IMG_7973 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Bubba (resized).png
IMG_3718 (resized).png
IMG_8476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0074 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.
#651 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I've owned AMH, RZ, Rick & Morty, HW, TNA, ACNC and have LT on order. No build quality issues with any of them.

Trust me, you don't want to get me started.

#652 4 months ago

Don claims he bought both games.

#653 4 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Don claims he bought both games.

Don needs a help line.

#654 4 months ago

Read the EHOH club thread. In the past 2 days 3 people have unboxed their $13 k game and watched screws, washers, and spacers slide down the play field as they were playing. ALL pins have issues.

#655 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Don needs a help line.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/donspinballpodcast/episodes/Bonus-episode--Don-and-Cengiz-talk-Spooky-e2d48eh

Not sure how your wife lets you do it. He says around 4-7 min mark.

He also mentions some things about their powder coating method. It's got an extra coating on it. Someone mentioned it could just chip off and be bad, but honestly Elf homebrew was powder coated and got beat up at several expos without issues that I know of.

#656 4 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

-Not a fan of the Art blades. Unsure about the design and colors. There already a LOT of red in this game so might have been cool to go for another color.

Probably pretty obvious, but the art blades were designed to mimic the wall in the iconic door slam scene. They are included with all Collector Edition games.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#657 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is shaping up to be almost as gory as the Bible pin would've been.

I need to make that one of these decades. Now that Robert's stupid "Fire and Brimstone" crap is out of the picture

#658 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I need to make that one of these decades. Now that Robert's stupid "Fire and Brimstone" crap is out of the picture

After the "all shots torment" mode in TCM, I'm sure the Bible "Jezabel" mode will be monumental!!

#659 4 months ago

I wouldn’t worry about the powder coated ramps. I’ve had mine done on IMDN for 2 years now and all is fine. I did throw a piece of carbon on the center ramp though just in case.

IMG_4049 (resized).pngIMG_4049 (resized).png
#660 4 months ago

Red is just a very integral color for the movie and I think enveloping the playfield, blades, and habitrails with it is a good choice artistically.
I mean shit, alongside the killdoor's decorum, the entire basement or Bubba's lair is populated by red lights. -I wasn't joking a week ago in the spooky thread when I proposed a red light playfield wash for a fictitious "basement mode". It's that prevalent.

#661 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Read the EHOH club thread. In the past 2 days 3 people have unboxed their $13 k game and watched screws, washers, and spacers slide down the play field as they were playing. ALL pins have issues.

My NIB Elvira I got in April has been the machine I've had to open up and fix the most on of all my games.

#662 4 months ago

I'm in on a CE. Super excited! This game looks amazing!

#663 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Probably pretty obvious, but the art blades were designed to mimic the wall in the iconic door slam scene. They are included with all Collector Edition games.
[quoted image]

Zacally!

#664 4 months ago

Can't even see that maiden playfield there are so many toys!

#665 4 months ago

The game video looks great. Fantastic choice to play as the deranged family. When does this start shipping? Maybe the pulp fiction money goes to Texas.

#666 4 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

The game video looks great. Fantastic choice to play as the deranged family. When does this start shipping? Maybe the pulp fiction money goes to Texas.

They hope to start shipping in Feb

#667 4 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I was just told today to expect my game in April

#668 4 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I was just told today to expect my game in April

By Spooky direct or distro?

#669 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I've owned AMH, RZ, Rick & Morty, HW, TNA, ACNC and have LT on order. No build quality issues with any of them.

I still own all those, plus Scoob - the one manufacturer i could collect all of after i decided all 30 Sys 11’s were not in the cards. I can’t think of any build quality issues i have had, but admittedly my games get much less playtime than they deserve. I’m sure the accounts of others who have had issues are legit but i don’t know if that constitutes a systemic build quality issue. But i do have confidence that Spooky’s customer service will make it right, something i wouldn’t say for all manufacturers. Other’s mileage may vary, but my Spooky collection has been solid and i’ve unboxed all myself with the exception of AMH. I’m also not the first in line with any of them, typically mid run…

#670 4 months ago

Nicely done on the gameplay video release timing, looks like it definitely drove some more orders. As it should, so much going on in this game. The Dinner mode was unnerving. Those close up eye ball shots The layout kind of reminds me of The Shadow, but obviously it has way, way more shots added to it. Can't wait to see more.

#671 4 months ago

Morgan said they are starting production after Xmass and hoping to have 50 done in January.

#672 4 months ago

Fingers crossed for all of you to bag one of those lucky 50!

#673 4 months ago

They building both games simultaneously? Or just going back and forth? They plan on having 50 of each title made by ends is January or 25 of each?

#674 4 months ago

Not sure but 50 TCM and 50 LT would make sense.

#675 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

After the "all shots torment" mode in TCM, I'm sure the Bible "Jezabel" mode will be monumental!!

Gas Station Night Chase has "Eternal Multiball for 30 Seconds"

It's a pretty dark theme had to inject some cheekiness where I could.

#676 4 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

By Spooky direct or distro?

Direct

#677 4 months ago

It’s too bad spooky never had games ready to ship on launch. Ordered a CE. I’m expecting spring, jaws le could fill the void. Stern charges a lot but they get games out fast.

#678 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just finished watching the gameplay video and am just thoroughly impressed, what a fast and flowy beast it looks. Couldn't be happier for you guys - everyone super hyped in the UK as well!

Anything in mind for TCM, Davey? Your phantom lights for Scooby are amazing! Glad we got in on those for the first run!

