4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160902_131806 (resized).jpg
    puscifer.jpg
    aiw.png
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389b68339be9cdc9657031c091f8a9d9fad23db51.jpg
    7b0e4718e6eef42fc5014ecc2289dff487636b621.jpg
    11313406_1474570746188304_921389254_n1.jpg
    primus4up.jpg
    07fe2035d2c1e77ce414f5d72acd81f7.png
    tester.jpg
    aiw_crestDET.jpg
    alice_crest_bg.jpg
    AIWFS2.jpg
    AIWFS1.jpg

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 4 years ago

Hey Jeremy,
    Sent you a pm about a contact I have that has had experience and great sucess doing these screened backglasses...just give me a shout.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you putting any effort into what orders are numbered what? I think I ordered <3mins after your first post last time before you even fixed the URL.

Yes! And first 50 should go out tomorrow!

#203 4 years ago

As promised! The green velvet matting made the framing way more expensive, but the texture and color variation of it were too awesome against the Hulk not to use it.

Sorry for the weird angle; I had a hell of a time getting a shot without too much reflection and glare. Now to go dig up my masonry drill bits so I can hang the thing! the Hulk!

IMG_1334.jpg

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nullpunkt:

As promised! The green velvet matting made the framing way more expensive, but the texture and color variation of it were too awesome against the Hulk not to use it.
    Sorry for the weird angle; I had a hell of a time getting a shot without too much reflection and glare. Now to go dig up my masonry drill bits so I can hang the thing! the Hulk!
    IMG_1334.jpg

Niiice!! I actually wanted to have the black flocked - but time ran out that framing is perfection!!!! Thanks for sharing man!!!

#205 4 years ago

image.jpg
    Signing & sending the next few days

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

The artwork looks so much better light up. If Jeremy were to make a run translites or back glasses for both Magic Girl and RAZA Swap Box would be a great way to interchange displaying both.

Jeremy, I recommend actually doing strict QC on this product. Oversee the process, make sure that they are up to the appropriate standards. On site visitation, that sort of thing. Mostly, so you can play in Blimpey's most fantastically awesome game room.

If you guys do put something together, I know my wife will totally buy in. Blimpey did a great job with the Gorgar box for us; and the wife is all over Zombi Yeti's art.

#207 4 years ago

Foil looks cool!

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Yes! And first 50 should go out tomorrow!

Woohoo!!

My birthday is Saturday. This will be a GREAT present

Chris

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Woohoo!!
    My birthday is Saturday. This will be a GREAT present
    Chris

The first 50 are out! Packing the rest to go out tomorrow! finally

#210 4 years ago

Got a package in the mail today. Opened it up to find some beautiful artwork!

Print:
    AIW-print.jpg
    Silkscreen:
    AIW-silkscreen.jpg
    Bonus sticker:
    ZY-sticker.jpg

Thanks Jeremy! You do amazing work!

#211 4 years ago

Missed it again? How the hell can I get a couple of these AIW prints? My game room and theater room need these!

#212 4 years ago

Got mine today too. I now realize I'm on pinside too much, I'm #8 of 50 :-0
    AIW_print-8of50.jpg

Also now I know where zombi yeti lives so that I can... muhawhawhaw.. write a nice letter to him

#213 4 years ago

I received my prints as well today too! #12/50. Artwork looks great with lots of awesome little details! Thanks ZY!

IMAG1850.jpg

#214 4 years ago

I got tube also but won't open till i get frame. Don't want cat hair on them..

#215 4 years ago

Need a larger foil run--those really look very cool!

#216 4 years ago

Got mine as well!! #20 of 50/100

Look great!

Chris

#217 4 years ago

Canadian address

#218 4 years ago

Haven't received mine yet. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow!

#219 4 years ago

Here's a strange question -
    I like both versions of this, but will probably only frame one of them. Which one do you think is better for framing?
    I feel that the 50 run is more "exclusive" than the run of 100, but I like the feel and finish of the 100 run better. Just wondering what you guys thought of them.

