7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Williams_Fan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

102_1254.JPG
    041d2a06.jpg
    a9ede85d.jpg
    DSC03172.JPG
    DSC03167.JPG

#1 7 years ago

If you can't tell I am pretty excited about my recent pick-up. TRON. I first off want to thank GAP for an excellent and easy transaction. Mike was very helpful every step of the way.

This is my very first NIB game and I could not be happier! I won't be able to dive into it too much until later tonight, but WOW, looking forward to spending some time with this game. I have LEDs for the inserts ready to go, still need to order some GI LEDs. More pictures to follow when I get it updated.

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/tlamb04/TRON/

Woohoo!

Todd

#2 7 years ago

Congrats!!! Mine will be here the first week of June and its killing me. Mod it up!! : )

#3 7 years ago

Nice. Great pickup. Enjoy!

#4 7 years ago

Congrats on the first nib. Hope its a blast for you!

#6 7 years ago

What LEDs did you get? Im wondering if Tron needs ghostbusters or not.

#7 7 years ago

I have some coin taker premiums from a few sets I bought. I should have close to a full set. I will let you know. It is a pretty fun game. Question, if the rectifier motor for the magnet loud are your machines?

#8 7 years ago

Great game

#9 7 years ago

awesome pics - mine comes next week - enjoy your game.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Congrats!!! Mine will be here the first week of June and its killing me. Mod it up!! : )

Yours Is already in my warehouse Just waiting to be started! Should get Started This week! =)

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

I have some coin taker premiums from a few sets I bought. I should have close to a full set. I will let you know.

Please do. Im ready to buy a crapton for mine and would rather be informed before I pull the trigger.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Should get Started This week! =)

Start away…start away!! Xmas in June : )

And mucho thanks. Talk about getting a custom piece. I truly lucked out on this and appreciate it.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Talk about getting a custom piece. I truly lucked out on this and appreciate it.

What are you doing to the game?

#14 7 years ago

Lol! Everything. Once done I am sure we will get some pics up.

#15 7 years ago

Nice pick up! Congratulations.

#16 7 years ago

Loven mine. Upgrade the speakers for max enjoyment. Mantas protector and mylar on shooter lane. Cointaker double leds cool white work great.

#17 7 years ago

Very nice pickup. Congrats on your first NIB. Start pimpin...

#18 7 years ago

I put in the Cointaker premiums last night, they look great! The only problem is I didnt have enough of the cool whites on hand so I took some out of the back box on my TZ though the ones in my TZ back box are not premium (non-ghosting) and I did notice those inserts to ghost slightly. I would definitely recommend the premium if you go with Cointaker. I will follow up once I get the rest of the premium LEDs in and swap out.

Todd

#19 7 years ago

Looks awsome.
    Really nice.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

If you can't tell I am pretty excited about my recent pick-up. TRON. I first off want to thank GAP for an excellent and easy transaction. Mike was very helpful every step of the way.
    This is my very first NIB game and I could not be happier! I won't be able to dive into it too much until later tonight, but WOW, looking forward to spending some time with this game. I have LEDs for the inserts ready to go, still need to order some GI LEDs. More pictures to follow when I get it updated.
    Woohoo!
    Todd

What is the breakdown of light count for TRON ? How many 44s, 555s, 89s, etc. Thanks

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

Tlamb said:If you can't tell I am pretty excited about my recent pick-up. TRON. I first off want to thank GAP for an excellent and easy transaction. Mike was very helpful every step of the way.
    Woohoo!
    Todd
    What is the breakdown of light count for TRON ? How many 44s, 555s, 89s, etc. Thanks

I had left over LEDs for other kits I purchased, I didnt keep track of the numbers. I had to order more, I will try to get a count when I get the rest of the LEDs in.

#22 7 years ago

Nice score...it is a fantastic game!

#23 7 years ago

Full Cointaker Super Brite Premium LED kit. Looks amazing! I accented the two side of the FP with orange and blue. I think it looks pretty nice! Also added the TRON neon light. I dont know how it feel about it, you get quite of bit of reflection on the glass. We will see. I might move it back further so it doesnt have line of sight to the glass.

