(Topic ID: 65051)

Who has (or definitely will) ordered a Star Trek model?

By jfh

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Star Trek have you ordered or will you order by the end of 2013?”

• Starfleet Pro 13 votes
    11%
  • Vengeance Premium 8 votes
    7%
  • Enterprise Limited Edition 66 votes
    56%
  • Will buy one of the above NIB, but not sure which 6 votes
    5%
  • Ordered one of the above, but cancelled 25 votes
    21%

(118 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star_Trek_Into_Darkness_Pic[1].jpg
04.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

For those here that have ordered or plan to buy the new Star Trek game in 2013, which model are you getting and why?

(I realize there are many that might want to order one, but won't/can't. I'm interested in that too, but that's probably a different thread).

I am getting the LE because I like the look of that model (blue, mirrored backglass) the best and think it will look less dated over time.

#2 10 years ago

Ordered a Pro because it is going on location. Might upgrade to a Premium later on if it really turns out to be that much better.

#3 10 years ago

Mine arrives on Monday!

#4 10 years ago

Anyone know when the Premiums will be out?

#5 10 years ago

Enterprise Limited Edition because it should be the best of the 3

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ordered a Pro because it is going on location. Might upgrade to a Premium later on if it really turns out to be that much better.

Man, I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be to have this game on location somewhere to play. Would rock!!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Enterprise Limited Edition because it should be the best of the 3

I ordered one as well and think that Steve will 'nail' it !

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be to have this game on location somewhere to play. Would rock!!!

Well, I am not an 'operator' in the normal sense. We don't really have a place to play here either, so I am working on making a place using my games. I have a good safe location lined up in a boardgame store here, so lets hope it works out

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

No, but they are being produced after the LE models which I believe start production in a few weeks. I really hope the LEs are on the line for the Stern tour at Expo.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those here that have ordered or plan to buy the new Star Trek game in 2013, which model are you getting and why?
(I realize there are many that might want to order one, but won't/can't. I'm interested in that too, but that's probably a different thread).
I am getting the LE because I like the look of that model (blue, mirrored backglass) the best and think it will look less dated over time.

Exactly. I know I'm going against the grain here with this comment but I despise Actor likenesses on pinball machines. They become dated SO quickly. Who wants Alec Baldwin on their Shadow? Or Joey from Friends on their Lost in Space? The Avengers let me down badly. I was hoping the LE or Premium was going to have Comic art on it. Nope Actors and a green hulk. Who the heck wants a HULK on their avengers machine??? That was a fail. Should have been Captain America all the way. But it came down to the designer's love for Hulk and that stupid toy. Speaking of which, the X-Men toys weren't designed all that great either. A 6K machine with toys that look made for a 3yr old. Ugh. I didn't buy either.

But strangely enough I like Musician's likenesses on their pins. Has to be that way. Just a simple opinion.

So for those reasons - Enterprise LE for me.

Post edited by MurphyPeoples : I can't spell.

#11 10 years ago

Premium will happen 100%. Premium chosen over Pro for full gameplay experience (just my preference). Not LE for me this time around as I have made a life decision to get the full game experience rather than extra potential collectibility. Props to all those getting LEs though. They look awesome.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Exactly. I know I'm going against the grain here with this comment but I despise Actor likenesses on pinball machines. They become dated SO quickly. Who wants Alec Baldwin on their Shadow? Or Joey from Friends on their Lost In Space?

But strangely enough I like Musician's likenesses on their pins. Has to be that way.

So for those reasons - Enterprise LE for me.

Yup, you nailed what I meant when I said "less dated" when you said "no actors". That's one of the reasons I consider TNG somewhat dated, despite the fact it's a great pin.

I may even get a Vengence translite to put on the (future) wall near the pun and I would absolutely love a poster of the Uhura/Marcus characters shown on the new Stern photo, but not on the pin.

The fewer actors on the art of a pin, the better. But I expect the licensors want to see exactly the opposite, since they are more interested in promoting te movie short term than the theme long term.

#14 10 years ago

Finally played a Pro tonight; one was installed in Bene this week. I am INCREDIBLY excited to have ordered a Premium. The Pro is already fantastic; software changes will really add shine, and the additional features on the Pro/LE will really be spectacular.

