34 new ratings were added to the Pinside, in the past 24 hours!

10.000/10
Tron is one killer fast game. I do prefer a modded pro to LE only because of the stand up targets on the pro.
9.660/10
We've had a lot of fun with this pin, my whole family enjoys it. Tons of shots, lots of variety. Probably Gottlieb's best pin.
6.794/10
Fun because it's cheesy... and the woman on the backglass isn't hard to look at. The heavy breathing sounds when you start each ball are hilarious. But other than that... it's kind of a joke pin. If you have room for one, go for it.
4.074/10
Unique game, but a clunker. If you like having unique stuff, get one. Otherwise, pass. Not fun at all. Played in league and would rather never play it again.
3.427/10
Fairly terrible game. Played on location and it wasn't set up all that well... really floaty and the flippers didn't have a lot of strength. That said, when you could hit the shots it seemed really uninteresting. Has giant hole in right side of playfield similar to South Park... which doesn't help things.
9.640/10
I have played the SE sample game and its beautiful.
The new 2X size color display in high resolution really brings this game to life.
Finally the screen animations look as they were intended, Its amazing what the artists have done with this title.
The enhanced sound system lets you hear all the sounds as well as a deep rich music content.
The playfied quality is amazing and beautiful.
AFM is a classic game will everything you would want in a pinball game. Its campy humor and exciting rule set keeps people coming back for more.
10.000/10
Why do people rate a game based on the lack of information they have to play it
Over and over I see people say the LOCK works only 25%...Learn how to play the game!!!!!
You have to shoot the lock 3 times before you can lock it so if you don't it's not gonna toss it in the toybox and if you paid attention to the LCD you would see that
7.416/10
Very neat and unique game to combat the video game craze at the time!
9.416/10
Such a fun game. I love the use of the Magicians Trunk! I love this game so much I had to get it.
9.640/10
I love the movie and I love this Pinball. Definitely on my wishlist. I love the game play and it is a very attractive pinball machine from the playfield to the back glass. I found the game play very easy to learn and understand which made it easy to become invested in my playing ability. Highly recommend playing!
7.596/10
I appreciate the theme and some of the gimmicks in the game. It is fun but I don't feel it draws me back. I don't feel the urge to keep plugging the machine with coins. I may not understand the whole game which is maybe why I am not drawn back in. Fun but there are many other games I would rather play.
9.300/10
I do not own it but play it everytime I am at the barcade. I really enjoy the play and interactive feel.
7.952/10
Overall a fun game. I wish the Ecto-1 could have been incorporated somehow in the playfield.
9.789/10
Such a classic game. The cross between the game and the theme is fantastic.
8.840/10
This game is tough and I love it like that. Right off the bat there's several different ways you can tackle the game. Do you want to go for Borg multiball, Missions/Final Frontier, Warp Factor 9+ or if you're really ambitious all of the above!? The Neutral Zone is a nice little mini-game in and of itself though I find the Ferengi multiball to be the most fun. The cannons on this thing are a blast (ha!) and I feel that they get the right amount of utilization; not too much not too little. The missions are varied a good amount for my taste though some you may pursue before others (easier to obtain artifacts). The artifact system itself is a nice meta-game that you can gather along as you're completing missions for some serious points if you reach Final Frontier. The ramps in this game are very satisfying to hit with the Delta ramp taking the crown. Speaking of the Delta ramp going for warp 9 through multiple Picard Maneuvers in a row is a great challenge and personally very rewarding. The shots are well laid out and I really like the throwback to Firepower in regards to the lower playfield standup targets energizing the kickback. Even the sounds have a slight similarity to the 1980 classic. Overall I love the game and it took me by surprise as thematically I wasn't a super hard core Star Trek fan but because of this pin I actually started watching the whole next gen series from beginning to end.

