51 new ratings were added to the Pinside, in the past 24 hours!

7.670/10
2 hours ago
If unkle Skeeter wanted to design a vertical pinball game for the fairway at the county fair, this would be it.

The Pros:
I got to play this game in the corner of the VFW collection in Ann Arbor, MI. The game was hidden away in a corner/hallway and I walked by it a few times before I realized what it was. This game is fun! Another attempt at trying to make pinball more accessible for players that would not normally play pin, and a smaller footprint for ops who are counting their square footage and their coins. Politically incorrect depictions of moonshiners always crack me up!

The Cons:
Finding one. This game is fun, but it really belongs in a Chuck E. Cheese. Frustration factor can be high until you get the timing of the game and then, you get bored with it quickly. Not long in the lastability department, but entertaining for a game or 7.

The Takeaway:
Banzai Run never had it this good. Between pacing and learning how to aim vertically, this game is a hoot, but that's about it. Find one if you can. Enjoy a beer or two with friends while taking turns at it and then you can say you played it.
1.525/10
23 hours ago
One of worst games ever played
8.896/10
23 hours ago
Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) is the 4th game from Jersey Jack and their most ambitious to date.

The Pros:
The layout, artwork and sounds are brilliant. A great design from a new pinball designer is something to be celebrated. The animations are the best I have ever seen in a pinball game. The characters are well balanced from the get go and I'm sure that this game will only get better as software is updated. For a widebody game, this game does not feel wide. It feels like it shoots very well. Some of the game's shots are incredibly well put together and the flow of this table is incredible. There is a lot to do in this game. You may need a vacation away from everything else to really get this game down.

The Cons:
The risks taken with this design will have to stand the test of time. The tri-spinner and the chest have already been "reduced" in their complexity (and rightfully so). The rules are so deep and complex, that the only way to really get to know this game is to own one. Most pinheads do not have tens of thousands of dollars sitting around. Dialed In got the gameplay balance right. Would someone please reel Keith Johnson in (I admit it, I'm STILL trying to figure out how to play WoZ)? Thank you.

The Takeaway:
I got the chance to play the proto and the chest and the tri-spinner are not working as they should. While some may complain, I believe the JJP team made the correct decision to go with reliability as compared to flash. Will this game get better, yep. My sincere hope is that the balance of the game's rules and the reliability of it's mechanisms will become refined as well.
8.896/10
23 hours ago

The Pros:

The Cons:

The Takeaway:
8.132/10
23 hours ago
Played it at golden stste, I liked it the most of all new games, asked my distributor about it and he said he not carrying it to many glitches, I will pass on it for a few yrs, very fun , a keeper if it's not breaking down or having codes issues?
I want to rate it higher on looks and play but didn't get enough time on it
7.274/10
1 day ago
Kiss music isn't good but the game is a homerun for theming around this band.
6.287/10
1 day ago
an old game but a lot of fun
4.603/10
1 day ago
Stern BOMBED on this game. It seems to me like this game was made for money not for the love of the theme. This needs to be re-done by Jersey Jack.
10.000/10
1 day ago
Now this is clearly one of the ten best pinball games ever... it has everything. Its fun, great toys, cool animation and so much more. This game is a home run... would love to see an upgraded version with new effects by a company like Chicago Gaming.
3.702/10
1 day ago
This has to be the single most overrated game ... so many things are missing like the ark, the toys are plastic and look silly. Its even missing the accurate planes that where in the movie. The playfield looks like very little thought was put into making the game reflect the movie. Now I'd love to see JJ do an Indian Jones pinball ... this game needs an upper playfield in the tomb with snakes, a way to dodge darts, the ark that releases the ghosts, a spinning plane, something that lights up the directions to the lost tomb, it needs more things you'd solve to find the ark and win the game. To me this game is opportunity lost. Love to see a remake by Jersey Jack.
5.566/10
1 day ago
I'm still not understanding why so many games like this get so much love. Once you play JJ Hobbit how can you really think this game is a top 5 type game? To me the playfield is totally cluttered and so many awesome opportunities went missed. The game isn't that much fun after playing it for about an hour you'd get bored pretty fast. Whereas the Hobbit you'd never want to stop playing. The Hobbit is only about 100 times better.
6.225/10
1 day ago
Another way overated game. Its super campy but it has a lot of toys and stuff. As a fan of Universal Monsters this isn't the game I would want... these aren't even the Universal Monsters. Wouldn't it be cool to see JJ do a pinball based on the Universal Monsters to have Dracula modes to Frankenstein, to Wolfman and so on. No monsters playing the drums. LOL

The game is fun but its not the 5th best pinball game ever. Please. Its one of the better ones but nothing close to one of the 10 best.
9.840/10
1 day ago
little deception at first for the lack of toys, but the hand on flipper is awsome, fast , deep and a lot of fun. The sound is really great, i forget rapidly the lack of toys because the flow is simply perfect and the game is near to be perfect too.
6.814/10
1 day ago
The game is cool but grossly overated. When i look back at the tv show or even the movie the pinball game is way off the mark. The TV show is more serious and the pinball game is way to campy. I'm not threading the concept and the game itself ...
9.900/10
1 day ago
My favorite band and one of my favorite pinball, fast and furious, i love it. A lot to do and certainly a keeper.
9.860/10
1 day ago
Very fun, easy to play, easy to learn, great for all the family. Nearly perfect for me.
9.860/10
1 day ago
Very fun, easy to play, easy to learn, game for all the family, nearly perfect for me.
8.380/10
1 day ago
The LE! To begin, I was initially upset about how the game was released, showing art right before shipping each model rather than giving us pinballers a chance to see all three options before plunging for the model of our choosing, but after receiving my game and playing it for a weekend I must say that I am simmered down and finding the art to be quite exceptional on the LE, though I still personally feel the premium has the best overall package for my tastes. Regardless, this game is really fun, vivid, and the metallic ink on the sides and mirrored backglass make this game pop unlike any other game in my collection.

I am not going to frantically report that the game is the best ever by Stern or even in their top ten as it's just too soon... but it is quite a fun experience and my current favorite in my home collection (though I'm putting it out on location soon anyways). With that being said I do still feel that the features on this one are a bit light, in that the toys are fairly insignificant & the innovations aren't really huge (standup newton ball target and newton ball lock multiball). The music is what it is, a collection of some of Iron Maidens best with Bruce, but in my case I am far more of a fan of the first two albums so the music isn't exactly the biggest draw. Callouts are nice and clear, and the sfx fit just right.

As far as gameplay gripes go, the only takeaway right now is the ball does have quite a few spots it gets stuck which is kinda surprising, and if not setup absolutely perfect it can also feel a bit clunky, especially in regards to the auto plunger shot not making it's way all around the orbit it's supposed to take automatically. However, the shots do really flow once you get a good game going with the perfect setup/leveling, so take the extra time to make sure it plays just right, and you'll love it!
10.000/10
1 day ago
I cant remove a point for this game. A ton of fun, a ton of shots, very deep. A keeper for me and what a beautiful machine.
100%
8.703/10
1 day ago
In the 6 months I've owned this game, it's been the most played game in my collection by a huge margin. Honestly, I was so turned off by the game's artwork, that I didn't think this pin would stick around for very long. However, the art package has kind of grown on me, but I still wouldn't call it great.

The depth of rules and scoring strategies on this game are awesome. I love having the choice of houses before the first plunge. Each one plays a little different, which gives this game lots of life in a home collection. There are so many ways to play and little scoring nuances that have to be learned in order to put up large scores. The "Hand of the King" mini wizard mode is very achievable and the rules of that mode are impacted by which houses you complete to get there. The final wizard mode is a challenge to get to, but it's certainly achievable to decent players with a little luck and some controlled play.

The playfield layout is very flow heavy and both ramps can be backhanded. The battering ram shot to get the Super Jackpot is super satisfying. Especially since you can hit it over and over again until the timer runs out. What a rush! The dot animations are great, but a ColorDMD is essentially a must on this title.

This is a super fun game that has a mediocre art package, but it makes up for it with excellent rules, deep strategy, and flow. It has a "just one more game factor" that's off the charts.
9.008/10
1 day ago
First, the negatives. This is one of the worst multi player games in existence. Ball times can be a bit long (although everything is adjustable) and switching players breaks up the epic journey feeling of the pin. Also, the playfield artwork is a little muddy and some of the sound clips seem to be sampled at a lower quality rate.

The positives? Everything else. This game is immersive in so many ways. It's an epic journey and the "on a quest" feeling that the game gives you is unrivaled. The music enhances the theme and it fits the action perfectly. This game also has great voice work and some of the best custom call outs in pinball. The code is deep, the modes offer plenty of variety, and playing thru the movie themed multi-ball modes is the perfect balance of challenging and fun. The game is also loaded with great shots and nailing the center ring shot never gets old. Great custom dot animations round out the package and make a ColorDMD a must have on this title. Overall, this is a top tier pinball machine that arguably offers the best immersive experience in pinball.
8.034/10
1 day ago
One of the few pins that was themed to capitalize on the tennis craze of the 70's (which was a huge, huge thing that's hard to describe properly if you weren't there at the time), that also manages to have an unusual playing gimmick that mirrors the theme. While the rules set may seem simple, it's one of the most clever incorporations of theme into game play of the era.

The "Volley" of the title comes into play when you lower the drop targets on the right and left sides of the lower playfield; the slinghots will "volley" the ball back and forth (scoring nothing!) just like a real tennis rally.

The tricky part of scoring is knowing when *not* to shoot. If you drop the targets before lighting the corresponding bumper and drop target bank, they're only worth 500 points; if you wait, the value soars up to 5K. Balancing the skill shots, return shots (difficult but possible) up to the top, and then taking out the drop target banks requires both good shooting and a multi-ball strategy. That the yellow bank has the higher value up the middle - but is the more dangerous bank to shoot off - makes the use of the "volley" side banks a crucial and fun skill test.

All in all, one of the best designs of the late EM era.
9.600/10
1 day ago
What a kickass game! Awesome layout, excellent rules,modes and animations. And of course some very cool tunes to flip too, even if not a huge fan of the band. A bit long playing, but that gives you more of a chance to enjoy the game and progress. That could impact lastability a bit, but it helps make it fun for all players.

Very impressive game right out of the gate!
9.760/10
1 day ago
So glad they took Keith's design, its refreshing to see 4 flippers and different playfield from the fan layout.

This game was cooked in keiths brain for a long time and he has put all is knowledge of pinball to make this game so hot out of the bat !

The Flow,callouts,animation,art and codes are amazing .

D'ont take my word for it , Find one and play it , you'll get why everyone is excited to get this game...everything fits !
7.257/10
1 day ago
This is a simple game, but its a fun and challenging one. It plays fast, has a lot of shots and an errant shot can cause it to bounce off a post and drain down the sides. Still, its a fun game and if you get dialed in you you can have a lot of fun with this game. I do like the three flipper approach. I just wish there was more to hit with the third one. But, its still nice. Hitting the spinners are always fun and rewarding, and if you spell SORCERER you max out the spinners for big points. I'm not a big pinball historian, but I do believe this was an early speech game for pinball. Gorgar is the first of course, but, I think this is one of the ones that came out shortly after. Not a whole lot of talking, only a handful of words, but they are used effectively. The sound effects work... And I think they are the same as in firepower, where I think they actually work better... But, all in all, when playing the game the sounds fit and really enhance the playing experience. What I really like is the whole art theme. It reminds me of a Ralph Bakshi movie, and perhaps the dark crystal or Jim Hensen's Labyrinth. Really nice artwork on the backglass, but I think the playfield is just top notch. Might not be for everyone, but its super cool to me. Speaking of super cool, the eyes on the back wall are just some of the coolest things ever. A simple effect, but it really is awesome when they flash. Not a whole lot of lights in this one, but again the flashing eyes make up for it. And then their is the multi ball. You hit the ramp. That leads to a ball lock and you hit it once. Locks the first ball. Hit it again and you bring on the multiball. There are more complex games. But, pinball doesn't need to be overly complex. Just a good layout, with good art, good sounds and you got a good game. You don't need deep, confusing rules. And this game is proof of just that. Perhaps if its your only option to play, you'll get bored with it. But, the same can be said of any game, no matter how deep.
There are 32662 ratings (that include a comment). Currently showing results page 1 of 1307.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside