12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Started looking for an Em a while back to retheme and picked up an old bally ROGO on the cheap $150 (craigslist can rock) Backglass is flaking and cracked, playfield very worn, under wiring hacked to hell and back, but it plays and works well.
    My original plan was to start with a cab, transformer, relay board and scoring mechs and rebuild from ground up, starting with new whitewood and existing populations rearranged to my personal flow preferances. Build up the cab sides for more depth, add ramps and subs, throw in bridge rectifiers on critical coils for more kick to move the ball up ramps, add all my favorite features, lose the ones I don't care for and end up with an uber cool one of a kind personalized pin from hell. Kicked around a few theme ideas and was set to go with a Ren & Stimpy theme but got Vetoed by my girlfriend and kids in favor of a zombie pin. This was before I found out someone else is doing one HECK of a zombie pin too, but oh well, can't afford that one, so now I am building "Zombacalypse"
    Lots of cool ideas and possibilities, but still in first whitewood stage and open to any ideas from our community of creative experts.
    Anyone know of a good transparency print media for a wide format epson printer using the ultrachrome k3 inksets? Will make custom plastics, translite, and insert decals here @ home if I can find decent materials.

10 months later
    #2 11 years ago

For printing I would talk to your local Print Shop.
    Most printers can print an image directly on vinyl so you can apply it to your new playfield.
    The backglass can probably be printed on plexi or lexan.

Check out Betelgeuse custom GhostBusters pin:
    http://tristatechapter.com/arcade/ghostbusters/ghostbusters.html

#3 11 years ago

Sounds cool. Keep us posted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zombie-pin-retheme-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.