(Topic ID: 177390)

1986 Coke Machine Help!

By Pinball-DOOD

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0081 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-DOOD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have this 1986 coke machine I got for my birthday a few years back. I can't figure out what kind of syrup cartridges it requires and where I can find a new water filter... would make a terrific game room addition! It works and everything but I think it's backed up because it won't dispense after the pump has ran for a few minutes. Appreciate any help!

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

You need to contact a Coke (or Pepsi, whatever) distributor. Syrup is delivered in large boxes, and depending on the machine, will either be connected to an external vacuum pump or to the internal vacuum pump via a reinforced hose.
    Be prepared to pay for the syrup - last I was in the business (1999), the boxes were $150 a piece. Granted, that box lasted us two months in a popular pizza / FEC location, so for you, a box will likely last all year.
    You also will need a CO2 canister, which will connect to the vacuum pump as well. Depending on the size, can range between $50 to $300.
    And then, you'll need your water hookup.
    Good luck - once you get it set up, it's really nice (better than canned soda..) - especially since you can adjust the mixture in your nozzles. (i.e. Diet Coke too sweet? Turn up the CO2/Water mixture!)
    --Mike

Terrific! Thanks so much for your help!! Good news is that it already has the CO2 canister! I will keep you updated

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hi
    I have a fountain system in my place. If you need pictures or any specifics please let me know. Not sure about the aforementioned pricing but a five gallon container of coke syrup (bag in a box) can be had at Sams club for about $75. This is where I buy my coke. I also get bag in a box birch beer for even less than that
    Let me know if I can assist
    Geirge

Great! I'll let you know, thanks

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Damn, it would be pretty sweet to have a fountain soda machine in the house...

Right?! hahah

#10 7 years ago

Ok! I just put water in again, the pump senses that the water was supplied but nothing came out of the nozzles do you all think something is clogged? Not too familiar with coke machines, only pinball machines

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Do you by chance have a manual for the machine. Sounds like you have a built in carbonator. It is possible that the nozzles are clogged. They usually get. Leaned every night when in a restaurant situation, at least they should. I do know that in my carbonator there is a float switch that I have had to replace.

I'll take a photo of the carborater and post it here soon!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

When you activate it, do you hear a 'click'? There's a valve that should get power and open the line when the actuator is pressed in. If you Do hear a click, then yeah, it's likely just gummed up.

I'll try again and let you know!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-DOOD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1986-coke-machine-help?tu=Pinball-DOOD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.