IMG_7973 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Bubba (resized).png
IMG_3718 (resized).png
IMG_8476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0074 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.
#1351 42 days ago

They are finishing up the main Scooby production of preorders so LT and TCM are going to see increased production soon likely.

#1352 42 days ago

Cary playing TCM - this is a great game.

#1353 42 days ago

Anyone near Kent Ohio will be able to play my machine starting tomorrow at Madcap Brew Co.

Stop on by, have a pint, some pizza and wings, and play a few games.

#1354 42 days ago

TPF booth is insane!

IMG_3633 (resized).jpegIMG_3633 (resized).jpegIMG_3634 (resized).jpegIMG_3634 (resized).jpeg
#1355 42 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TPF booth is insane!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

#1356 42 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TPF booth is insane!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is ridiculous! Will this setup be coming to Pinbrew? I’m attending on Saturday.

#1357 42 days ago

Ok, 114 checking in. First experience at TPF, this game is a flow monster. Today makes me want mine now. Rest assured, the wait will be worth it.

#1358 41 days ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Ok, 114 checking in. First experience at TPF, this game is a flow monster. Today makes me want mine now. Rest assured, the wait will be worth it.

Dang, that's what I like to hear. Maybe I'll get to play it at Pinfest before I get mine (80). But wouldn't be mad if I get it before.

Keep the reviews from TPF coming!

#1359 41 days ago

This game is so amazing. Complete flow monster and the rules are so good. I'm really impressed with what is here so far. The door shot is my favorite right now. It's so challenging but when you buy it the sound effects are on point and shaker simulates a knock at the door. So freaking good.

You guys will be very happy with your purchase.

My only complaint is spooky please for the love of God - notch out your playfields so a bill validator can actually fit in the game.

This is so annoying. Even a smaller 300 bill box won't fit.

Just a warning to other operators that the DBV doesn't actually fit.

PXL_20240316_145511806.jpgPXL_20240316_145511806.jpgPXL_20240316_151145153.jpgPXL_20240316_151145153.jpg
#1360 41 days ago

TPF Spooky will be having a panel at 7pm in the corner area thing.

This will include Whysnow and Chris Franchi so should be quite the experience!

#1361 40 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

TPF Spooky will be having a panel at 7pm in the corner area thing.
This will include Whysnow and Chris Franchi so should be quite the experience!

That was awesome to see you guys discuss both LT and TCM processes. Looks like there is lots of passion and always good to hear that it's an evolving process and lessons are brought to the next title.

Seeing the reviews from TPF, it seems you guys hit the mark with LT and TCM.

#1362 40 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

That was awesome to see you guys discuss both LT and TCM processes. Looks like there is lots of passion and always good to hear that it's an evolving process and lessons are brought to the next title.
Seeing the reviews from TPF, it seems you guys hit the mark with LT and TCM.

Thanks! Definitely getting some good tweak feedback as the games have never been played this much.

#1363 40 days ago

I heard from people working the booths at TPF that TCM had a lot of maintenance issues. Any big reason for that? Yet a new company like barrels of fun zero issues..

#1364 40 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I heard from people working the booths at TPF that TCM had a lot of maintenance issues. Any big reason for that? Yet a new company like barrels of fun zero issues..

Almost zero maintenance issues. I was around games all weekend and main thing was a code bug where if you hit a jack pot in multi and drained in quick succession then lost state and needed to reboot. ben will likely have it fixed on Monday

#1365 40 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Just speculating here but BOF has had the past 6 months to work out kinks/bugs and this is the first show for TCM.

#1366 40 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just speculating here but BOF has had the past 6 months to work out kinks/bugs and this is the first show for TCM.

Yeah this was the first work out on TCM code. Took lots of great notes for polish. Found a few bugs to squash. Games likely hit about 900 plays each.

As for anyone saying TCM had issues but other games didn’t are telling fibs. No game is gonna stand up to the abuse of those long hard days without glass off. I saw it off on every new title there. The reality is they all use the same mechs and 900 games on a flipper is bound to have a few tweaks.

Aside from code bug I think only physical reason for glass to come off was a dropped roll pin and a broken flipper spring. On stuck ball spot which I had net seen before this weekend.

#1367 40 days ago

I would say the overall reaction from Pinsiders in the TPF thread and a couple of peoples videos and live stream made it seem like TCM was one of the breakout hits of the weekend.

Congrats to the entire Spooky crew, sounds like yall have another hit on your hands.

I just wish I could convince the wife it isn't too graphic of a theme.

#1368 40 days ago

What does the second flipper button do?

#1369 40 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

What does the second flipper button do?

Currently a handful of things.

