games. Pretty simple code

3. AIQ- Haven’t had much time on this one but shoots well.

#14 9 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Erik: I'm still trying to figure AIQ out.. I still haven't gotten more than two gems in any single game, and don't think I have gotten Time Gem one time even though it's the one I try to get with ball one (so the most attempts and most failures).

So funny. I decided to play AIQ this morning and had my best game ever: got the Time gem, Power gem and Soul gem. Several MBs, a Hawkeye Challenge with max difficulty, etc. That was a thrill ride.

#15 9 months ago

Stay away from Garbage of the Galaxy. Can’t go wrong with either of the others.

#16 9 months ago

Deadpool wasn't on my radar when it came out but once I played it, I was hooked! Great music, sound effects (including some old Firepower sounds), bad guy battles, and a some innovative shot paths. I'd stay away from AIQ unless you like deep, deep rules and having to do a lot of planning and thinking for all your shots.

#17 9 months ago

question to ask...where can you find a gotg premium? don't seem any of them

#18 9 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Erik: I'm still trying to figure AIQ out. It's such a binary play experience when pressing the start button. Either it's a frustratingly short game that makes me want to quit it or an exhilarating thrill ride that no other game can match. I still haven't gotten more than two gems in any single game, and don't think I have gotten Time Gem one time even though it's the one I try to get with ball one (so the most attempts and most failures). Playing AIQ has definitely helped my overall skill. Bond, for instance, has become much easier and although I haven't beaten any of your high scores on the Zilla I'm getting deep into the game on occasion.

I don't recommend Time Gem first. I did that too when I first started - but the ball saver time really doesn't help win other gems nearly as much as it seems. Either Mind or Power first helps you make the most progress - Mind directly, Power by putting it on Panther to keep him leveled up and also the level-1 power for longer combo timers so you can get more combos for more portal locks. In particular Mind is the key to winning Time consistently - make sure you have Mind at level 1 (put it on Widow as the easiest to level up) and use it for all three drop target hits in the Time quest.

Oh, and please clear my scores from the Zilla, it's yours not mine any more

Quoted from ejg10532626:

AIQ - "something about it" game in a negative way.

The negative something is all about when you lose a gem. AIQ is so punishing about that. In every other game, either you can easily resume/retry a mission, or failing it doesn't really mean anything and you just move on. AIQ is unique where failing a quest is a near-permanent loss, and it's compounded by the game making you feel like shit where the Avengers directly insult the player.

Quoted from aaron6920:

For me:
1. GOTG- just a great game, scoring is very well balanced and very fun to shoot.

GOTG scoring isn't balanced at all. Everything is about stacking up the multipliers from Groot, Nova Corps, and Rocket. If you don't have those, you aren't scoring jack until you do. It's balanced in the sense that anything *could* be a source of points, but not balanced in the sense that you have to go for the multipliers to get anything at all.

#19 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the pro on Deadpool. The side dropdown targets on the premium are replaced with standup targets on the pro... the result is a much faster (and cheaper) game.

I'm with ya, bought a Pro and have had a blast with it. Checked out a Premium locally to see if it'd be worth upgrading, and the Premium just felt 'slower' in that the drop targets and the diverter just slow down the ball. I'm biased as a DP owner but I'd highly recommend it out of that list.

#20 9 months ago

AIQ. It is super-deep. Just a great home-owned pin. Had mine for two years (have Mando LE and GZ too) and the AIQ I will probably never part with. For me, it has such a one-more-game feel, and there's just a lot to do. The shots and flow of the game just feel perfect to me.

For full disclosure I haven't played DP much, and I do like it, but not nearly enough to ever replace my AIQ with it. GOTG I've played a bunch and just cannot get into it, despite loving the films.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-vs-deadpool-vs-gotg-?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.