Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160902_131806 (resized).jpg
    puscifer.jpg
    aiw.png
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389b68339be9cdc9657031c091f8a9d9fad23db51.jpg
    7b0e4718e6eef42fc5014ecc2289dff487636b621.jpg
    11313406_1474570746188304_921389254_n1.jpg
    primus4up.jpg
    07fe2035d2c1e77ce414f5d72acd81f7.png
    tester.jpg
    aiw_crestDET.jpg
    alice_crest_bg.jpg
    AIWFS2.jpg
    AIWFS1.jpg
    There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you putting any effort into what orders are numbered what? I think I ordered <3mins after your first post last time before you even fixed the URL.

Yessir - always go in order of ordered you're good!

#52 8 years ago

Gotta feel good to make $3500 in a couple of hours.

Could not go to a more deserving guy.

#53 8 years ago

Crap that was fast, I was eating lunch and ordered one not knowing they would go so fast.
    Lucky again as it let me check out

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Gotta feel good to make $3500 in a couple of hours.

Wish he actually was. Leaving out the fact that it's not really a couple hours since he still has to sign and pack them all, print all the shipping labels etc, it's not like his printing was free, neither is his shipping. Not to mention because he's a good guy he's essentially eating the cost of the first print run.

First print run costs x 50
    Second print run costs x 100
    Shipping costs x 100

Just pointing that out, gross and net and all that.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Side note - if you guys want my giant 24"x36" Avengers Hulk print I did for Marvel - there are a few left here -> hero complex Gallery ... It's huge - and kinda cool if you are a nerd (which I am)

Nice job. Just ordered one of these for my grandson for his birthday next week. Are they autographed and numbered?

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Wish he actually was. Leaving out the fact that it's not really a couple hours since he still has to sign and pack them all, print all the shipping labels etc, it's not like his printing was free, neither is his shipping. Not to mention because he's a good guy he's essentially eating the cost of the first print run.
    Shipping costs x 100

tumblr_mlxakp15K61s0pj15o1_400.giftumblr_mlxakp15K61s0pj15o1_400.gif

#57 8 years ago

argh --- missed out again ! come on yeti... just make them available to anyone who wants one ... I was a AIW buyer and still can't get one... nobody will care - obviously we all love what you've done and want to support you... you lost money with john - let us all help you out here brother -

GIVE US MORE PRINTS ! I don't care about a number on it - make it out of 1000 and sell til you can sell...

What does everyone say ??? MORE YETI !!!

#58 8 years ago

Hey Jared, Jpop-related stuff has to live in the real world now!

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

argh --- missed out again ! come on yeti... just make them available to anyone who wants one ... I was a AIW buyer and still can't get one... nobody will care - obviously we all love what you've done and want to support you... you lost money with john - let us all help you out here brother -
    GIVE US MORE PRINTS ! I don't care about a number on it - make it out of 1000 and sell til you can sell...

IMHO Jeremy should consider an open edition, where he takes orders for say a couple days, then closes it, and that's the limit. Number them out of the number made. Even Mondo has done that in past.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

IMHO Jeremy should consider an open edition, where he takes orders for say a couple days, then closes it, and that's the limit. Number them out of the number made. Even Mondo has done that in past.

Great idea... My point to make to him is I know he's trying to be super respectful to everyone here so that they feel they are getting something of value... and that's appreciated and respected... I'm sure in the art world numbering is very important. Here, I think we all just want to support this guy and help him recoup and we all LOVE his work - why limit it ? I know a lot of guys who already bought said 'keep selling'.

MORE YETI !!!

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Shipping costs x 100

Luckily he was smart and charged shipping.... YETI for the win...lol

#62 8 years ago

You should color this and make actual backglasses - I know I'd be in!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I think he should just do another limited run of different artwork. There's 3 different games and I'm sure several revisions of each. I'd be in for a few different ones.

Just my 2 credits.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

And maybe a few mechs, a pf, some rails while you are at it.

#65 8 years ago

Please...put me down for the RAZA print too (if / when available).

Thanks!

#66 8 years ago

Hey all - if you missed out on AIW I will have APs (I've talked to some about this) and I might even have a few foil variants. So hang tight! I'll try to make everyone happy

And as for other prints - MG is my next goal - but I literally have a dozen versions and I'm trying to sort out the directors cut

But that probably won't happen until late in the month. Unlike some people I know, I'm going to deliver the first print before selling a second

Thanks to all!!! You are too kind!!!

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Or maybe he could make something else and hopefully you would have better luck next time.

#68 8 years ago

Damn it!! That's twice I've missed out! I need to spend more time on Pinside I guess. Grrrrr! Next time you should announce the date and time you plan to do it. That will give us all more of a shot at one!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'd be all over that as well. I think those would go crazy, and for crazy prices. Just think it he could run a mirrored backglass of it.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd be all over that as well. I think those would go crazy, and for crazy prices. Just think it he could run a mirrored backglass of it.

I'd be in for one too!

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yup, id probably buy one of those too if I was lucky enough to see it.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nelly:

Damn it!! That's twice I've missed out! I need to spend more time on Pinside I guess. Grrrrr! Next time you should announce the date and time you plan to do it. That will give us all more of a shot at one!

Don't worry. You know how these pre-order things go. I hear this zombieyeti guy is doing it all custom. He's making the paper out of an endangered spruce tree that only grows at the edge of volcanoes. The ink comes from a giant squid. The shipping tubes are made of hollowed out elephant tusks. He's breading a new kind of worm for the silk. Delivery will be by Thor, the Thunder God himself. No way he completes the project within the budget.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed. I was lucky enough to get in on the first 50, but that was all due to me randomly being on the forum at a particular time. I think that not limiting it and opening it up for a period of time so all who want the print would have a chance to get it would be great. If Yeti only wants to sign and number the first 50 or 100 that's fine (and totally understandable). Don't want the poor guy's hand to fall off after all!

Yeti makes more money. More people get to enjoy his art. Everybody wins.

Full disclosure... I admit to my stance being somewhat self serving as I don't want to miss out on any future runs of other prints that he does.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Agreed. I was lucky enough to get in on the first 50, but that was all due to me randomly being on the forum at a particular time. I think that not limiting it and opening it up for a period of time so all who want the print would have a chance to get it would be great. If Yeti only wants to sign and number the first 50 or 100 that's fine (and totally understandable). Don't want the poor guy's hand to fall off after all!
    Yeti makes more money. More people get to enjoy his art. Everybody wins.
    Full disclosure... I admit to my stance being somewhat self serving as I don't want to miss out on any future runs of other prints that he does.

That's great and I actually agree with most of what you have said but the fact is, this hobby needs to start being responsible and delivering on what they promise. That's it, its simple. Everyone knows of the many examples of this so I wont waste my time posting about it. That said, I'll give props to Spooky Pinball, stated a goal, stated a production run, delivered in a reasonable period of time. How refreshing!!

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

That's great and I actually agree with most of what you have said but the fact is, this hobby needs to start being responsible and delivering on what they promise. That's it, its simple. Everyone knows of the many examples of this so I wont waste my time posting about it. That said, I'll give props to Spooky Pinball, stated a goal, stated a production run, delivered in a reasonable period of time. How refreshing!!

Very true. Couldn't agree more!

Guess my post could apply to future runs Yeti does if nothing else.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Hey all - if you missed out on AIW I will have APs (I've talked to some about this) and I might even have a few foil variants. So hang tight! I'll try to make everyone happy
    And as for other prints - MG is my next goal - but I literally have a dozen versions and I'm trying to sort out the directors cut
    But that probably won't happen until late in the month. Unlike some people I know, I'm going to deliver the first print before selling a second
    Thanks to all!!! You are too kind!!!

Okay, I laughed.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Sorry to be a drag here but isn't that art property of Zidware?

Depends if the artist signed document transferring the copyright to zidware. If not the law says the artist holds copyright.

#78 8 years ago

Wow the one day I wasnt on the site...I need some new pinball art as the full sized autographed and (EXPENSIVELY) framed TOTAN CAD drawing is no where near as cool as it was a few months ago.

#79 8 years ago

Bummer... Missed out on both runs. Maybe on occasion (just for me) release some of the works in the evening? Say after 6pm CT

#80 8 years ago

See Yeti, us pinball folk will buy anything limited.

You could probably take a dump in a box, with artwork on the box and sign it as a 1/1

Big bucks, get creative

#81 8 years ago

Love the artwork ZombieYeti . Would be really awesome to see a pinball machine with your artwork go into production and be available .

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

See Yeti, us pinball folk will buy anything limited.
    You could probably take a dump in a box, with artwork on the box and sign it as a 1/1
    Big bucks, get creative

$10,000 and I'll even film it to verify authenticity.

$20,000 and I'll eat whatever Taco Bell you tell me for the 12 hours prior.

#83 8 years ago

OK - so here are some pics I received from some giclee tests of MG version 10034.234X Rev 345 (may not be actual version number)
    So what I did was format to fit within an 18x24 frame horizontal. If you guys like - then once I get AIW prints off I'll place the order and do a run.

MG_testbg.jpgMG_testbg.jpgmgtestCLOSE.jpgmgtestCLOSE.jpg

I know the Zidware logo might be a sting - but for historical accuracy I kinda want to keep it... or replace it with genitals which would be harder to display in the family room...

#84 8 years ago

Interesting - it's amazing how ugly all the purple LEDs behind the art makes it look. This one's color looks a LOT better than it does on the games..

Edit to ask - What is WITh that poor ugly-ass deformed rabbit?!

#85 8 years ago

... double post, darnit.

#86 8 years ago

I'd be in for a magic girl poster, especially at a similar price to the AIW one.

#87 8 years ago

Would love that MG poster. Let us know when.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting - it's amazing how ugly all the purple LEDs behind the art makes it look. This one's color looks a LOT better than it does on the games..
    Edit to ask - What is WITh that poor ugly-ass deformed rabbit?!

Deformed rabbits must have been all the rage - i have sketches of about 20-30. Varying degrees of weird to tolerable-to-view. They make an appearance on the playfield too - so you've been warned (if we ever see it)

Just some anecdotal background - I worked this up really soon after sketching BHZA backglass stuff (Concepts - not final inks & color I should say). At the same time i was doing some Harley Davidson illustrations and when i see this i see 2 things I did technically based on both of those pieces... I'll never tell what - but both things bug the sh@t out of me, fwiw

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

OK - so here are some pics I received from some giclee tests of MG version 10034.234X Rev 345 (may not be actual version number)
    So what I did was format to fit within an 18x24 frame horizontal. If you guys like - then once I get AIW prints off I'll place the order and do a run.
    MG_testbg.jpg mgtestCLOSE.jpg
    I know the Zidware logo might be a sting - but for historical accuracy I kinda want to keep it... or replace it with genitals which would be harder to display in the family room...

I would ask if I could put down a deposit to hold my place in line but people might think I am trying to make a joke. lol.

This is awesome and I want one, hope I do not miss out.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd be in for a magic girl poster, especially at a similar price to the AIW one.

They won't be more - they'll cost me more - but - I'll keep the price point the same

#91 8 years ago

Would love to buy the MG print, but any chance of shipping to Europe ?

#92 8 years ago

I'm in on one. Just let me know when it's ready.

#93 8 years ago

double post, nvm.

#94 8 years ago

I'm in for one!

#95 8 years ago

Definitely in for the MG print. I'd be interested in the AIW, too, if you decided to color it.

#96 8 years ago

Count me in for both.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Why don't you make a ZY logo? That would still be historically accurate.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

They won't be more - they'll cost me more - but - I'll keep the price point the same

I tried to tell him to charge you people more, so don't blame me for these selling out super fast too.

#99 8 years ago

Yeah, that's the one my girls would probably like and it would look great in their room too... I'm down for one (or two), definitely.

I wonder what game would retheme well to use this as a translite? Maybe you could sell a pf overlay and cabcal package if the "Hail Mary of Despair" plan completely implodes.

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zombieyeti-and-the-selling-of-art/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.