New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 140830)

Zippy's new gameroom *UPDATE*

By zippydapinhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sed6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    003.jpg
    002.jpg
    001.jpg

#1 5 years ago

You may remember back in April I pulled a little prank
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-incredible-storage-unit-score-holy-st
    Turned out those were my pins in storage as I was staging my house for sale.
    Well it took a while, but am in my new digs now and just starting to put the gameroom together.

001.jpg

Nice size room. My lovely lady decided on a grey ceiling, blue walls and white trim.
    Total mess right now but should come together quite nicely. Gonna be a while till I can get back to working on it (I have to build a fence before the rains hit) but I will try to post some progress pics as I go.

002.jpg
    003.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Looks nice! Congrats

#3 5 years ago

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more pics.

#4 5 years ago

Yes, and the address, and times we can come play...and when does the Beer arrive?...just kidding, great start!
    ...when DOES the Beer arrive?

#5 5 years ago

Very nice! If you ever consider parting with that Cheyenne please keep me in mind, I've been looking for one for a while.

#6 5 years ago

good sized space congrats!!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Very nice! If you ever consider parting with that Cheyenne please keep me in mind, I've been looking for one for a while.

I was looking for one for a long time too, and it cost me a bit, but it has the upgrade with all the Exidy shooters on the board, and came with new side art. Not leaving any time soon, I'm thinkin', but will keep it in mind, tho the shipping to Texas would be spendy, that SOB is F'n HEAVY.

#9 5 years ago

Very nice. Nice big room and a supportive partner. Sometimes I wonder if I like building and tweaking the gameroom more than the games in it.

#10 5 years ago

Nice sized room. Enjoy

#11 5 years ago

Looking Good, Zippy!

#12 5 years ago

Sweet to live your dreams!! Sharing is even better... thanks!

You got me thinking outside the pinball box now.....What are your top arcade machines you and others have the most fun?

Hey Zippy, how about a top 100 video arcade games?

#13 5 years ago

Don't really have a lot of arcades just what's on that wall. Mostly a pin guy. The crane machine was a housewarming gift for my sweetie. She's a sucker for the things, can't go past one in the store without dropping a buck or two in.

#14 5 years ago

I put some rgb led strips in my lady's brother's place and she suggested doing them in the game room here, so I added a bit of extra crown molding with a small lip and started stringing them up today. Looks sweet, but I ran out before I finished.
    Pics when the rest of the LEDs show up.
    These ceilings are not as high as my last place, had to modify Black Knight's topper a bit, but it fits.

#15 5 years ago

Plugging in everything and seeing what mayhem happened during storage and moving. Black knight has a ball lock issue, Moon flight has a reset issue, and F-14's spinner broke off somehow. Otherwise coming along...

1 month later
    #16 4 years ago

Getting closer to finishing. The LED's along the ceiling turned out nice. Can't see them in the pics tho, I'll see if I can post a vid...

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

#17 4 years ago

Awesome. Now start building the addition. lol

#18 4 years ago

Quick walkthrough...

#19 4 years ago

Now to schedule the party!

#21 4 years ago

Nice!!

#22 4 years ago

Holy shit dude sweet! That's a way more legit game room space than you had before. Jelly...

#23 4 years ago

Yea. Much better. Slow going tho.

#24 4 years ago

Super neat crane game! So many of them are too large, your has a smaller footprint than a vid. Can you tell me more about it? I see it's acme crane, who's the mfgr?

#25 4 years ago

It is a pretty sweet crane, along with the smaller footprint, it has a couple neat features. It has a spinner control to spin the claw as it is dropping anyway you want, the claw is air compressor powered with adjustable tension. The base has opto sensors and automatically raises or lowers depending on how full it is. In attract mode it can with optos, grab and drop items, to fluff the stuffies. Comes in a full size as well. Made by Benchmark.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

2 weeks later
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

It is a pretty sweet crane, along with the smaller footprint, it has a couple neat features. It has a spinner control to spin the claw as it is dropping anyway you want, the claw is air compressor powered with adjustable tension. The base has opto sensors and automatically raises or lowers depending on how full it is. In attract mode it can with optos, grab and drop items, to fluff the stuffies. Comes in a full size as well. Made by Benchmark.
    IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg

Sweet, thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.95
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 11.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 64.99
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,295.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 218.00
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside