IMG_7973 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Bubba (resized).png
IMG_3718 (resized).png
IMG_8476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0074 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.
#1301 55 days ago

It seems TCM is going to be the winner for many folks.

I do find it fascinating how differently the games play even though it’s the same shots.

Also interesting how the coding for each is done and developing. Oh to be a spectator at Spooky watching these teams work.

#1302 55 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I do find it fascinating how differently the games play even though it’s the same shots.
Also interesting how the coding for each is done and developing. Oh to be a spectator at Spooky watching these teams work.

I think people who love TCM can appreciate LT, but not sure the other way around! Lol.

TCM is full horror and playing as the villains is darker. This is fairly different and can be polarizing.

LT is family friendly.

2 different theme, the fact that they share a layout is the only thing that can be compared. But honestly I see those as 2 different pins, like 2 different conerstones.

At this time, seems the rule set on TCM might be a bit more advance (just from stream watching) but I am sure LT will have lots of code. Those 2 are at the very beginning of their deployments, so if everything is good and code is the thing that is to evolved, then that will be 2 winners for sure.

As for the meat hook multiball, not sure what is the concern? Is it a fear of it breaking? That could be one aspect, but in terms of theme integration, I think this is genius.

#1303 54 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

TCM is full horror and playing as the villains is darker. This is fairly different and can be polarizing.
LT is family friendly.
2 different theme, the fact that they share a layout is the only thing that can be compared. But honestly I see those as 2 different pins, like 2 different conerstones.

Yeah. I don’t get the fascination with comparing TCM and LT. Don’t think anyone would be doing so if the playfield layout wasn’t the same. There will be a tiny handful that get (and keep) both games. For most a comparasion is completely irrelevant and no different between deciding between TCM and Jaws or any other new pin.

#1304 54 days ago

If I may be blunt most of the people in the other manufacturers hype threads are pretty much there to bash it and talk shit. Spooky hype threads tend to be people who will actually buy the game and are genuinely interested in its developments. Very excited to see them starting to ship. TCM will be my 3rd Spooky title and definitely not my last. I was going to push my order off abit as I like later runs but as soon as #152 is ready it’s on!! Take my money Spooky!!!

#1305 54 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

If I may be blunt most of the people in the other manufacturers hype threads are pretty much there to bash it and talk shit. Spooky hype threads tend to be people who will actually buy the game and are genuinely interested in its developments.

I noticed this when reading through the entire Scooby Doo owner’s thread after I ordered a LT. (I follow TCM because while the theme isn’t my cup of tea I’m interested to see what Hilton and Ben do with the gameplay). There were a few deviations but the thread was missing the well know trashers, bashers and trolls. Very refreshing.

I think this is true because it’s easy to see that Spooky is passionate about their games and genuinely care about their customers AND are a small enough company to make that evident. That results in more talk about what they are doing right whereas other manufacturers get criticized more often in part because they rarely participate (for unfortunately understandable reasons) or people are upset that all they care about is cutting corners to improve the bottom line.

#1306 54 days ago

I grew up with LT and TCM has been a classic horror flick for decades.

Yes you can support both. I do. It’s not one or the other. Because I’m buying this one the other one sucks.

I’m getting a TCM because I just bought Scooby.

I appreciate the choices Spooky! At some point maybe I’ll trade my TCM for an LT

It is great to see the passion and to support a company like Spooky.

They have come a long ways, give customers MORE for LESS.

#1307 54 days ago

Agree with that 100%. Never meant to say 1 I'd good and the other not, just that TCM owners only might be more receptive to LT vs LT only owners, they might not want TCM due to the darker theme.

I'm all in on a TCM and can't wait to have it. Seeing LT, I was like damn that is also very nice. Wouldn't mind having both due to them being totally different theme and code wise.

I mean lots of people have a few fan layout machines in their collections, so the argument that they are the same layout is irrelevant for me. Code, theme/art is big.

#1308 54 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I noticed this when reading through the entire Scooby Doo owner’s thread after I ordered a LT. (I follow TCM because while the theme isn’t my cup of tea I’m interested to see what Hilton and Ben do with the gameplay). There were a few deviations but the thread was missing the well know trashers, bashers and trolls. Very refreshing.

I think this is true because it’s easy to see that Spooky is passionate about their games and genuinely care about their customers AND are a small enough company to make that evident. That results in more talk about what they are doing right whereas other manufacturers get criticized more often in part because they rarely participate (for unfortunately understandable reasons) or people are upset that all they care about is cutting corners to improve the bottom line.

I can tell you that we have been working hard to squash bugs and put on some polish before Texas pinball festival. That is when things are truly live so to speak.