Character select at left scoop when hit.
Mode select (before starting) if you have multiple modes qualified at the door

And most importantly
A double tap will engage the timer to start for risking any bonus X shot multiplier you have built up. The short hand version is that combos come very natural in this game and as you hit combos you fill the combo meter (actual lights on backboard and also some display animations at times). As you build the combo meter you get to the 2x,3x,4x, and 5x value (a full meter).

You always have the choice to either just “cash in” at the lock down bar button OR risk and opt to double tap the extra right hand button. Once tapped your next shot is multiplied by the combo meter value. In an ideal game you are doing this just before you hit a super jackpot. so you could take a 1mil super to being worth 5mil but you also could hit a 10 point stand up that becomes worth 50 points (lol). Basically a fun way to
Interact with the game and put some high level strategic play at your finger tips.

#1370 40 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Almost zero maintenance issues. I was around games all weekend and main thing was a code bug where if you hit a jack pot in multi and drained in quick succession then lost state and needed to reboot. ben will likely have it fixed on Monday

That did happen twice to us this morning.

I really liked Chainsaw and Looney Tunes. Lots of ramp rejects which may have been because of flippers used all day.

I am on the fence about getting one but definitely interested. Have a Halloween and love it and the support from Spooky when needed.

#1371 40 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Currently a handful of things.
Character select at left scoop when hit.
Mode select (before starting) if you have multiple modes qualified at the door
And most importantly
A double tap will engage the timer to start for risking any bonus X shot multiplier you have built up. The short hand version is that combos come very natural in this game and as you hit combos you fill the combo meter (actual lights on backboard and also some display animations at times). As you build the combo meter you get to the 2x,3x,4x, and 5x value (a full meter).
You always have the choice to either just “cash in” at the lock down bar button OR risk and opt to double tap the extra right hand button. Once tapped your next shot is multiplied by the combo meter value. In an ideal game you are doing this just before you hit a super jackpot. so you could take a 1mil super to being worth 5mil but you also could hit a 10 point stand up that becomes worth 50 points (lol). Basically a fun way to
Interact with the game and put some high level strategic play at your finger tips.

This is pretty cool.

While I've got you I received a text earlier that the hook lock diverter keeps rejecting the ball. Is there still work on the timing in the code for this or is there something mechanical I need to adjust? I only had it happen once when I was play testing the machine in my shop before putting it out and I thought it was just a fluke but received a comment from a customer.

I know you said earlier in the thread you were working on some gameplay tweaks on your machine. Any others I should look at when I'm up there?

Appreciate the help.

#1372 40 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is pretty cool.
While I've got you I received a text earlier that the hook lock diverter keeps rejecting the ball. Is there still work on the timing in the code for this or is there something mechanical I need to adjust? I only had it happen once when I was play testing the machine in my shop before putting it out and I thought it was just a fluke but received a comment from a customer.
I know you said earlier in the thread you were working on some gameplay tweaks on your machine. Any others I should look at when I'm up there?
Appreciate the help.

By rejecting, do you mean the diverter that pops up to allow the ball to go from the orbit to the VUK isn't working?

#1373 40 days ago

I have had zero issues with the hook lock diverter or timing. May get an occasional (and I mean super rare) off timing where the ball is too fast and makes it around the bend of the ball guide before a lift happens.

I’d look at the mech on your specific game. Make sure no friction or a wire below that got in the way. That is a through playfield mech so a small bind could impact. Similar to how some drop mechs on other games are. A bend one way or the other from below can likely free any minor issues on those through pf mechs.

I’m guessing a very simple tweak.

Of course check your switches to make sure that orbit switch is set properly to trigger. Check opto/stick below to make sure reading also.

I’d guess very simple one on you game.

#1374 40 days ago

My 87 year old father liked Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thought it had great flow , call outs, and he said he liked playing Grandpa. Go figure. This game is Spooky's best game and it's early in code. I love Scooby and how far that code has come. That game has shaped up to be a monster of a game. It's going to be amazing on what they do to TCM. Spooky is on a roll!

20240317_134144 (resized).jpg20240317_134144 (resized).jpg

#1375 40 days ago
Quoted from GAP:

My 87 yrar old father liked Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thought it had great flow , call outs, and he said he liked playing Grandpa. Go figure. This game is Spooky's best game and it's early in code. I love Scooby and how far that code has come. That game has shaped up to be a monster of a game. It's going to be amazing on what they do to TCM. Spooky is on a roll!
[quoted image]

That was really cool to read man. More of this type of stuff in pinball is needed!

#1376 40 days ago

I think the game looks super cool.

But, having a distributor of yours post a glowing review of the game is a flagrant conflict of interest. Please don’t encourage this Spooky.

#1377 39 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

By rejecting, do you mean the diverter that pops up to allow the ball to go from the orbit to the VUK isn't working?

It works but it's not going up fast enough the one time it happened to me. That's also what was reported to me.

I'm wondering if it's just slightly binding and slowing it down if others aren't seeing the same thing.