This machine is FAR brighter in real life than the videos indicated - it's easily the brightest pin in arcade. Even brighter than the AC/DC LE next to it. Looks awesome. Even the display surround looks much better in person than I thought it would. And I like the look of the new backbox - it looks neat without the board going across the top.

#15 10 years ago

LE because I want all the stuff. Premium would have been an option if not Fugly.

#16 10 years ago

My first NIB and it will be a LE

#17 10 years ago

Ordered LE.

#18 10 years ago

LE here. Spider-man layout. Steve Ritchie speed and flow.
Can't wait!

#19 10 years ago

STLE ordered, never doubted it. Played the Pro and it is awesome. Can't wait for the LE.

#20 10 years ago

LE here also.

#21 10 years ago

I sold my LE today. Going to Orlando. Enjoy it Geoffrey.

#22 10 years ago

Waiting to see final iteration of software.

#23 10 years ago

My pro arrived yesterday, been playing it a bunch, I would call it a good game.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

End of November start of December in Australia

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

LE because I want all the stuff. Premium would have been an option if not Fugly.

What you said.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I would call it a good game

As compared to what Greg? Just curious...

#27 10 years ago

I was hoping mine would show up today. It has been sitting at the truck lines STL terminal for nearly 36 hours now. :-/ Will have to wait until Monday for it to arrive here in town. I could have been up to STL and back 6 times in that amount of time.

Oh well, I guess I have other things I need to work on this weekend

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Oh well, I guess I have other things I need to work on this weekend

Ain't that the truth for most of us!

#29 10 years ago

Put my money down on an LE

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

DITTO!

#31 10 years ago

LE for me. It looks the better one as well.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You were worried there for awhile though.
: )

Glad to see you hung tight Quarter!

#33 10 years ago

Deposit in on an LE. Agree with the "actors" comments made above. I just think the LE looks far better than the other two models and I *really* like the Pro model gameplay videos I've seen thus far, so this was an easier decision for me than even Metallica was. I just hope the LE / Premium models prove to be as cool as I've hyped them up to be in my head.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You were worried there for awhile though.
: )
Glad to see you hung tight Quarter!

Me too

#35 10 years ago

The pro's lighting is such a jump, I can't imagine the le will be anything short of amazing.

#36 10 years ago

I will be ordering a Premium.

#37 10 years ago

LE for me. Yippee!

#38 10 years ago

Ordered the LE. My second pin and first NIB!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Ordered the LE. My second pin and first NIB!

Nice, you will have that new smell that comes with every nib

#40 10 years ago

Preordered the LE a few weeks ago, was told mid October but saw a dude post in another thread LE / Premium got pushed back to November, anyone know of this is true or not?

#41 10 years ago

Like I've said before. LE or...

04.jpg04.jpg

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Preordered the LE a few weeks ago, was told mid October but saw a dude post in another thread LE / Premium got pushed back to November, anyone know of this is true or not?

Heard LE in production now and premiums later for a November/December shipment.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Deposit in on an LE. Agree with the "actors" comments made above.

LE has actors on the cabinet front and backbox sides! BWAHAHAHAH!!!

I had an LE pre-ordered but cancelled. I'll wait till I play it. If it blows me away, I'll get a Prem or LE.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LE or fishnet? Yeah!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

well, too bad for me i'm going with the pro... busted.

are those fake?

#46 10 years ago

I think I'm going with this model as I like it the best out of all of them. It even comes with a Gary Stern look a like card board cut out.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Star_Trek_Into_Darkness_Pic[1].jpgStar_Trek_Into_Darkness_Pic[1].jpg

#47 10 years ago

That looks like one happy dude, there's one off the bucket list

#48 10 years ago

Yikes - does she know what happens to red shirts?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LE has actors on the cabinet front and backbox sides! BWAHAHAHAH!!!
I had an LE pre-ordered but cancelled. I'll wait till I play it. If it blows me away, I'll get a Prem or LE.

Wait, what? I had NO idea. Just cancelled my order.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I sold my LE today. Going to Orlando. Enjoy it Geoffrey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-or-definitely-will-ordered-a-star-trek-model/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.