#679 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Those close up eye ball shots

I told Ben I had a sort of eyeball phobia once, so he made sure to put plenty of those shots in the game...

#680 4 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

I told Ben I had a sort of eyeball phobia once, so he made sure to put plenty of those shots in the game...

hahahaha

#681 4 months ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Anything in mind for TCM, Davey? Your phantom lights for Scooby are amazing! Glad we got in on those for the first run!

Ah thanks very much! Glad you like em.

In all honesty I think Backalley absolutely smashed it on this release (that meat grinder!) so at this point, I'm not sure, will wait and see.

Also, I think this one might fall squarely into @medisinyl's domain of creepy creativity?

#682 4 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

He's just going for revenge after how bad you smoked him on Addams that one stream.
He's gotta ice you out so he can get a leg up .

#683 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

Yeah I got that, I just thougt there was already a lot of red in there. But yeah, It's probably just a "me" issue. Still look pretty interesting, but this one I'll need to play it before taking a decision.

#684 4 months ago

If any of the Spooky crew visit this thread - I have a few first time buyer questions.

> How will the remaining balance payment take place?
> Delivery logistics- I'm in an apartment building, will the delivery crew be able to run this up a set of stairs or is that on me to figure out?
> I may have missed it, but shipping insurance policy?

#685 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

If any of the Spooky crew visit this thread - I have a few first time buyer questions.
> Delivery logistics- I'm in an apartment building, will the delivery crew be able to run this up a set of stairs or is that on me to figure out?

Email Morgan at [email protected]
She’ll have all the answers for you.

#686 4 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Email Morgan at [email protected]
She’ll have all the answers for you.

The idea crossed my mind, figured I'd ask here as it may be valuable for other first time buyers (or first time directly from Spooky buyers).

#687 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

The idea crossed my mind, figured I'd ask here as it may be valuable for other first time buyers (or first time directly from Spooky buyers).

My experience in the past…

I received a message that my game was ready to be built and final payment was due.

From there it was about 3 weeks until I had a tracking number and it was shipped freight (I think FedEx).

I had to arrange with the shipping company what time and where, they showed up 4 hours early. They left the game outside of my house on the pallet and it was up to me to get it in after accepting delivery.

#688 4 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

My experience in the past…
I received a message that my game was ready to be built and final payment was due.
From there it was about 3 weeks until I had a tracking number and it was shipped freight (I think FedEx).
I had to arrange with the shipping company what time and where, they showed up 4 hours early. They left the game outside of my house on the pallet and it was up to me to get it in after accepting delivery.

Good info, thanks man.
My one angle I may try with the delivery company is that technically my unit is the front door, so it should be left there like other packages. Although, last thing I want to do is piss off the delivery drivers LOL.

EDIT: The angle is not me butting heads with fedex, it's that I hope they don't give it a second thought.

#689 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Make sure you are there to receive it. If there is any damage and you accept it, it’s yours.

#690 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Make sure you are there to receive it. If there is any damage and you accept it, it’s yours.

I got PTO for days, office is pretty lax, I think as long as I'm answering emails I could work from anywhere.
No way in hell I leave a 10k box outside all day no matter how nice the area is.
I doubt they'd even leave it without sig, just reschedule the delivery.

#691 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Good info, thanks man.
My one angle I may try with the delivery company is that technically my unit is the front door, so it should be left there like other packages. Although, last thing I want to do is piss off the delivery drivers LOL.

A better angle might be a pile of cash and the offer of a good tip to the driver lol

#692 4 months ago

Spooky packs those game up right, that's for sure.

#693 4 months ago

SpookyBug benheck did your full assests include the outtakes? Have you seen/did you use, the footage to make the modes longer? Lots of great clips that should have been in the movie, especially Leatherface stuff. His sewing machine, The POV shot in the red room of him attacking the camera with his sledge. Love when he throws his saw during the end scene when spinning lol
Can't wait to play this, great job!

#694 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Good info, thanks man.

Slim to no chance that the freight company delivering will have going up flights of stairs into your apartment included or planned on. However, I’ve never had a driver decline $100 cash to help me bring a pin down a single flight of stairs into my basement.

#695 4 months ago

Most of the freight companies will just drop the pallet with the machine at most inside a garage, most wont go into the home at all, and will leave it outside for you to figure out. If you got a pin coming, I would recommend having friends on call to help you out in moving it.

#696 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Most of the freight companies will just drop the pallet with the machine at most inside a garage, most wont go into the home at all, and will leave it outside for you to figure out. If you got a pin coming, I would recommend having friends on call to help you out in moving it.

That's the plan!

#697 4 months ago

Remember if you get it directly from spooky you will for sure pay tax maybe not from a distributor! That is my experience.

#698 4 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Remember if you get it directly from spooky you will for sure pay tax maybe not from a distributor! That is my experience.

I believe that depends on what state you reside in. They posted a list a good ways back in the next spooky game thread, I believe. At that time, my state was not one they collect taxes from. Certainly could have changed, by now.

#699 4 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyBug benheck did your full assests include the outtakes? Have you seen/did you use, the footage to make the modes longer? Lots of great clips that should have been in the movie, especially Leatherface stuff. His sewing machine, The POV shot in the red room of him attacking the camera with his sledge. Love when he throws his saw during the end scene when spinning lol
Can't wait to play this, great job!

Are there any bloopers? Would be fun to sneak in some, if so.

#700 4 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Are there any bloopers? Would be fun to sneak in some, if so.

Just clips from the movie itself. But they let us use all of it vs 5-15 minutes which often happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Broadview Hts, OH
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-hype-/page/14?hl=exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.