DSC03167.JPG

#24 7 years ago

Looking good Tlamb. I would take that light down. It says tron on the trans right below it IMO. Its a nice looking sign but I would just hang that puppy on the wall. Also the glare on the glass is just as bright as the sign!!

#25 7 years ago

I agree. The sign is very cool, but it is just too darn bright to use as a topper. You're better off sticking it on a nearby wall.

#26 7 years ago

Updated with sign back further. You can see a little for the picture locations, but not at all while playing. I like it!

DSC03172.JPG

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Looking good Tlamb. I would take that light down. It says tron on the trans right below it IMO. Its a nice looking sign but I would just hang that puppy on the wall. Also the glare on the glass is just as bright as the sign!!

Yeah, I had it up on my wall before. Maybe I will look into Laserifics topper. Thanks for the feedback!

Todd

#28 7 years ago

I like the TRON neon but I too think it might be too bright and reflective....

#29 7 years ago

In someone's video I saw a neon Recognizer that I thought looked very cool. I looked around the net for it but couldn't find one for sale.

#30 7 years ago

Uploaded Video. It is a little grainy because of the lack of lighting, but all in all I think things are coming along well. Next step. Arcade mod. I have the screen coming, and I am going to fabricate my own cabinet. Pictures to follow.

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/tlamb04/TRON/?action=view&current=M4H03168.mp4

Todd

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

6S3NC3 said:Looking good Tlamb. I would take that light down. It says tron on the trans right below it IMO. Its a nice looking sign but I would just hang that puppy on the wall. Also the glare on the glass is just as bright as the sign!!

Yeah, I had it up on my wall before. Maybe I will look into Laserifics topper. Thanks for the feedback!
    Todd

Man, I like that sign. Play with sunglasses if you must but keep it. Actually, moving it back seems to have done the trick.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

In someone's video I saw a neon Recognizer that I thought looked very cool. I looked around the net for it but couldn't find one for sale.

This one?

http://www.backtothearcade.com/index.php/products/tron-recognizer-neon-sign

#33 7 years ago

Where did you get your Neon TRON sign at ??

#34 7 years ago

Looks pretty sweet. Enjoy your new game!

#35 7 years ago

http://www.backtothearcade.com/index.php/products/tron-neon-sign

There are a bunch of cool neons on this site, check it out. Great product.

Todd

#36 7 years ago

Tlamb must be a KLOV'r. Sorry if I don't recognize your handle, but I'd know this neon.

I'm gonna put a piece of smoked plexi in front of my green neon Recognizer as a tron legacy topper if I ever get one to cut down on the glare. Same one as on BTTA's site, but got mine direct from the supplier in custom color to match the "Corrupted" programs from Tron 2.0 video game.

Back to the Arcade orders their neon from a supplier in Hong Kong, the guy has GREAT customer service. The neon tubes are a little bit thinner than what you'd expect but they look fantastic. I have heard that he is NOT going to produce large neons any longer, just ones around this size. They tried to get him to do a more accurate, larger sign, he shipped a few out, but there were so many problems with breakage that he is not going to do the big ones anymore.

As I understand it, BTTA doesn't really make hardly anything on these. He's just facilitating the order between the producer and people ordering off his site.

#37 7 years ago

Yes -that is it.... I really like that sign. I wonder if it will be too bright as a topper.

#38 7 years ago

They're pretty dang bright. I can get some pics if you like....heres what I got when I unboxed it...

a9ede85d.jpg 041d2a06.jpg

#39 7 years ago

As an alternative to the bright neon, I modified Tron Deluxe Discs with EL Wire and LED strips. They're bright, but definitely not distracting.

102_1254.JPG

#40 7 years ago

That's a bit wierd seeing the red disc. Yarrr... brain...does...not........compute...

Daisy............daisy.........

#41 7 years ago

In person, it's orange - as it is Rinzler's disc.

#42 7 years ago

Welcome to the NIB Tron club. It is the BEST GAME EVER MADE!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 174.99
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.50
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.00
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside