Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160902_131806 (resized).jpg
    puscifer.jpg
    aiw.png
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389b68339be9cdc9657031c091f8a9d9fad23db51.jpg
    7b0e4718e6eef42fc5014ecc2289dff487636b621.jpg
    11313406_1474570746188304_921389254_n1.jpg
    primus4up.jpg
    07fe2035d2c1e77ce414f5d72acd81f7.png
    tester.jpg
    aiw_crestDET.jpg
    alice_crest_bg.jpg
    AIWFS2.jpg
    AIWFS1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nullpunkt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 8 years ago

Definitely in for the MG print. I'd be interested in the AIW, too, if you decided to color it.

#121 8 years ago

I did buy your Hulk print. It'll look great next to my 30th Anniversary Ghostbusters SDCC print!

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am not allowed to comment publicly on such statements.

Suggesting that he CAN comment privately! Quick! Everyone! Spam his inbox!

1 week later
    #195 8 years ago

ZY, I'll be picking up my Hulk Print from the framer after work today. I'll post pictures when I get it, but I'm pretty excited. It's an awesome piece.

#203 8 years ago

As promised! The green velvet matting made the framing way more expensive, but the texture and color variation of it were too awesome against the Hulk not to use it.

Sorry for the weird angle; I had a hell of a time getting a shot without too much reflection and glare. Now to go dig up my masonry drill bits so I can hang the thing! the Hulk!

IMG_1334.jpgIMG_1334.jpg

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

The silkscreened version will be the better one to preserve. Silk Screen inks are more lightfast (stable against UV) and so more likely to last longer.
    Without seeing the other, it is more comparable to a high end ink-jet print.
    You can tell the difference by running your hand over the print. The SS will have a raised surface and the ink will have a little tooth. ZY can chime in but the run of 100 is because, as an artist, the first run didn't meet his standards, rather than toss them, he sent them out as extras. The SS is the 'real print'.
    IMO Stick with the SS if you have to part with one.

I agree with Vac. What I've done with similar items in the past is to frame the "official" print (in this case the silkscreen version), and then put the sketch (or in your case, the earlier run) behind it in the frame. That way, the good one is being shown, but the other is protected, and you always have them together. If someone is curious about the piece, you can always pull the other out from behind and you have a neat little story about it.

#233 8 years ago

You know, if I skip work tomorrow, drive straight through, and pound a LOT of redbull, I could be in San Diego in time....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nullpunkt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zombieyeti-and-the-selling-of-art?tu=nullpunkt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.