We are really close to what I think is stable release code and from what I can see people are really digging it so far. I have been out playing a bunch and taking notes on how people approach the game or miss things I thought would be obvious (so we work to help give better cues and make the game better with each update. ). To me… it is really getting fun now. I’m pretty damn excited for adding more polish and fine tuning things over time.

#1309 51 days ago

Yeah Luke Peters has been finding some weird edge cases which is good. I've added some new debug flags to polish stuff ahead of Texas. Definitely learning things to do better on next one I code. (depth VS polish)

Will be nice for people to play it in person. I worked to make this game very visceral and a lot of it doesn't show up on video, like how the shaker motor simulates a chainsaw when certain events start up.

#1310 51 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah Luke Peters has been finding some weird edge cases which is good. I've added some new debug flags to polish stuff ahead of Texas. Definitely learning things to do better on next one I code. (depth VS polish)
Will be nice for people to play it in person. I worked to make this game very visceral and a lot of it doesn't show up on video, like how the shaker motor simulates a chainsaw when certain events start up.

TPF will also be a good test and if you have some flags, that will be good for troubleshooting after that.

Can't wait getting mine, seeing everybody so invested into it and seeing the designer, coder and team commenting is definitely showing you guys care.

#1311 51 days ago

Looking forward to #43 hoping April

#1312 51 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Very great job, i really like the sound with the countdown
i think it can be the best spooky game at this time if the game code is impressive

#1313 51 days ago

I live in a weird area and will unfortunately have to disable the shaker. Would I do that in the menu or straight up disconnecting the motor?
Shit, the knock too.

#1314 51 days ago

yes there is an option in the menu to disable knocker or shaker for all Spooky

#1315 50 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Both games are great. They do feel very different, despite being build on the same layout. Can't wait for everyone to have a chance to play both of these amazing titles. PS: I would be absolutely devastated if TCM were not the "winner" for many folks.

#1316 50 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: I would be absolutely devastated if TCM were not the "winner" for many folks.

Because?

#1317 50 days ago

I have both right now and love it! So fun to go back and forth between them.

Was playing more TCM tonight. Game is just great. If you like horror or like Halloween events you’ll love this pin. It feels like I’m at a haunted cornfield event with chainsaws blaring haha. Well done guys!

#1318 50 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

live in a weird area and will unfortunately have to disable the shaker.

Please expound, "Enquiring Minds Want to Know.”

#1319 50 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Please expound, "Enquiring Minds Want to Know.”

3 floor condo building. 14 units. I’m conveniently on the 2nd floor. Upstairs, downstairs, and right hand bordering units )

#1320 50 days ago
Quoted from PinDon:

I have both right now and love it! So fun to go back and forth between them.
Was playing more TCM tonight. Game is just great. If you like horror or like Halloween events you’ll love this pin. It feels like I’m at a haunted cornfield event with chainsaws blaring haha. Well done guys!

Just got done watching your gameplay stream before I hop into bed. Flow is off the charts and I can’t wait to get mine.

Now to figure out my soundproofing setup.

#1321 50 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Just got done watching your gameplay stream before I hop into bed. Flow is off the charts and I can’t wait to get mine.
Now to figure out my soundproofing setup.

Subwoofer isolation feet might do the job for you

#1322 50 days ago

Those just isolate vibrations - they do nothing for soundproofing.

#1323 49 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Those just isolate vibrations - they do nothing for soundproofing.

Anything to isolate the force of the coils hitting the floor is welcomed.

#1324 49 days ago

Actually... I don't have shaker disable in the menu! I'll add it!

Going down to Spooky tomorrow to do more playtesting before Texas. Looking forward to some BBQ! Do people still do the cigar night on Friday?

#1325 49 days ago

I have one on the occasional Friday.

#1326 49 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Actually... I don't have shaker disable in the menu! I'll add it!
Going down to Spooky tomorrow to do more playtesting before Texas. Looking forward to some BBQ! Do people still do the cigar night on Friday?

This is my first year, so I don’t know about a cigar night…BUT I’m totally in. And if there isn’t one planned, we can start one!

#1327 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Anything to isolate the force of the coils hitting the floor is welcomed.

They will not soundproof a room no but they decouple the game from the floor and stop the transfer of sound/vibration to the floor below and is worth doing. Overall sound will need help of course

#1328 49 days ago

I’m getting my invoice to pay in a few days. TCM time! Even got a working chainsaw mod for the game. Where to put it?
IMG_7765 (resized).jpegIMG_7765 (resized).jpeg

#1329 49 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I’m getting my invoice to pay in a few days. TCM time! Even got a working chainsaw mod for the game. Where to put it?
[quoted image]

Congratulations! Which number were you?

