I'm happy to present the Getaway Mountain Mod 2.0, now available for order on demand. Personally, I've never been a fan of the original mountain mod, as it just seemed too bulky and it kind of eats up the back right part of the playfield. Several months ago mjenison posted about a mountain he was working on, and I really liked his design and approach. He was nice enough to allow me to provide my input on the design as he progressed, and as a result we've decided to partner together to offer this mod.
This mod includes the following:
- Custom designed 3D printed mountain
- Internal lighting (LED strip with wiring and connectors to link into GI)
- Custom designed 3D mountain clear plastic to replace OEM version (cutout to allow for better view of mountain)
OPTIONAL: Spotlight with LED bulb and wiring with connectors to link into GI
Pricing is as follows:
- Mountain with internal lighting and custom clear plastic for supercharger loop = $100 (includes US shipping - outside US on a per quote basis)
- Spotlight with LED bulb and wiring: Add $10 to your order (see last two images for examples without and with spotlight kit installed).
See pics below for tunnel photos with lighting, custom plastic, and the last 4 photos show the difference with and without the spotlight installed. Also, the mountain I show is a darker brown than what the final versions will be. All I had at the time was a dark green filament, so I spray painted the mountain with whatever color brown I already had. The ones produced for sale will actually be more of a milk chocolate brown that is a much closer match to all of the brown on the plastics in the game. I've attached a pic showing my first production mountain to give everyone a sense of the mountain color.
Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.