#1378 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

It works but it's not going up fast enough the one time it happened to me. That's also what was reported to me.
I'm wondering if it's just slightly binding and slowing it down if others aren't seeing the same thing.

That sounds to me like the slightest friction and adjustment. I suggest just having game off and activate by hand. I’d leave playfield in normal position first to see how it is IRL gravity and geometry. Guessing the smallest rub spot and small tweak will make it smooth for you.

#1379 39 days ago
Quoted from bane:

I think the game looks super cool.
But, having a distributor of yours post a glowing review of the game is a flagrant conflict of interest. Please don’t encourage this Spooky.

Get this garbage post out of here. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the GAP post. Are you posting in the Elton John, Pulp Fiction and Labyrinth threads about the videos Zach from Flippin Out Pinball is doing on his gameplay videos? It's a 1000x worse than what GAP did. All they did was post a funny story about an 87 year man playing TCM.

TCM is a polarizing theme on a $9700 toy. No one who wasn't going to buy one will now because of the GAP post. It wasn't like they hired Guy Fieri and showed him playing the BBQ pinball machine.

#1380 39 days ago

I see TPF has got this thread a little... vitriolic.

Shout outs to everyone that got to go and experience this game in person, love seeing the spooky team in this thread actively answering questions and already helping people with their games with technical support.

If you're a tourist from TPF in this thread welcome! Please be kind and remember that this is the TCM Hype thread.

#1381 39 days ago

Was there anyone on the fence about ordering TCM that played it at TPF and then decided to order (or not)?
If so, what did you see/experience that aided in your decision?

#1382 39 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Great to hear.

#1383 39 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was there anyone on the fence about ordering TCM that played it at TPF and then decided to order (or not)?
If so, what did you see/experience that aided in your decision?

I know 2 TCM that were not sold in advance sold at the show (maybe 3 as I saw Nitro pick one up that then was labeled as sold in their booth also).

Unsure if those buyers had decided ahead of time or post playing it.

#1384 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone near Kent Ohio will be able to play my machine starting tomorrow at Madcap Brew Co.
Stop on by, have a pint, some pizza and wings, and play a few games.

Your TCM needs some attention. Not really playable as it is.
Right flipper button was sticking constantly, and the upper right flipper apparently slipped on its shaft and was sticking out blocking the right side shot.
I also had the ball getting stuck on the left ramp next to the spinning leatherface, where the metal ramp and wire form met.
Looks like it will be an awesome game with tons of cool shots.

#1385 39 days ago

Calling Deez

Sounds like time for a little TLC on TCM

Re sticky flipper button. I hate clear flipper button in general. They are always a bit more friction.
https://a.co/d/dyUZem4
This dry lube is perfect IME for plastic on plastic friction. One drop will fix it for good. Also seems to help repel a beer spill.

#1386 39 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Calling Deez
Sounds like time for a little TLC on TCM
Re sticky flipper button. I hate clear flipper button in general. They are always a bit more friction.
https://a.co/d/dyUZem4
This dry lube is perfect IME for plastic on plastic friction. One drop will fix it for good. Also seems to help repel a beer spill.

Typical wear in period for a new game.

Good tip on the dry lube.

Looks like I"m going on a road trip this evening .

#1387 39 days ago

If it's dialed in come Saturday, my group will definitely be dropping some coins in. Can't wait to finally see the greatest Spooky theme to date in person.

#1388 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Typical wear in period for a new game.
Good tip on the dry lube.
Looks like I"m going on a road trip this evening .

Games been at the brewery for 1 day… if I can get in I’ll stop over after work and fix it for you so you don’t need to drive out. Might need to call the pizza shop and tell them to let me in.

#1389 39 days ago

So, I plan to talk about this in an upcoming video but my voice is 'shot' right now due to all the yelling this weekend.

Look, I was not interested in TCM. I looked at LT being the game for me, and even my kids. This weekend changed my mind. I was only 4 or 5 flips into TCM and told the Spooky crew "this is your best shooter yet".

I found myself coming back for more. People during the show were asking me what game caught my interest this weekend, and my answer was always...TCM. Then I brought my daughters to it on Sunday. They loved it - especially the meat grinder. I brought my daughter over to play Jaws - she complained that she didn't want to play Jaws and wanted to play "chainsaw". So, we played it more.

In a nutshell. This game surprised me. Don't let the horror theme keep you from thinking it could be a game for you...like I did. I really like the obtuse layout, and if I can't get the location near me to get it then I might have to get it.

#1390 39 days ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

So, I plan to talk about this in an upcoming video but my voice is 'shot' right now due to all the yelling this weekend.
Look, I was not interested in TCM. I looked at LT being the game for me, and even my kids. This weekend changed my mind. I was only 4 or 5 flips into TCM and told the Spooky crew "this is your best shooter yet".
I found myself coming back for more. People during the show were asking me what game caught my interest this weekend, and my answer was always...TCM. Then I brought my daughters to it on Sunday. They loved it - especially the meat grinder. I brought my daughter over to play Jaws - she complained that she didn't want to play Jaws and wanted to play "chainsaw". So, we played it more.
In a nutshell. This game surprised me. Don't let the horror theme keep you from thinking it could be a game for you...like I did. I really like the obtuse layout, and if I can't get the location near me to get it then I might have to get it.

Do you still think you would sell your Deadpool for TCM? You said something like that in your live Q&A Saturday night.

Sadly for me, the wife has said no to TCM. She doesn't want to hear the sounds of the machine while I am playing. I told her then it is going to cost her an extra game this year for me to agree.

#1391 39 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These are facts from the show:

Their measurements were off. The ball is constantly jamming and the fix is BUG reefing on the guide rails to make room for the ball. I'm positive they'll fix that at some point. But all at the show had the same problem. All of them. No code issues.

I just hope they correct this immediately for the next games. I’m sure Spooky will.

#1392 39 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

These are facts from the show:
Their measurements were off. The ball is constantly jamming and the fix is BUG reefing on the guide rails to make room for the ball. I'm positive they'll fix that at some point. But all at the show had the same problem. All of them. No code issues.
I just hope they correct this immediately for the next games. I’m sure Spooky will.

Which guide rails are you referring to?

#1393 39 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which guide rails are you referring to?

There was one small guide that when pushed over slightly during gameplay and pinch ball. It's already fixed as I made a version scaled down a few mm a couple weeks ago. Some show games still had the old one.

I honestly think many people are frantically looking to find something to critique right now on the games as we have had such great feedback and so many positive reviews.

#1394 39 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There was one small guide that when pushed over slightly during gameplay and pinch ball. It's already fixed as I made a version scaled down a few mm a couple weeks ago. Some show games still had the old one.
I honestly think many people are frantically looking to find something to critique right now on the games as we have had such great feedback and so many positive reviews.

You guys are responsive and proactive in finding fixes/solution. Keep doing it, we can all see it.

Pins at a show getting 400 to 500 plays per day and on for 12+hours with constant play. There will for sure be some issues whether it is flipper fade, ball stuck, code.... It is what it is.

#1395 39 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Nature of humanity......I'm excited to see Spooky excelling and growing. Even more excited to get my "chainsaw". Keep up the awesome job team Spooky!

#1396 39 days ago

Great to hear Spooky Luke, I’m so thankful to be getting a TCM. Don from Don’s pinball podcast helped make quick video of the game. Looks stunning.

#1397 39 days ago

I loved how RED it was in person.

It's growing on me the more I think about how much fun I had on it at Texas Pinball Festival. Would look so cool next to Halloween

I definitely played it more than any other game at TPF.

#1398 39 days ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

I loved how RED it was in person.
It's growing on me the more I think about how much fun I had on it at Texas Pinball Festival. Would look so cool next to Halloween
I definitely played it more than any other game at TPF.

I thought it was pretty cool to watch people throughout the day.

Everyone would come in and play LT first (I would also as the theme is so much more approachable and the art POPs; love that orange). Then I would see them step over to play TCM. Then I would see them come back later and play TCM a few more times.

Both games were played pretty much non stop all hours of the show but lines grew for TCM during a day as people wanted to play it again.

That was a pretty cool feeling and I loved talking code to anyone that would listen. There were two guys in particular that I saw play more than anyone. Like 5 times every day. What a cool feeling and seeing them start to “get it” and coming back for more was truly awesome.

Also loved the feedback from players. Getting to hear what was confusing or unclear really helped me see what we need to do to add cues or light shows to.

#1399 39 days ago

I knew this was the pinball I needed. And I reserved mine and I’m at #52. This is my first pinball machine and I check this thread a few times a day and love hearing all the positive talk. Just a question and thank you in advance to the people who answer this. When this arrives what will I need to do to get this ready to play? I see a lot of tilt needs to be adjusted or it was a slow ball the game needs to be looked at. When the box arrives what will I need to do?

#1400 39 days ago
Quoted from StonecutterJeff:

I knew this was the pinball I needed. And I reserved mine and I’m at #52. This is my first pinball machine and I check this thread a few times a day and love hearing all the positive talk. Just a question and thank you in advance to the people who answer this. When this arrives what will I need to do to get this ready to play? I see a lot of tilt needs to be adjusted or it was a slow ball the game needs to be looked at. When the box arrives what will I need to do?

Congrats and welcome! Hop on over to YouTube and watch a few videos on how to setup a pinball machine to gather knowledge.
Here's one for example-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Broadview Hts, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Nashville, TN
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-hype-/page/28?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.