#1330 49 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

TCM is just starting to ship so likely not more than 10 have gone out the door. If getting a game sooner is a priority you can contact Spooky about buying one that they bring to a show, if you can pick up at the end of a show near you. The other option is going through the distributor list on their site and contacting to see what the lowest available number each have allocated.
Halloween seems to have done better on resale value than Ultraman due to theme. However, if breaking even on selling after a few months is important probably best to not pay more that what recently sold games have gone for on Marketplace.

There is a shipper at the Texas show and they are reasonable around 500 to detroit so that is an option.

#1332 48 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

[quoted image]

Where did that mod come from?!

#1333 48 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Congratulations! Which number were you?

#43, you sir?

#1334 48 days ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Where did that mod come from?!

Etsy

#1335 47 days ago

Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the latest Spooky. Not really on the fence for any reason, just hadn’t been doing much with pinball lately. But i got some time back now that the kid’s hockey season ended, so thus weekend i finally got them lined up together again. I had to switch the rows around since my spooky wall was out of space and scoob was with the sterns (gasp!). 13 games moved, squared, pitched and leveled (panoramic shot makes them look curved but they are dead nuts aligned lol).

I’m leaning TCM for the “spooky” genre. I grew up with LT on the tv all the time so there is a ton of nostalgia, but a think TCM fits in better.

IMG_0273 (resized).jpegIMG_0273 (resized).jpeg
#1336 47 days ago
Quoted from Completist:

13 games moved, squared, pitched and leveled

Congrats. People with smaller collections don’t realize just how much work and dedication that entails.

#1337 46 days ago

I haven't ordered one but a friend did and he's in the 80s. Gonna be a little while longer I guess.

#1338 46 days ago

Seems its gonna be a Long wait to get mine in Germany

#1339 46 days ago
Quoted from Naider:

Seems its gonna be a Long wait to get mine in Germany

Per Spooky FB page

According to a post by Luke several have been sent to Europe. No idea how many or exactly where.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 094102 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 094102 (resized).png
#1340 46 days ago

Code Update v0.89 - New code for TCM is available on our website. This code features a number of bug fixes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1341 46 days ago

Every day I tap the checkout taped to my work desk.

It's like that episode of the Simpsons : "Do It For Her"

#1342 46 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Per Spooky FB page
According to a post by Luke several have been sent to Europe. No idea how many or exactly where.
[quoted image]

I think this are just for demonstrating.
I got told, regular Shipping should be around june

#1343 45 days ago

With more people getting their games, I wanted to take a moment to create a post explaining the settings for the magnet fling. This super cool effect, where the ball is flung back into the door is highly dependent on the slope of your individual game. Because of this there are a number of menu settings that can be changed to optimize this setting. While there are multiple settings, the only one you should ever really need to adjust is "Door Sling Adjust" in the Gameplay Settings. This controls the amount of time the ball will fall off the magnet before it pulses again for the toss. Probably obvious, but the lower the slope the more time is needed for the ball to fall. Get your game setup to the slope you like it and using that one setting you should be able to dial in the magnet toss.

#1344 43 days ago

Look what showed up today.

Only issue was Leatherface was loose inside the game and had to reattach him. Might need some loctite on the screw.

Can't wait to get off work and put some games on it.

PXL_20240314_190705063.jpgPXL_20240314_190705063.jpg
#1345 43 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Look what showed up today.
Only issue was Leatherface was loose inside the game and had to reattach him. Might need some loctite on the screw.
Can't wait to get off work and put some games on it.
[quoted image]

I see CE#14. Man, it seems TCM is going out slower vs LT. Hopefully things pick up after TPF!

#1346 43 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

I see CE#14. Man, it seems TCM is going out slower vs LT. Hopefully things pick up after TPF!

Yep!! They are definitely not making games at the rate they thought they were going to be. The day I ordered mine direct from spooky I was told I should expect it in March or April. But I'll be lucky to get my #151 before xmas

#1347 43 days ago

Damn I’m 52 I was hoping by my birthday in April. Crossing fingers.

#1348 43 days ago

Give them time. They get early feedback, make adjustments to the line then ramp up production. They will be cranking them out soon enough.

#1349 43 days ago

I’m #43 they said April or May. I did pay my invoice on the weekend though.

#1350 42 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yep!! They are definitely not making games at the rate they thought they were going to be. The day I ordered mine direct from spooky I was told I should expect it in March or April. But I'll be lucky to get my #151 before xmas

Let's hope so....#169

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Broadview Hts, OH
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Nashville, TN
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-hype-/page/27?hl=pinheadedm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.