(Topic ID: 101696)

The Walking Dead ZOMBIE shooter from pinball_customs!

By pinball_customs

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by stretch2
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20150130_234351.jpg
20141230_160549.jpg
image-948.jpg
image-682.jpg
image.jpg
10801901_10205430991401015_1761675359668907309_n.jpg
image.jpg
kicker arm.jpg
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
20141027_204933.jpg
20141020_232932.jpg
20141020_232911.jpg
20141020_232845.jpg
20141020_232830.jpg

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 9 years ago

This zombie horde has passed my QA criteria and are ready to spread their infection across the globe!

20141027_204933.jpg20141027_204933.jpg
#153 9 years ago

Thanks!!

These have all shipped, thanks to the early adopters for their patience. All caught up now.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Thanks!!
These have all shipped, thanks to the early adopters for their patience. All caught up now.

Not yet ...just about to place order now... So excited

#155 9 years ago

....and sent!

Nicest one I've seen yet. Blows Sterns away!

#156 9 years ago

These have all shipped

Awesome...

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Nicest one I've seen yet. Blows Sterns away!

Thanks man, I try my best to offer the best shooters around.

Often imitated, never duplicated.

#158 9 years ago

I will post an installed picture when mine arrives - Have to put on our PinBlades too

#159 9 years ago

Ordered those are awesome

#160 9 years ago

starting a new batch this weekend.

#161 9 years ago

Mine arrived today. Made my secretary gasp. Looks amazing. Can't recommend it enough.

#162 9 years ago

Excellent! Thank you at the post office right now shipping more!

#163 9 years ago

Excellent! Thank you at the post office right now shipping more!

I bet you one of those is mine

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I bet you one of those is mine

You would be correct

#165 9 years ago

Any idea when one was shipped to me - has not arrived yet FYI... thanks

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Any idea when one was shipped to me - has not arrived yet FYI... thanks

yeah, me too! I ordered one a couple of weeks ago.

#167 9 years ago

both orders should be in your hands this week sometime, guys.

#168 9 years ago

Just got mine,very nice and you are very talented, don't hesitate to deal with Brock,very easy transaction and a great
Price for a great quality merchandise
Thanks again
Roger

#169 9 years ago

Thanks for the praise, Roger! Let me know if you need any more help

- Brock

#170 9 years ago

Last call for this round.. Need to move on to new shooters.

#171 9 years ago

Just sent payment for one!

#172 9 years ago

First person to post a photo of this shooter on their TWD game gets $10 off their next order.

Actually I like that idea for a promo.. going forward, this applies to all my new shooter rods.

Cheers

- B

#173 9 years ago

You are the best in the biz Brock. Stern should have come to you for their shooter rod mod needs.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You are the best in the biz Brock. Stern should have come to you for their shooter rod mod needs.

Thanks for the kind words, brother.

I'd be more than happy to work with Stern if they ever offer.

Unfortunately Steve Ritchie told me they don't accept ANY outside designs whatsoever. My only hope is that my designs reach Gary and the team some other way (word of mouth, social media, etc.). Or I'll throw a bunch of them in Gary's face at a pinball show down the road lol

#175 9 years ago

First person to post a photo of this shooter on their TWD game gets $10 off their next order.
Actually I like that idea for a promo.. going forward, this applies to all my new shooter rods.
Cheers
- B

If mine arrives today, I'mma win this thing!

#176 9 years ago

Cheers
- B

If mine ever arrives I will be happy to take a picture

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

If mine ever arrives I will be happy to take a picture

If yours isn't there today I'll be very surprised!

#178 9 years ago

$10 for first LE pic and $10 for first Pro pic? I'm at work now but when I get home I can snap a shot of the LE with it installed

#179 9 years ago

If yours isn't there today I'll be very surprised!

If it is not here today you owe me $10 off future purchase cause I would have won this

Bump for Badass shooter

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

$10 for first LE pic and $10 for first Pro pic?

Heh.. naw, just one of the two games will suffice.

#181 9 years ago

Payment sent. These look terrific, my wife will love it on her TWDLE! Now where are those fingers...?

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

Payment sent. These look terrific, my wife will love it on her TWDLE! Now where are those fingers...?

Someone just posted that the boney fingers are a no go on the LE, because the crossbow would hit them. That's a shame, but at least they'll work for the Pro.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Someone just posted that the boney fingers are a no go on the LE, because the crossbow would hit them. That's a shame, but at least they'll work for the Pro.

Thanks for letting me know. That is a shame indeed

#184 9 years ago

Boom, $10 off for me

IMG_1220.JPGIMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPGIMG_1221.JPG

#185 9 years ago

One thing I will note here is I think Stern changed the size of their shooter rods. This doesn't really fit in my machine. It was a tight fit to get it in, I pretty much had to pound it in. So I used some grease which seemed to help but still too tight. So you can't really use it as a shooter rod, because of the tight fit it barly plunges the ball, but it looks really cool!

#186 9 years ago

It was a tight fit to get it in, I pretty much had to pound it in. So I used some grease which seemed to help but still too tight.

Caution: double entendre!

#187 9 years ago

One thing I will note here is I think Stern changed the size of their shooter rods. This doesn't really fit in my machine. It was a tight fit to get it in, I pretty much had to pound it in. So I used some grease which seemed to help but still too tight. So you can't really use it as a shooter rod, because of the tight fit it barly plunges the ball, but it looks really cool!

I sure hope that is not the case - counting on using it, that's why I ordered it

#188 9 years ago

Yeah that doesn't make any sense... I don't get why they would change the size of the shooter

Ryan, did you take the shooter out of the game? If so try it in Xmen or something to confirm

#189 9 years ago

One thing I will note here is I think Stern changed the size of their shooter rods. This doesn't really fit in my machine. It was a tight fit to get it in, I pretty much had to pound it in. So I used some grease which seemed to help but still too tight. So you can't really use it as a shooter rod, because of the tight fit it barley plunges the ball ...

Shooter rods have been the same diameter for decades. I'd be shocked if Stern suddenly decided to go with a different size. There must be some other explanation.

#190 9 years ago

I just measured an old and new shooter from my inventory, they're the same size -- 3/8" diameter.

I get my blanks from PBL, same as everyone else. Very curious what's going on here.

Anyone else try theirs yet?

#191 9 years ago

Yeah that doesn't make any sense... I don't get why they would change the size of the shooter
Ryan, did you take the shooter out of the game? If so try it in Xmen or something to confirm

This is probably a Stern cost cutting measure because recently I noticed the auto plunger kicker arm on an IMVE looked awfully thin compared to other Sterns I have had before such as TSPP, LOTR, SM and Tron. I mean it works just fine but visibly you can tell the metal was thinner.

kicker arm.jpgkicker arm.jpg
#192 9 years ago

Ok I tested a few of this round of shooters in my Iron Man and they're definitely binding. I compared a new shooter with an older one in my inventory and notice this new batch from PBL is way less polished. Thankfully a couple rounds of Novus and a rag solved the issue. Whew!

So if anyone else has any binding problems, I suggest.. Well.. That you buff your rod rather vigorously.

I'll post a video of one I just did to show the difference

I apologize for the hassle, gang. I'll give these a good rogering before sending them out from now on.

#193 9 years ago

Ok I tested a few of this round of shooters in my Iron Man and they're definitely binding. I compared a new shooter with an older one in my inventory and notice this new batch from PBL is way less polished. Thankfully a couple rounds of Novus and a rag solved the issue. Whew!
So if anyone else has any binding problems, I suggest.. Well.. That you buff your rod rather vigorously.
I'll post a video of one I just did to show the difference
I apologize for the hassle, gang. I'll give these a good rogering before sending them out from now on.

Thanks for letting us know how to fix it. I thought maybe I got the one in a million that was defective. Now I greased mine up good with lithium grease when it didn't fit. How do I get that grease off to add the novus?? And did you use novus one or novus two?

#194 9 years ago

Just wipe the grease off with a rag and then Novus it. The solvent in the novus should do the rest. Novus 2 for sure.. novus 1 is almost like a glass cleaner, only good for plastics really.

Don't forget to clean all that grease out of the housing with a Q-tip.

#195 9 years ago

Just wife the grease off with a rag and then Novus it. The solvent in the novus should do the rest. Novus 2 for sure.. novus 1 is almost like a glass cleaner, only good for plastics really.
Don't forget to clean all that grease out of the housing with a Q-tip.

Thanks man, and bump.

#196 9 years ago

I don't own a Walking Dead but man this is badass. Good job on doing this.

#197 9 years ago

I got mine in the mail last Friday and my son and I just love it. It'll be a while before I can install it, but well done!

Greg

#198 9 years ago

Do you still have one left? If so, I'll take one.
Jim

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do you still have one left? If so, I'll take one.
Jim

Done and done. I'll be finishing this round up this weekend, so let me know now if anyone else wants one!

- B

#200 9 years ago

Well I sanded and polished mine and now it works perfect!
Thanks again Brock!

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zombies-soon-from-pinball_customs/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.