“Making pinball better, one ROM at a time!”
This listing is for a set of Roms to upgrade your pinball machine to the latest software version
MFR Part #'s:
NASCAR CPU ROM U210 965-0430-86
NASCAR DISPLAY ROM U5 (ROM0) 965-0435-86
NASCAR SOUND ROM U17 965-0431-86
NASCAR SOUND ROM U21 965-0432-86
NASCAR SOUND ROM U36 965-0433-86
NASCAR SOUND ROM U37 965-0434-86
NASCAR SOUND ROM U7 965-0429-86
Game: Nascar [Pinball]
Revision History: (Included for reference)
CPU Release Version 4.50
Date July 25, 2006
File nascpua.450 (American release, checksum $39FF)
nascpul.450 (Spanish release, checksum $2AFF)
*** THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY V4.00 OR HIGHER ***
Changes from Version 4.20
- Changed coil fire for ball server to keep the coil from overheating
- Fixed 10 letter HSTD tables for the UK
- Fixed Bump 'n' Run mode to turn off properly on a forced game restart.
CPU Release Version 4.20
Date December 29, 2005
File nascpua.420 (American release, checksum $39FF)
nascpul.420 (Spanish release, checksum $2BFF)
*** THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY V4.00 OR HIGHER ***
Changes from Version 4.00
- Fixed a problem where sometimes player 2 would need more hits to start
the first garage mode than player 1.
- Fixed bug in Super Party that allowed uncollected super jackpots to carry
to other players.
- Improved burn-in test.
- Fixed tournament to award points properly for an extra ball (the lamp is
still lit, however)
- Extra Ball now awards 5 million points in tournaments instead of 1 million.
Older Versions of Code:
CPU Release Version 4.00
Date October 25, 2005
File nascpua.400 (American release, checksum $32FF)
nascpul.400 (Spanish release, checksum $F1FF)
- Improved the driver for the car mechanism to prevent wear on the
release coil latch.
- Improved and more efficient firing of lower track exit diverter.
- Better compensation when the Test Car switch is broken. Modes will
start properly now.
- Improved speech, lamp effects, and choreography.
- Russian coinage and tournament settings added.
CPU Release Version 3.52
Date October 13, 2005
File nascpua.352 (American release, checksum $6DFF)
nascpul.352 (Spanish release, checksum $28FF)
- Fixed another glitch in switch test diagnostics.
CPU Release Version 3.51
Date October 12, 2005
File nascpua.351 (American release, checksum $31FF)
nascpul.351 (Spanish release, checksum $EDFF)
- Fixed glitch in switch test diagnostics.
CPU Release Version 3.50
Date October 7, 2005
File nascpua.350 (American release, checksum $25FF)
nascpul.350 (Spanish release, checksum $E0FF)
- Changed UK1 pricing table settings.
CPU Release Version 3.40
Date October 4, 2005
File nascpua.340 (American release, checksum $2DFF)
nascpul.340 (Spanish release, checksum $E7FF)
- Changed car mechanism driver to prevent fatigue on release coil bracket.
- Fixed multiball sequence when there are only 2 balls playable in the game
- Fixed coil diagnostics to properly wrap at the end of the list.
CPU Release Version 3.30
Date September 28, 2005
File nascpua.330 (American release, checksum $9CFF)
nascpul.330 (Spanish release, checksum $64FF)
- Better compensation for a malfunctioning Test Car
- More intelligent coil firing algorithm for the truck kicker.
- Right ramp diverter logic improved to help player complete RACE letters
CPU Release Version 3.10
Date September 23, 2005
File nascpua.310 (American release, checksum $xxFF)
nascpul.310 (Spanish release, checksum $xxFF)
- Truck kicker eject softened to keep balls from flying off the ramp
- Fixed glitch in track test in diagnostics
- Improved coin-in lamp effects
- Fixed Grand Champion reset
- Extra Ball properly awards points in all modes of ToPS play
- Game obeys the Special % adjustment properly
- Fixed case where Champion Challenge would be lit again after it's end
- Made LOCK DIFFICULTY not reset R-A-C-E lamps at the start of each ball
when set to "Extra Hard"
- Fixed game restart at match and game over sequences
- ToPS improvements for South Africa
- New default Norway coin settings
CPU Release Version 3.01
Date September 12, 2005
File nascpua.301 (American release, checksum $65FF)
nascpul.301 (Spanish release, checksum $06FF)
- Fixed DIP settings for Taiwanese coinage
- Softened kick on truck eject
- Service Credit button works correctly after changing volume now
- Game does not search endlessly if there are no balls in the trough
CPU Release Version 3.00
Date September 8, 2005
File nascpua.300 (American release, checksum $2AFF)
nascpul.300 (Spanish release, checksum $CCFF)
- Added System Adjustments 53-55 to enable flipper power modification
for games in the field that need it. (Stern technical support use only)
- Installs menu in Portals has been fixed to exit correctly.
- Right ramp diverter now helps the player spell R-A-C-E quicker by
sending the ball to the best flipper for the next shot.
- Improved timing on lower track diverter.
- Fixed some game adjustment ranges that could go out of bounds.
- Fixed a hanging lamp in the outlanes after a game was completed.
- Hanging jackpot at the end of Happy Hour corrected.
- Fixed the problem with balls staying on the track after Hauler Ride.
- Fixed the ball saver that was supposed to save airballs that landed
on the track and fell into the lower drain. This saver also saves balls
that are misfired by the autoplunger.
- Fixed problem with two balls kicking out in some single-ball modes
when a ball drained early in the mode.
- Improved Accelerator Saver when the ball hits the car and quickly drains.
- Made accelerator driver use the TRACK ADJUST adjustments now (for
Stern Technical Support use only)
- Made the Garage Mode goals in Feature Adjustments work correctly now.
- Fixed search in Race Multiball with a ball on the track.
- Some display improvments to Champion Challenge
- Some display improvments to Bump and Run
- Some display improvments to Gas And Go background display.
- ToPS tournament text fixed for spanish-language versions.
- Replay value now shown in attract mode.
- New Taiwan and South Africa coin settings
- Improved coin-in effects
- Improved flashers in some parts of the game
- Fixed CHAMP1 Letter count in Instant Info
- Clear Balls test in Portals fixed to launch balls correctly.
CPU Release Version 1.04
Date August 10, 2005
File nascpua.104 (American release, checksum $F0FF)
nascpul.104 (Spanish release, checksum $CCFF)
- Changed BUMP 'N' WIN adjustment display
- Updated coinage settings for different countries
- Fixed some display bugs in Champion Challenge
- Fixed CHAMP1 LETTERS audit
- Some improvements to mode sounds
CPU Release Version 1.03
Date August 9, 2005
CPU Checksum $08FF
- Improvements to pit road lock release
- Improvements to Competition mode
- Compensation for broken spinning car motor added
- Compensation for broken drop targets added
- Improvements between speedshot/hard racin and garage mode starts
- Race Multiball improved with better grace periods
- Scanner award fixed when running inside a mode
- Improvements to lamp effects and speech calls
- Ball Clear test in diagnostics improved
- Bump 'n' Win default values changed slightly
CPU Release Version 1.02
Date August 4, 2005
CPU Checksum $3FFF
- Dot Matrix Test, Lock kicking, and Clear Balls Test fixed in diagnostics.
- Fixed problems with tilt handling
- Fixed scoring bug in bonus count
- Fixed some glitches with RACE letters on left ramp and drop targets
- Improvements to lamp effects and sound sequencing
- Fixed bug in Road Course handing out extra CHAMP1 letters.
From $ 9.99
Price depends on selected item variation.
Ships for $ 4.00 (International $ 12.00)
Contact Matt's Basement Arcade (via PinsideMail)
This ad is linked to 1 game: