Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bsoder52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail2 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Picked up a used Zizzle POTC pin for Christmas gift and all the LED's were working. But now the blue one to the far left of the group of five in the mid center of the playfield will not illuminate. I have taken off the bottom of the pin to get access. This LED is like nothing I have seen before. It looks like it has it's own little PCB on it, as do each LED's in the game.
    Anyway to test, repair or find a replacement LED for this? ..hopefully before Christmas?
    Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

just unsolder and solder in a new one, pay attention to the direction of the "anvil" so you get the polarity correct. had to replace several of them in a couple zizzles. "anvil" being the shape of the metal inside the LED itself, kinda |_/| , if you look very closely. 5mm water clear wide angle (x-color) if you can get them, but the dome tops are ok too. find them ebay or amazon.

a little easier said than done, they dont give much of anything for wire length. I've snipped them, stripped them 1/8" to solder connect back in and a dab of hot glue to re-insulate it.

http://www.amazon.com/250V-Momentary-Button-Orange-Arcade/dp/B008MU2THC/ref=sr_1_4

http://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Games-250V-Momentary-Button/dp/B008MU2UWG/ref=sr_1_9

is the type arcade buttons you'll need for good fit and performance, some drilling required. theres also possibility of finding higher quality-capacity momentary switches for mounting on the existing pcb's in the stock button assemblies. wimpy flipper button switches was zizzle killer #1

#3 9 years ago

Do you have a shaker motor in yours?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

just unsolder and solder in a new one, pay attention to the direction of the "anvil" so you get the polarity correct. had to replace several of them in a couple zizzles. "anvil" being the shape of the metal inside the LED itself, kinda |_/| , if you look very closely. 5mm water clear wide angle (x-color) if you can get them, but the dome tops are ok too. find them ebay or amazon.
    a little easier said than done, they dont give much of anything for wire length. I've snipped them, stripped them 1/8" to solder connect back in and a dab of hot glue to re-insulate it.
    amazon.com link »
    amazon.com link »
    is the type arcade buttons you'll need for good fit and performance, some drilling required. theres also possibility of finding higher quality-capacity momentary switches for mounting on the existing pcb's in the stock button assemblies. wimpy flipper button switches was zizzle killer #1

No shaker motor in this one (was that guy joking?)..lol
    Thanks for the reply but your two links are to flipper buttons, not the LED's I seek.

#6 9 years ago

yup, you can also find assortments of 10 in each color about the same price. time-wise definitely try to buy from a seller here in the USA. C-LED is who I remember.

and yup to those links being for much better flipper buttons, you'll know why pretty quick!

#8 9 years ago

Sometimes you can put Mexican jumping beans in a zizzle to simulate a shaker mortar.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #9 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

ebay.com link » 50pcs 3mm Red Yellow Green Blue White Led Assortment Kit 10pcs Per Color 3049
    ebay.com link » 25x Round 5mm Blue Led Diffused Lens Kit Assortment Pack T 1 3 4 25pcs Usa
    cool lookin..
    ebay.com link » Pirates Caribbean Jack Sparrow Logo Model Display Decor Ornament A379

Thanks. Your second link worked to the blue ones, which are what I need.

#10 9 years ago

was kinda bummed C-led.com didnt have assortment sample packs like they did a year ago was really nice, 10 each of 6 colors in 5mm was only 3-4 bucks, really handy repairing-modding things. 3rd link is about a perfect topper for zizzle potc. theres lots of easy quick mods for appearance and playability, bone stock they're definite drain-monsters!

3 years later
    #11 5 years ago

I recently got a marvel zizzle. Can someone point me to a walkthrough on replacing flipper buttons once I buy these above?

4 months later
    #12 5 years ago

Hi all, new the board. Just picked up a zizzle toy pinball game for the kids, but have to admit it's pretty fun once I installed aftermarket buttons for the flippers. I'm looking to replace a burn out blue LED on the playing field. I have the LEDs mentioned about in this post, but I'm a little weary to start cutting wires as it's all daisy chained and i don't really know what I'm doing. I can solder a little bit, cut and stripe wires, insulated with hot glue...but which wires to cut, use the existing platform the current led is mounted to, etc...which is the ground? why are there four wires? (2 for led and 1 for ground no? )just don't know. Here are a couple pics. If anyone can help me with some tips I'd appreciate it big time! Thanks much.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail2 (resized).jpgthumbnail2 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Still looking for help on this one if anyone has replaced LEDs in a Zizzle toy pinball?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zizzle-potc-led-out-replacements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.