In regards to the infamous outlanes it is true that they can be unforgiving but I find the challenge acceptable. I would never consider the outlane extenders as I feel it would soften the game too much, extend ball times and make it an overall snooze fest.
7.814/10
Aztec is a great game, and it's not easy, which is actually a good thing. Some EMs are so simple once you get the hang of them, it feels like you can play forever. Aztec is a game that punishes you on the outlanes, and makes sure that risky center target is something you have to think about, rather than smack endlessly without concern for a ball drain. Could it have been designed a little better to avoid those easy drains? Sure. But should it be? A good game will hit you over the head now and then and remind you that life isn't fair, and I think Aztec does that. At first I disliked it, and felt like I was never able to play a ball for more than a few seconds. Once I got the hang of the game though, I realized that you really had to pay attention and react well to avoid the easy loss of your ball. I do feel it could have used a little design tweaking to dodge some of those unfortunate "unfair" drains, but in the end it's all part of the game, and you can't expect an easy ride all the time.

As a fan of spinners and kickout holes/lanes, I find the game design fun. You have a left-hand side spinner ramp that leads back to important rollovers, and you have a right-hand side u-turn kickout lane that can award big points over time. Both are fun shots, and enjoyable when you land them.

I'd say the only real issue with the game is the sound, which slams you over the head when you drain a ball and listen to your bonus points tally up. If you don't get the double-bonus during gameplay, each bonus level is 5000 points, which unfortunately was designed to ring for every 1000 scored. Your bonus level can go up to 50,000 during play. That's 10 levels. Now think about hearing that chime hit for every 1000 points as that sucker counts down. Yep. 50 times. 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-5, bang-bang-bang-bang-bang... 10 times. It's a bit too much. You get to the point where you hate scoring high bonus if you don't get the double-bounus... because for every 10,000 you get just one chime. 50,000 points, double-bonus, 10 chimes and done. Sounds just right.

If you enjoy that rapid-fire chiming though, this game is perfect for you. I've learned to simply absorb it as part of gameplay, and finally love playing the game, but for some folks it's a bit jarring. Check out gameplay or try it before you buy it to make sure you like that sound and style!

Last thing - I LOVE the cabinet artwork. Just well done, and unique. People always notice it, and comment on how cool it looks, even kids.
8.856/10
Seems like a fun pin. My review is based upon approximately 30 games on a pro on location with the call-outs turned up nice n' loud. Has that 'One more game factor' (ask my fiancee, she begged for another loonie to play a final game herself).
I really enjoy the 'Love in an Elevator' multiball as it is a challenge to get. The bash-toy is excellent, and the launching of the ball into the Toy Box is a new thing for me. This worked perfect on the Pro I played and it blew me away even after a few hours of play.
Code seems fairly advanced for a few months post-release. Really enjoyed my time on this, notwithstanding the fact that I am not an Aerosmith fan at all.
Bottom line for me: I enjoy this pin and will feed it when I see it on location. Well done, Stern.
Pinball is fun, and this is a fun pin to play.
8.700/10
Though some people prefer the Fire Queen for her pretty appearance on the backglass over the muscle-bound guy on Vulcan, I think both are thematically great. The playfield always draws my eye with its colorful design and artwork, and something about that fire-ish theme just seems right. The game has plenty of targets and objectives to keep you busy, and the game simply looks great in a lineup. If you can find one in good shape, grab it, you won't be disappointed in my opinion. While not on my top-10 list of EMs, it still holds a special place on the overall list. It's enjoyable and solid, nice artwork and fun to play.
9.364/10
Centigrade 37 will always be a classic in my mind. the gameplay, the look, the feel, everything about it just has a nice flow to it. Even if you laugh at the wacky "theme" of the game, you still enjoy playing it, and love watching that thermometer in the backbox climb as you play. Anytime a game keeps you coming back for more, always trying to achieve a goal aside from high scoring, it's a good sign. You often catch yourself forgetting your point total as you glance up at that lady and her rising temperature gauge, which I think makes the game even more fun.

Designers hit the nail on the head with this EM, and it stands the test of time. Great game if you can find one, either to own or just play!
9.477/10
Abra Ca Dabra was one of the first EMs I experienced, and even after dozens of others, I still think of it as one of my favorite. Something about the design is just perfect. It flows and plays well, giving you an array of targets and objectives, while not seeming cluttered or boring. The artwork is amazing, especially for the era, both on the playfield and the backglass. Layout is just right, and the game just has a classic EM feel that many others don't quite achieve. I've watched young kids in today's world play it over and over, even with more modern flashy DMD titles sitting nearby, which says a lot I think. I've yet to find one for my own collection, but I hope to some day.
9.482/10
Heat Wave's most prominent feature is probably it's backbox "toy" or mechanic, which is a thermometer that rises as the game is played and certain scoring achieved (similar to Centigrade 37). The fact that it predates C37 by over a decade (Heat Wave 1964) is a telling sign of what it achieved in an earlier era.

The overall theme is perfect for the title. You have the hot sun glaring at you from the playfield, overheated characters on the plastics and backglass, colors and style that just flow well with the overall game. It just has such a nice look to it, and the array of colors is not jarring because the tone is just right.

Gameplay is progressively harder as the game goes forward, something less common with many early titles. Your goal is to raise the thermometer by hitting lit targets, which increases your overall bonus scoring shot value. What's great about the game design is that as you raise the thermometer, LESS targets are lit with each level you achieve. Each time the thermometer rises to a new status, lights/targets go out, making it harder and harder to reach the top (Blow Your Top). A lot of games have repetitive designs, so hitting the same shot over and over and make scoring too easy. Heat Wave successfully takes that away, as it makes sure you need to vary your shots a little to get where you want to go.

And as if that wasn't enough, the flipper area had to be unique too. Rather than a standard set of flippers with a gap, you're given the widely space flipper design with a center, triangular posted playfield object. It doesn't score, and doesn't sling, it's just there to redirect the ball. You can use it for shot angles, ball saves, or any number of things (keeping that rubber fresh is important!) It can be a nudger's dream or nightmare, depending on how you learn to use it.

Heat Wave gets a big thumbs up in my mind, especially when you consider its era and design.
9.687/10
Night Rider was one of the dual EM/SS games that came out in the mid-to-late 70's. I've played both, and feel that the EM version is superior. Something about the feel just makes it one of the better EM games I've ever played/owned. Few games have as satisfying of a spinner "ramp" as a this trucker themed title. It feels like you're firing the ball up an on-ramp to the highway every time you hit the shot. The spinner sound chiming away, score racking up as you hope to add to the bonus, or get that crucial double-bonus kickout hole moment.

To top it off, when you hit the rollover moment and strike 100,000, the machine buzzes and puts up a "King of the Road" on the backbox. Pretty satisfying when that happens. Great game, lots of fun, and a hit at parties. I always find myself going back for more.
10.000/10
I've played Dialed In many times since it was unveiled at Expo. I was hooked the first time I played it!
9.520/10
I can't claim to have played every pinball machine... or even most... but of the ones I have played the only one that comes close to MM is TZ. The game is the ultimate addiction. You can never just play once. I always get drawn in for more than I had planned.

The game itself is nearly perfect. The playfield is awesome - both open and interesting. The game is also super smooth - I never feel cheated out of a ball or shot. The exploding castle is my all-time favorite gimmick. The voice acting is second to none. The art is both funny and intricate. AFM is obviously very similar, but MM has a few extra shots and just a little more interesting. If I were to only own two games it would be MM and TZ. If I were to only own 1..... ugh... I am not sure if I could handle that hard of a scenario!
9.400/10
One of the games that I play almost daily, but rarely more than 3 or 4 games at a time. Indiana Jones IMO has the best sounds and music of any of the games that I have played. MM has way more humor - and TZ has more variety - but for me all of the sounds in IJ makes me think of adventure. All of the aspects of IJ really work together and it is the closest I have to come to playing a pinball machine that is more *game* and less *pinball* - if that makes any sense.

The game has a couple of minor flaws. The game can be a bit slow, and at times the video modes can take you off of your game rhythm. However, it offers great variety and some very fun multiballs. It is a keeper.
There are 29008 ratings (that include a comment). Currently showing results page 2 of 1161.