Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Isletime
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hoping for some help with troubleshooting an issue on my AIQ Premium.

Yesterday evening I installed the Insider Connected Kit to my AIQ. I'm assuming that the issue that I'm experiencing today has something to do with that install, but no luck finding it so far. For the record, the game played perfect yesterday, even after installing the Insider Connected kit.

Today I'm having issues with the Portal and the Subway VUK. Seeing a couple of symptoms here. First, the opto sensor on the Subway VUK does not appear to be working. When the ball goes into the Subway VUK it just sits there until the find ball function kicks the ball out. The second symptom is that when the portal opens, it is not consistently sensing when the ball goes down the portal. Because of this, the portal remains open. I assume these issues are related.

I've done some troubleshooting and thought I had somehow resolved the issue. I unpluged the opto sensor and checked the voltage on the cable and it was at ~4.6v (is that close enough to the prescribed 5v?). I also checked conductivity from the end of the opto sensor cable to the sensor for each wire and they were all good. When I plugged the cable back in, I noticed the light on the sensor was working now. I put everything back together, tested the sensor with the switch test and it all worked fine. Lasted for part of one game and then the opto sensor light was out again and not working.

This is the first time I've really had to troubleshoot and issue with my pins. Any help for a newbie would be much appreciated!

Bill

#2 1 year ago

Sometimes just writing things down helps get to the root of the problem. I decided to check things all the way back to the node that sensor was connected to. I must have partially dislodged the CN12 connector on node 8 when moving the playfield up and down during the Insider Connected. Unfortunately the playfield was vertical and I couldn't really see if it was fully seated or not. I removed the connector and it felt like it was pretty loose on the pins. I reseated it fully and so far so good. Hopefully that is all that is was!

Bill

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-subway-opto-issue?hl=isletime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.