(Topic ID: 60176)

Zombie Adventureland on location - price?

By Pinballmike217

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm just toying with the idea of putting a Zombie Adventureland on location someday. At $1.00 a play it's just not viable for an op.

How much would you pay to play this title on location?

#2 10 years ago

I would certainly pay $1.00. I think a lot of pinheads would if not more, I dont think $1 would go over well with the general public, but maybe if you had a sign or plaque explaining the details of the game justifying a higher price per play.

#3 10 years ago

To me, that just sounds like a very bad idea, for many reasons.

#4 10 years ago

That would be the last thing I would do.

More power to you if you do it.

#5 10 years ago

If you got yours before I got mine I would pay more than $1.00 to play it Heck my local arcade charges .75 cents for ac/dc premium.... RAZA is a 10k game that many will likely never get to play.

#6 10 years ago

If it's everything it is shaping up to be, people will be lining up to play it just like the WOZ reports, with even less of them out there. Name your price.

#7 10 years ago

Yeah I mean, I love pinball, and have traveled all over the Northeast to play games on location ive never played before, like a Big Bang Bar and Kingpin at the NPM when it was in DC as well as other locations, I gave that example because those games have the same rarity that a BHZA will have, so if i heard there was one on location in the NE...i might plan a nice little weekend trip to that area to check it out.

#8 10 years ago

Just charge .50, and set it up difficult. Open up the outlanes.

#9 10 years ago

$2.00 per play

(That way you could pay for a bouncer to stand next to it)

#10 10 years ago

Don't tempt me...
Even at $10 a game, won't be much compared to the plane ticket

#11 10 years ago

If I put mine out there, I would be charging premium dollars, no question. I'd rather charge twice the money and have it played half as much, then charge too little and watch it get beat to hell.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

$2.00 per play
(That way you could pay for a bouncer to stand next to it)

At $2.00 per play it would make sense for an op to put a Zombie Adventureland on location. If enough people think that's reasonable it just might happen.

I don't know if the software will even include pricing since this machine is targeted for home use.

On location it would have to have a bill accepter. How does one game for $2, 3 games/$5 sound?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I don't know if the software will even include pricing since this machine is targeted for home use.

I specifically asked this question to jpop. It is being made to operator spec, with full audits, etc. Even though hardly any will be used that way, it needs to be seen as a real pinball machine.

#14 10 years ago

At $2.00 per play it would make sense for an op to put a Zombie Adventureland on location. If enough people think that's reasonable it just might happen.
On location it would have to have a bill accepter. How does one game for $2, 3 games/$5 sound?

I think this is where I would price it at first. You can always adjust down if necessary.

#15 10 years ago

Just sounds like a bad idea to me. Super rare, expensive, and yet, just another pinball at the end of the day. You get all the downsides of it being on route, but with the average public not really caring and certainly not paying a super inflated price.

#16 10 years ago

1 for $2
3 for $5

and I would likely play it a bunch and drive a reasonable distance to seek it out.

#17 10 years ago

Games here are often 2 bucks a game

#18 10 years ago

But how do you prevent people from spilling beer on it, scratching the cabinet, etc. Build a fence around it with a security gate?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

But how do you prevent people from spilling beer on it, scratching the cabinet, etc. Build a fence around it with a security gate?

You don't, but picking the right location would help.

#21 10 years ago

If one was near me I would dump in $50 at 2 a play over the course of a week or two easily.

Or if I wait long enough maybe I will get a chance to play one locally.

#22 10 years ago

Pinball machines are meant to be on location.

If I was buying this game I would put it on location.
I think that it is great that you are considering putting it on the street.
It will probably earn well, people will seek it out.

#23 10 years ago

that is the standard price to play a sited pin in Aus, $2 for one game and if your lucky 3 games for $5.

If I saw it sited I would chuck in $5-$10 straight just to experience it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Pinball machines are meant to be on location.

If I was buying this game I would put it on location.
I think that it is great that you are considering putting it on the street.
It will probably earn well, people will seek it out.

That is what I would do.

LTG : )

#25 10 years ago

Shoot here games are usually a dollar or more anyway. I bet you could do a buck fifty and get away with it just like on the apron card could say why 1 game cost more and the rareness of it.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You don't, but picking the right location would help.

This is my arcade:

http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

It is there to cater to pinheads and to promote pinball to new players. There is a no food/drink rule in the gameroom and people generally observe it. Little kids are tough, but for the most part it has been pretty good.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that is the standard price to play a sited pin in Aus, $2 for one game and if your lucky 3 games for $5.
If I saw it sited I would chuck in $5-$10 straight just to experience it.

I'm curious. Is that for new games or are the WPC games that price also?

I have ACDC Premium @ $1 per play,$5/6, $10/13, $15/20, $20/28, and WPT at $.75, $2/3, but have all of the WPCs @ $.50. This is in a neighborhood bar in the DC area. In the right place $2 a game would not be out of the question.

I have noticed that in Europe the games are consistently priced higher than what I see in the US.

#28 10 years ago

I do think it is a shame that so few people will see this game when done. I am an owner, it will be in my basement arcade, I have people over regularly and will host league nights, but its not the same as being open to the public.

So I commend your thinking. Just price it to what makes sense. A "special attraction" pin can be a big deal.

#29 10 years ago

This is my arcade:
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/
It is there to cater to pinheads and to promote pinball to new players. There is a no food/drink rule in the gameroom and people generally observe it. Little kids are tough, but for the most part it has been pretty good.

Wow! Nice lineup. I will be in MA soon for a month and will try to make it out to your location. Maybe to your monthly tournament.

#30 10 years ago

I would pay $2.00 Mike!!! Better than paying $10,000 and waiting 20 years for it.........or whatever you guys paid.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

I'm curious. Is that for new games or are the WPC games that price also?
I have ACDC Premium @ $1 per play,$5/6, $10/13, $15/20, $20/28, and WPT at $.75, $2/3, but have all of the WPCs @ $.50. This is in a neighborhood bar in the DC area. In the right place $2 a game would not be out of the question.
I have noticed that in Europe the games are consistently priced higher than what I see in the US.

$2 definitely for a new Stern
$1-$2 for a restored / refurbished 90's Bally / WMS depending on the operator - more commonly $2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zombie-adventureland-on-location-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.