Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KillerQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Superman (resized).png
IMG_20160917_140929.jpg
IMG_20160918_151218.jpg
IMG_20160917_135654.jpg
Screenshot_20160902-114944 (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Hey All,

I have the chance to buy a Original release Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man's Chest 3/4 scale Zizzle machine (my friend won it in a Disney contest that was promoting the movie). It's in great condition, and he's asking $200 for it.

I'd like to buy one of these machines and mod it, and I'd gladly pay $100 for it - I'm just hesitant about forking over $200....

Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt!

#2 2 years ago

I will sell you mine for $500, would be crazy to take less!
But seriously, I got mine for $50 in fine condition. Dropped another $40 into it for parts (replaced the "rubbers", replaced the crap flipper buttons, and added a center post) and I still do not think it is worth more than $50... My kids much prefer playing the regular kids machines to the zizzle.
Oh also they are impossible to level and hitting the ramp is damn near impossible.

#3 2 years ago

Do you own any pins?

#4 2 years ago

I paid $50 for mine, took it apart and started to upgrade, and it still sits apart because it's a pain to play. You can't hit the ramp, scoring is weird, and the 7 real pins sitting near it are way more fun. If you have no other pins and/or have kids that would enjoy it, it may be worth the $100 to you. Mine is a Marvel and it seems the Pirates is a bit more rare, but I think they're all the same game with different decoration.

#5 2 years ago

My daughter has a zPOTC version we paid $89 for NIB at Best Buy. IIRC they were like $399ish and I don't think they sold any. BB marked them down to $99 and we had a 10% off coupon so we picked one up. Not sure what the value is now, but $50 seems about right.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the info, guys.

I own a bunch of modern (and vintage) Pachinko machines, but no Actual pins.

I've been playing PinballFX VR on my Oculus Rift with a pinball controller and that has given me the bug to tinker...untill I can shell out a bunch for a decent modern pin.

#7 2 years ago

Killer, save the $$ and buy a real pin

#8 2 years ago

Save up and buy a cheap, working EM machine for a few hundred. Even a basic EM will play exponentially better than a zPOTC. There's a Zizzle for sale locally around the same price and I wouldn't consider picking it up unless they said it was going to be on the curb for free (and it still better be working for me to consider grabbing it).

#9 2 years ago

dont buy it unless youre a fan of potc
better save up for a real pin
i had one and it sucks its a kids toy
maybe in 50 years its worth money, but then you have to store it.

now put this out of youre head and go buy a real pin, killer!
realy best advice we can give

#10 2 years ago

$200 max, as long as it's in full working order.

I've seen one on my local craigslist for sale at $35 for several weeks now, and the ad keeps getting renewed.

#11 2 years ago

I have the Marvel version of the Zizzle that I keep in my office at work. It is cheap but does the job for a quick pinball fix. I have a running challenge for anyone that ups the high score they get their name on the board and $20. Needless to say it gets played a lot.

#12 2 years ago

$20

It's not worth paying that much if you want a real pinball experience. They feel and play like shit. This is what Jpoop was able to accomplish without Williams....Zizzle was a cautionary tale!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Save up and buy a cheap, working EM machine for a few hundred. Even a basic EM will play exponentially better than a zPOTC. There's a Zizzle for sale locally around the same price and I wouldn't consider picking it up unless they said it was going to be on the curb for free (and it still better be working for me to consider grabbing it).

This is a good suggestion. A good working game can be found around $500. If you want to work on something, you can usually get an EM for the same price as a Zizzle. I paid less than a hundred dollars for each of my 2 EMs.

#14 2 years ago

I had a few of these before I got my first real pin. Not worth the bother. Luckily for me some people on eBay were willing to pay $300+ For something I paid $50-60 for so it funded my first real games unexpectedly!

#15 2 years ago

$0. Avoid it! Unless you want to use it as a project.. It's maybe worth $50 but really just gonna take up space

#16 2 years ago

Uggghh...

OK, I'm over it... I'd rather pay $300 for a 1975 EM that will really get me hooked....

I'll report back!

#17 2 years ago

It's a turd so great call. I got one as a gift for my nephew but it was so bad I didn't have it in me to give it as a gift.

1 week later
#18 2 years ago

Still no luck on my first machine...

but, it kills me to see this: milwaukee.craigslist.org link

$25...ugg, wish it was closer. Maybe someone else can grab for their kids or something...I figure i'd share...

The hunt hunt for a real pin in my budget near Detroit, MI continues......(begin theme music now....)

#19 2 years ago

$0.
The owner should pay you to pick it up.

#20 2 years ago

I wouldn't go anywhere near $200 for one even if it were fully working.

You can check out akm's video of this.

He told me he ended up trashing it.

#21 2 years ago

I commented on the above video review.
Even though the poster only paid $40 for this "toy" on CL, he actually threw the game OUT.
He did not "fold it up" (which cannot be done anyway) or decide to put it into storage.

It is just plain BAD, BAD, BAD.
It is NOT a proper pinball machine.
You literally have to wrench the machine back and forth to play.
Makes the home use machines from Bally in the 70s look like pure gold.

#22 2 years ago

FFAAIILLL!

Screenshot_20160902-114944 (resized).png

#23 2 years ago

I can see the marketing slogan now, "Looks like a real pinball machine!"

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from KillerQ:

Still no luck on my first machine...
but, it kills me to see this: milwaukee.craigslist.org link
$25...ugg, wish it was closer. Maybe someone else can grab for their kids or something...I figure i'd share...
The hunt hunt for a real pin in my budget near Detroit, MI continues......(begin theme music now....)

I already emailed him and told him that it's worth so much more and I have $350 cash-in-hand.

Do you think anyone would complain if someone video-recorded themselves throwing a Zizzle off a rooftop?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Do you think anyone would complain if someone video-recorded themselves throwing a Zizzle off a rooftop?

Isn't that step #1 in the instructions ?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I already emailed him and told him that it's worth so much more and I have $350 cash-in-hand.

only if its not on fire, then i would complain!

2 weeks later
#27 2 years ago

Wow... To think just a few weeks ago, I was pricing out Zizzle machines... What was I thinking!?

I picked this bad-boy up as my first machine, and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the intervention!

IMG_20160917_135654.jpg

IMG_20160918_151218.jpg

IMG_20160917_140929.jpg

#28 2 years ago

Much better !! Congrats!

#29 2 years ago

Awesome. We probably should have told you this before, but these things multiply like rabbits. Be prepared to get rid of your washer/dryer, stove and bed to make room for more.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from KillerQ:

Wow... To think just a few weeks ago, I was pricing out Zizzle machines... What was I thinking!?
I picked this bad-boy up as my first machine, and I couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the intervention!

Well played.

#31 2 years ago

Thanks! I already confirmed with my wife that the kids don't need beds now. So there's plenty of room for more machines

#32 2 years ago

Damn, that's a fortunate turn of events! Congrats on getting a real pin!!!

Also, good work Pinside. We prevented the evil Zizzle from trying to shrink our hobby by turning off new members. Off to the next battle!

Superman (resized).png

#33 2 years ago

Yeah, that's much better! System 3 machines are built like a tank!

#34 2 years ago

Congratulations to the OP on being mentioned in Coast2Coast pinball episode 230, and on your new game!

#35 2 years ago

Best hobby ever.

#36 2 years ago

Nice choice! That's a fun one, especially with kids in the house.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice choice! That's a fun one, especially with kids in the house.

Yes, absolutely! Both kids are pitchers for Fed Travel teams, so they earned it!

Thanks!

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Congratulations to the OP on being mentioned in Coast2Coast pinball episode 230, and on your new game!

Haha, thanks... I just listened! Wahoo!

#39 2 years ago

I had one, when I wanted a pinball machine. I bought for $75. The first game, I immediately went up on Craigslist and bought a High Speed pinball machine. I finally traded the "zizzle" POTC for a gumball machine, lol. The guy I traded was all excited about it. I was happy, he was happy, win, win.

#40 2 years ago

Wow, talk about a great ending! And also a beginning, because all of us know where this will go.

#41 2 years ago

Fun fact:

Frank Thomas was listed as a creditor when Gottlieb went tits up. I'm guessing he never got paid for this masterpiece!

1 month later
#42 2 years ago

Great move buying a real machine!

BTW I just bought a Pirates Zizzle machine today. I paid $100 for it......but I bought it to put in a small local charity auction. I didn't think anyone at this auction would want to deal with a real machine so I picked this up.

It works fine.....but I will tweak it before the auction.

#43 2 years ago

Thanks! I'm sure they'll appreciate the Machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Harleysville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside