14 new ratings were added to the Pinside, in the past 24 hours!

7.940/10
3 hours ago
Very fun pin, way better than I was expecting.
5.822/10
4 hours ago
Not for me in the slightest. Theme is decent, but wasted on such a massive empty widebody. All the shots are crammed up the top save for a few pop-up 'trolls' which get in the way and aren't utilised as sparingly or as good as in Medieval Madness. Widebody layouts should only be used if there's lots to them (TZ, Roadshow, WOZ), this one is just uninviting. There are no toys that interact with the ball, save for a magnet next to the Smaug head that holds it while he speaks. The display is a mess in my opinion, much like Wizard of Oz, and aside from multiball, I literally had no idea what I was supposed to be shooting for, which mode I was playing, whether I was in a mode or not or what part of the films I was at, and it overall just felt very dull as a result. Audio also does nothing to help, and there's no instructions card you can read whilst holding the ball on the flipper. Also, what is the third flipper for? Same as WOZ, don't just put a flipper on for the sake of it, give it a ramp or something! Overall, really not for me, I don't like the way JJP design their games, but I know lots of people do so that's good, hopefully I can warm to them with the right layout.
7.830/10
4 hours ago
Batman is a pretty good game with three very strong toys - the Joker, the Batmobile, but most of all that Crane! The audio, animation and art are all suitably Batman-themed, but some of the callouts aren't too hot. The game doesn't have a huge amount of flow as the ramp leads to the mini-playfield which slows the ball down, but the progression towards multiball, and the stacking of multiballs to get more lucrative jackpots are the fun elements that make the game shine. The modes are all a bit samey, but it's great to get more variety in there for the seasoned players that want to completely absolutely everything. I probably wouldn't own Batman as the lastability isn't quite there, but definitely worth a play whenever I get the chance!
8.636/10
9 hours ago
Very solid game that plays fast, has a good rule set and plenty of shots.
9.440/10
11 hours ago
Also a great classic!
9.580/10
11 hours ago
It really is a lot of fun to play
6.470/10
20 hours ago
I wanted to
5.226/10
23 hours ago
Cool music... that's it...

Yet another boring ass Stern...
9.740/10
1 day ago
I thought my ACDC BIBLE was a great pin. Loved it but sold it to a friend last year. Just played Metallica MOPLE for the first time this week. This game rocks! Dirty Donny, Lyman, Borg, Stern, knocked it out of the park with this pin. It is now in my top 5 and I have a large collection. I guess this is a keeper. It will take crazy money to pry it away from me.
6.691/10
1 day ago
great if you want the cheapest EM possible. Good also for new owners.. makes for good practice. All large scores heavily based on bonus. After 5 months owner ship, easy to flip on the 5 ball setting. the gigantic captured ball feature is usually to difficult to deal with and takes up a ton of real estate, but the game as a whole isnice to hear and look at. Not as nice to play... Least favorite game in the collection. tops out at $500 fully shopped and LEDded.
7.773/10
1 day ago
this game is 3 things: bonus rollovers ( A/B in 2 different places) Spelling "ZONE" with drop targets, and Rolling over "TRI" targets. Thats it, really. Pretty simple, but the back glass and the relatively simple sounds make for an interesting gateway game that many people can pick up on right away. I would describe the BG theme as Space Spandex Future People Waiting For The Space Taxi At The Computer Store. The mirrored back glass certainly makes it attractive, though. all in all, decent if the system 6 problems are fixed.
7.790/10
1 day ago
The back glass is quite attractive with the komodo dragon and rider, in a '70s comic book way. The playfield art carries over with the same feel. the sounds are not great with electronic chimes. the real chimes might make it feel better. gameplay is simple, its a very gateway pin. 3 ways to score bonus , with a spinner to add control/variability. 2 varitargets make for a unique game as well... especially if youre not used to them. not bad for the EM/SS hybrid it is.
8.455/10
1 day ago
Simple rules.. multiball, bonus multiplier, heat bumper multiplier, increasing drop target values.. fairly standard. The artwork is polarizing, but Retro Cheese is much more popular today and this fits the bill. Classic gottlieb reliability problems , but luckily the previous owner fixed those. Had it for 2 weeks and playing 3 games a day. Great for non pinball types as its relatively easy to get multiball.. except for that ramp!
8.846/10
1 day ago
So the first thing to say about jungle lord is that you should add the "new tricks" ROM created to add some pizzazz and allow some control over the mini-bagatelle:

Magna Whirl:
Whirl L-O-R-D letters with Magna-Save buttons to improve odds with the mini ball.

This change gives a lot more control over the game and allows multiball much easier. the other tricks also help with playability. without the rom upgrade, it is truly a struggle to like the game.
with the rom, scores and engagement are much higher. My personal best is 2.2 million with this rom.

Caucasian2step has outlined the other pros and cons of the game well. I just wanted to add the recommendation for the rom.
8.461/10
1 day ago
Unusal layout for me with an easy to shoot at central ramp. Had a lot of fun on this one recently with plenty of free plays at the end.
6.625/10
1 day ago
Ok to me. The game lighting can be creepy !
7.426/10
1 day ago
The cartoonish look put me off initially but the the theme is good and the machine is fun to play. Does the job for a few plays... at least !
7.194/10
1 day ago
I do not like the artwork but it is a damn fine pinball.
9.558/10
1 day ago
Come on it is AC/DC ! Great theme with superb artwork as they cleverly avoided to make everything looks cartoonish (Metallica anyone ?). Best played obviously with LOUD sound.
2.670/10
1 day ago
I think I hate this one actually, feels cramped with lots of ramps. Never watched GoT so that does not help to appreciate the theme.
10.000/10
A true classic !
8.780/10
1 day ago
Great theme, lot's of fun. I would like to own this one day!
7.819/10
1 day ago
I liked it. Unique theme, fun shots. Too much gottlieb hate on these reviews
8.432/10
1 day ago
There's a lot to like about "Theatre of Magic". The playfield is gorgeous with unique ramps that resemble red rug-covered "stairs" and a beautiful "magic trunk" that gives you several different missions to play. It's incredibly polished and classy. The issue is that the trunk is the center of everything and the audio constantly reminds you of that. That's your #1 target every single time. Either that or the one or two ramps which are easy to hit. That and points are too easy to accumulate. A player with little to no skill with decent reflexes can hit 250M in about five minutes or less. It's so easy, you basically don't even need the missions. That said, it's a great table, reminiscent of "Tales of the Arabian Nights".
8.153/10
1 day ago
Literally the only thing bad about this game is that it is unfinished...the art, layout and sound are all superb and it only lacks in software depth. The theme is great, we'd had awesome Medieval, Alien, Arabian and Circus themes so a Western version of this classic game style was a welcome addition. The toys are great and work well, and the more ramps the merrier as far as I'm concerned! The lastability is a little weak again due to the software, but this game is very rare and very fun all the same!Always love giving it a go at Chief Coffee in London, as you just don't see them around. Drop targets are also fantastic - glad these came back for 24, Ghostbusters, Mustang etc., but they've been used best here!
There are 29479 ratings (that include a comment). Currently showing results page 1 of 1180.