Also, since I am not so smart - Which is the "silkscreened" - The heavier stock or the thinner, 'shiny' version? The heavier stock is the run of 100, so I am guessing that is the silkscreened based on my reading but like I said, I an not an art major.

Chris

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I feel that the 50 run is more "exclusive" than the run of 100, but I like the feel and finish of the 100 run better

exactly.. I feel there's little difference between the print quality, unless you physically feel the media. Sitting behind a frame, you'll never tell the difference. Frame the 50 run, maybe sell the 100 run?

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

exactly.. I feel there's little difference between the print quality, unless you physically feel the media. Sitting behind a frame, you'll never tell the difference. Frame the 50 run, maybe sell the 100 run?

Good point actually. Thanks! The one is a little brighter, but not enough to dissuade me from using the other. Hmmmmm.

Chris

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I feel there's little difference between the print quality, unless you physically feel the media.

The silkscreened version will be the better one to preserve. Silk Screen inks are more lightfast (stable against UV) and so more likely to last longer.

Without seeing the other, it is more comparable to a high end ink-jet print.

You can tell the difference by running your hand over the print. The SS will have a raised surface and the ink will have a little tooth. ZY can chime in but the run of 100 is because, as an artist, the first run didn't meet his standards, rather than toss them, he sent them out as extras. The SS is the 'real print'.

IMO Stick with the SS if you have to part with one.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

The silkscreened version will be the better one to preserve. Silk Screen inks are more lightfast (stable against UV) and so more likely to last longer.
    Without seeing the other, it is more comparable to a high end ink-jet print.
    You can tell the difference by running your hand over the print. The SS will have a raised surface and the ink will have a little tooth. ZY can chime in but the run of 100 is because, as an artist, the first run didn't meet his standards, rather than toss them, he sent them out as extras. The SS is the 'real print'.
    IMO Stick with the SS if you have to part with one.

I agree with Vac. What I've done with similar items in the past is to frame the "official" print (in this case the silkscreen version), and then put the sketch (or in your case, the earlier run) behind it in the frame. That way, the good one is being shown, but the other is protected, and you always have them together. If someone is curious about the piece, you can always pull the other out from behind and you have a neat little story about it.

#224 4 years ago

#2 in the house. Thanks man. Looks outstanding!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#225 4 years ago

#22 was on porch today. Looks great have to get a frame now.

#226 4 years ago

Mine came today as well, thanks! My wife thinks it's pretty cool too. We spent about 15 minutes just identifying all of the characters and talking about how you drew them. Looking forward to getting it framed so I can spend some more time discovering everything in it.

The ZombieYeti sticker has taken it's place on my man cave fridge.

#227 4 years ago

Anyone at SDCC who's an Iron Maiden fan can grab a limited silkscreen print I was honored to do! Look for the variant - it's got glow inks
    11728890_10152902561817051_6298815860305774680_o[1].jpg

#228 4 years ago

Edit: image removed, ZY beat me to it!

Looks incredible. More fuel for the vocal minority of Maiden pinball dreamers.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Anyone at SDCC who's an Iron Maiden fan can grab a limited silkscreen print I was honored to do! Look for the variant - it's got glow inks

Drop a bomb like that, and then tell me I have to travel to San Diego to get it, that's just cruel!

#230 4 years ago

#66 showed up today! It looks GREAT! Now I can take the stack of things I need framed in all at once.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Drop a bomb like that, and then tell me I have to travel to San Diego to get it, that's just cruel!

BAM! -> Snag it online!

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

BAM! -> Snag it online!

Glad to see these are now available! Just grabbed one of the variants. Will look great lit up under black light in my gameroom.

If Stern ever does decide to do an Iron Maiden pin I think Zombie Yeti is the man for the job I can't even imagine how sweet that game would look! Maybe Stern could even figure out how to use glow in the dark inks to really make the machine pop.

#233 4 years ago

You know, if I skip work tomorrow, drive straight through, and pound a LOT of redbull, I could be in San Diego in time....

