New! Dark mode!
Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!
Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: August 22nd, 2020
Ended: August 23rd, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished
For Sale: A very nice example of the only solid-state machine to ever come equipped with Zipper-Flippers - Medusa! A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and EXTENSIVE shop job, was just completed - the game looks great, and plays 100%.
Details of the work is as follows:
• SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD: The two electrolytic filter capacitors were replaced w/new - the high voltage regulator section was fully rebuilt - a missing trace from the flipper relay was repaired - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.
• SOUND BOARD: All electrolytic capacitors were replaced w/new - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed
• MPU: The original PCB was washed/neutralized, the on-board battery removed, and the memory-function restored with a new Pinitech NVRAM - a 6821 IC at U11 was replaced w/new - a glass capacitor on the lamp data-line was replaced - the U2 & U6 EPROM's were replaced with new (w/fresh code) - Replaced and re-pinned the 28-pin and 19-pin female connectors at J1 and J4.
• LAMP DRIVER: The IC at U2 was replaced w/new - 2 bad SRC's were replaced w/new - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.
• DISPLAYS: All connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed. The original displays are bright and clear, and the voltage at which they run has been reduced to preserve them during future use.
• SHOP JOB: Details of the general shop-work completed is as follows:
- All under playfield drop target assemblies were completely removed, dissembled, cleaned, and adjusted. All 11 targets were replaced with new game-correct replacements;
- New translucent-red lower flipper bats, and new correct upper zipper-flipper bats, were installed;
- Four new game correct pop-bumper caps, and new red-skirts, were installed;
- All playfield & backbox GI lighting was replaced with new cool/natural Comet LED's (feature lights still incandescent);
- Complete top-side tear-down - original plastic-posts soaked/scrubbed;
- Playfield cleaned, polished, and waxed;
- All playfield rubbers were replaced w/new;
- New original-style instruction/pricing cards installed;
- New chrome, non-ribbed, legs, levelers and bolts installed;
- New grounded cord plug installed;
- New pinball installed; and
- New coin door and backbox locks installed.
Please review the pictures for additional condition details and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see supplementary photos with any specific detail. The original playfield is very nice for this title, which is notorious for having substantial wear. The original backglass is also very nice, and shows as near perfect when lit; however, the lowest-most portion had a few cracks and was beginning to subtly lift. To mitigate this, and preserve the glass finish into the future, I triple-thicked the portion of the glass below the lower displays. It sealed the problem section well, and the lifting was corrected with the saran-wrap method.
The game is located in Central Pennsylvania, just off I-80. Pickup is highly preferred, but shipping is not out of the question if the buyer makes all arraignments, and payment-in-full has cleared my account before the game leaves my possession. I can also recommend a very reasonable amusements shipper I use, and have had very-good luck with, who can usually move pins to most any-door east of the Mississippi for ~$300.
IN REGARD TO THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC: This pin is currently located in my clean, dry, and climate controlled warehouse. If a meaningful deposit is received, you're more than welcome to leave it there until such a time when you are comfortable picking it up. In that scenario, I do reserve the right to at least one or two games a week though! If you would like to get it into your lineup ASAP, I am open to a pickup anytime, and we can easily abide by all of the recommended practices for interaction. You can drive right into the building and almost right up to your new machine. I have all the lifts/dolly's/carts needed to make loading it a breeze. I will leave it as you're call, and I will respect and accommodate what ever you decide.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
These are PSUTownie's all time market stats.
The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,100
Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!