11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I was driving around Streamwood on garbage day and saw someone had set out about 20 whitewood cut playfields and thought to myself "I wonder what that's about?".

Shoulda stopped and picked them up, judging from this thread they were worth at least $60,000.

#53 1 year ago

Problem is someone will buy it, sell a few pieces at premium prices and the next thing you know it will get reproduced to sell to the masses and then that premium prized piece is now worth a fraction of what he paid up for. Believe I know, been there and done that.

John

#54 1 year ago

No AIW or Pussycat Bowling stuff?

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Problem is someone will buy it, sell a few pieces at premium prices and the next thing you know it will get reproduced to sell to the masses and then that premium prized piece is now worth a fraction of what he paid up for. Believe I know, been there and done that.
John

ie, like a Bigfoot backglass?

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If turner were smart, he’d realize that pursuing this any further is completely moronic and will ruin his life.

If Turner was smart, he never would've gone into business with RM in the first place.

If Turner was smart, he wouldn't have bought all the remaining DR assets.

If Turner was smart, he wouldn't have purchased all the DR/Zidware IP.

I could keep going...

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If Turner was smart, he never would've gone into business with RM in the first place.

Robert paid Turner's company at least three million dollars for writing pinball software.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If Turner was smart, he wouldn't have bought all the remaining DR assets.
If Turner was smart, he wouldn't have purchased all the DR/Zidware IP.
I could keep going...

You had better stop. Turner was smart.

#59 1 year ago

You can see where so much money and time was wasted. Doing too much, constantly just changing what had been done, doodling and tinkering, never finishing anything.

Unfortunately all of those cabinets are non standard which kills the value, don’t work with standard glass and then if you get custom glass you can’t get it in or off if there is a shooter rod. Unfortunately John’s vision made much of this worthless.

Too bad they did not get this stuff a few of months ago, probably could of sold a lot of it at expo.

Lots of old playfields where jpop ”got his ideas from” good for wall hangings.

There is clearly some money in this, hard to know how much, regardless effort to handle it all would be significant.

Hopefully they find a way to turn this trash into treasure to get some money back.

#60 1 year ago

Pinball Donut Girl????

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

ie, like a Bigfoot backglass?

That's just ONE of many here, but yes your right.

John

#62 1 year ago

I put an offer in of $30,000 six weeks ago, so since I was first I guess I still have the high bid.
Terry.

#63 1 year ago

Maybe we need to send it all to the Captains Auction

#64 1 year ago

I offered (via the plaintiffs' lawyer) to help organize and catalog all the items for auction at no charge (OK, for only a limited amount of time). Their lawyer said, "No thanks, we really want to sell it in one lot". I explained that the more work that was put in up front, the larger the reward would be on the back end. A bunch of poorly documented *crap* in a storage space somewhere in the middle of nowhere has only a moderate amount of value; show a few people the space, grill them for their best price, and let the chips fall where they may.
For the buyer to maximize a return on this, uh, treasure, a lot of work needs to be done. Just about anyone can do it, there's no magic involved, only work. All the parts need to be identified, photographied, categorized and made available to the world with worldwide shipping available, and not for just the small items. The larger items (read: cabinets and playfields) also need to be made available/ shippable to the world.
As for auctions, if there are any lessons to be learned, look at how the Deeproot auction was handled. Lazy. Lazy sums it up. Example: Lot #37 - All boxes on this shelf. WHAT? What's in the boxes? No clue was given. Only I knew what was in the boxes. How? I recognized the boxes I had sold them. I was able to buy back the parts PBL sold them for pennies on the dollar. If more effort had been put into the preparation of the sale/auction, 3 times the revenue could have been realized. But the auction house was lazy; bad pictures of the lots, bad descriptions of the lots, offered no help shipping winning lots to the winners, etc, etc.
So, my offer from 6 weeks ago that I officially made to the plaintiffs' lawyer for $30,000 still stands. Is it worth more than that? Only if I do the work.
Anyone else who wants to up the bid and do the work, can. That's simply how it works. There is, however, only so much ROI to be had. IMHO, that's the high end of what it's worth before all the work is done. If someone/place takes it for more I won't feel bad.
I personally know several of the plaintiffs in this case, and they all deserve to get a maximum return in their quest for justice. To maximize their return on these storage units they need a person within the group who has the time and willingness to step up and create a website, or list all the items individually on Ebay, or some equivalent. Then finally, pack each part up and ship it anywhere in the world. It can be done.
Terry.

#65 1 year ago

Any update on this? Curious how long before they take the high bid?

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Any update on this? Curious how long before they take the high bid?

Watch for Pinball News follow up.

#67 1 year ago

What a load of junk. You could pay a decent artist to copy any of this artwork if you like it that much and hang them on your wall. The saddest thing about this is that whatever money is raised, none of it will go towards the people who were scammed and ripped off. It all goes to the lawyers in the end. So no surprise this guy doesn’t want to deal with anyone. Once those blood suckers get the remotest whiff of any dollars they start thinking how they can ‘legally’ get their noses in the trough. I agree with another poster… let it all die and burn. It’s like JP himself, just a pile of overhyped crap anyway. Personally for me, if I owned any of this rubbish I could never even look at it without thinking of all the lies, deceit, criminality and bad karma behind it… lije bringing the Annabelle doll into your home! All touched by the crazy, wild haired, f-up that is Joppa.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Stevelondon:

What a load of junk. You could pay a decent artist to copy any of this artwork if you like it that much and hang them on your wall. The saddest thing about this is that whatever money is raised, none of it will go towards the people who were scammed and ripped off. It all goes to the lawyers in the end. So no surprise this guy doesn’t want to deal with anyone. Once those blood suckers get the remotest whiff of any dollars they start thinking how they can ‘legally’ get their noses in the trough. I agree with another poster… let it all die and burn. It’s like JP himself, just a pile of overhyped crap anyway. Personally for me, if I owned any of this rubbish I could never even look at it without thinking of all the lies, deceit, criminality and bad karma behind it… lije bringing the Annabelle doll into your home! All touched by the crazy, wild haired, f-up that is Joppa.

Don’t pull punches, tell us how you really feel?

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I offered (via the plaintiffs' lawyer) to help organize and catalog all the items for auction at no charge (OK, for only a limited amount of time). Their lawyer said, "No thanks, we really want to sell it in one lot". .

Amazing you offered to do that Terry. Offering your already limited time to help put a nail in the coffin of another wort in this hobby. Pitty that they didn't take you up on it as you're spot on with your assessment...

Jaz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zidware-assets-to-be-auctioned-off/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.