(Topic ID: 315096)

Addams irratic issues

By Seamlesswall

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Seamlesswall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

WPC blew F114 which made the game inoperable. Using a lower amp circuit breaker it instantly tripped. Took board out and BR1 was indeed shorted on one leg. Replaced bridge along with 2 caps associated. Bench tested that circuit and all was good. Installed and upon start up flippers locked on (happened only once) and blew F112 secondary solenoid driver. (It was the wrong value) I put in a 5 amp circuit breaker and that held. Display was dots here and there. Did the reseating connector thing with some deoxit. Dots changed to irregular vertical lines. Turning game on and off changes these lines. Sometimes it boots fine (still no readable display) but a game can be had. Other times no go, and the attract play field lights remain off. Going into test menu (which I can't read) then backing out yields attract mode lights. Cpu D 19 (top) and D 21 (bottom) both light upon start up, D 19 shuts off then D 20 (middle) blinks. I hear one bong. On the CPU U14, U15 and U 20 has been socketed replaced with coil wire used as backside traces, fairly neatly done.
As far as the display, I had no voltage at Pin 7. The 12 volt power that feeds J606 (the dot matrix board) - is that digital 12v (TP 3) or 12 v power (tp 1)

Somehow I think these 2 issues are related.

#2 1 year ago

Turns out that F116 that fuses 12v secondary was blown. My mistake was that I was glad that BR1 replacement fixed the lamp matrix circuit, but the way it was behaving after I installed the board back was so erratic that I simply did not look at the LED indicators on the driver board. Lesson learned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Seamlesswall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-irratic-issues?tu=Seamlesswall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.