#234 4 years ago

I got #69 yesterday. This will look great on the wall in my future gameroom. Looking forward to seeing your artwork on actual machines, ZY. Thanks.

#235 4 years ago

I got #70 a few minutes ago. Looks great!

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

11728890_10152902561817051_6298815860305774680_o[1].jpg

Just bought glowing Eddie, man you are crazy talented !
    I don't know what number I am,
    because I am not a number,
    I am a free man !

#237 4 years ago

Thanks for the link! Love the poster, one thing I did just notice though is that it appears to be two... hours... to mi...dnight!

#238 4 years ago

#10 arrived on the porch today...can't wait to frame this, it's a great piece of work!

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Thanks for the link! Love the poster, one thing I did just notice though is that it appears to be two... hours... to mi...dnight!

I am the new number two.
    Who is number one ?

#240 4 years ago

Not to derail - but I snagged this guy today & am bringing it back to my lair.... so question - do I reskin it (was my original intent until I saw the condition which is decent) or just shop & keep as is?...of course I have no clue how to approach hahaa

11694742_10152972386642727_349310206326967422_n.jpg

#241 4 years ago

Holy shit, the artist bought a pinball.

We're all DOOOMED... DOOMED, I say!

Honestly, the art alone looks to be in good condition. I'd keep it as is, clean it up and play it; enjoy it. if you're REALLY set on retheming a game, you can easily get another one with all the artwork you're selling..

#242 4 years ago

Congrats on the pickup! Is this your first pin? I really don't know much about flipperless pins but it looks like it's in nice shape so I would just clean it up and play it as-is. I'd save the re-theme for something newer that's in rough shape with flippers preferably

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Holy shit, the artist bought a pinball.
    We're all DOOOMED... DOOMED, I say!
    Honestly, the art alone looks to be in good condition. I'd keep it as is, clean it up and play it; enjoy it. if you're REALLY set on retheming a game, you can easily get another one with all the artwork you're selling..

Hahaa - well that's my thought too - It's really in great shape so i hate to destroy it

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not to derail - but I snagged this guy today & am bringing it back to my lair.... so question - do I reskin it (was my original intent until I saw the condition which is decent) or just shop & keep as is?...of course I have no clue how to approach hahaa

I'd hate to see a woodrail in nice shape get lost. There are so many beater games or common games for retheming out there.

It's an odd choice for a retheme anyways, since that's a flipperless game. Not that many people will appreciate playing it.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats on the pickup! Is this your first pin? I really don't know much about flipperless pins but it looks like it's in nice shape so I would just clean it up and play it as-is. I'd save the re-theme for something newer that's in rough shape with flippers preferably

It's the first one I could afford ($100!?) Truth be told - the concept I had was perfect for the era and the 'gambling' background didn't hurt either - but now I'm thinking it's too good to screw up

#246 4 years ago

If you do want to re-theme a pin you should reach out to http://classicplayfields.com/ and see if you can do some kind of conversion kit.-that they would produce and sell. I know someone recently did a Zeppelin re-theme of a Bally Vector and a while back there was talk of a kit for Dolly Parton with a Lost Vegas theme. -don't know what ever came of it?

I'd be tempted to re-theme my Dolly Parton if there was a great Zombie Yeti kit to convert it to

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

It's the first one I could afford

Wouldn't be a problem if you'd just listen to me!

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

It's the first one I could afford ($100!?) Truth be told - the concept I had was perfect for the era and the 'gambling' background didn't hurt either - but now I'm thinking it's too good to screw up

You can't beat $100 for a pinball machine and flipperless games can be a lot of fun! Just look at the Scoregasm game that was recently released. Would be tough to justify re-theming something that rare/classic although I'm sure whatever you had in mind would have looked really cool!

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Wouldn't be a problem if you'd just listen to me!

Refresh my memory - the last 6 months have been a blur I'll assume it was about selling my body (to science, of course)?

#250 4 years ago

I dig that classic, bold art. From what I can see it looks to be in very good shape. I wouldn't re-theme it, but then I'm not a super-talented artist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 137.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    £ 75.00
    There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside