11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Two large storage lockers filled with Zidware stuff have recently been unearthed and will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. This article from Pinball News has all the details:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/12/01/zidware-case-resolved/

The topic will also be discussed tomorrow on the Pinball News & Pinball Magazine Podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pinball-news-pinball-magazine-podcast/id1369141531

If you are interested in bidding on these Zidware assets and would like some more information, please reach out to Kim Mitchell at [email protected].

#2 1 year ago

Here are some of the items that will be auctioned off:

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

That Ice Castle looks neat are there any more drawings of it out there? Nothing in IPDB.

#4 1 year ago

I hope Darrell Sheets wins it but I don;t trust any of them to give me an accurate value.

#5 1 year ago

I'll give you 50 dollar.

#6 1 year ago

Good luck. Just read most of the story in the JPop thread. All so very depressing.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope Darrell Sheets wins it but I don;t trust any of them to give me an accurate value.

Yuuuuup

#8 1 year ago

Possible to do a group pull ?
I be interested in some stuff
$5k for me

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:Possible to do a group pull ?
I be interested in some stuff
$5k for me

A group pull would end up messier than the original debacle.

#10 1 year ago

I just hope and pray that one day the translite or copies of the cabinet artwork, translites are able to be reproduced and sold. Hands down the best pinball artwork I have ever seen.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'll give you 50 dollar.

You fly to Canada cost at least three thousand dollar.

#12 1 year ago

What a damn shame....ahh what could have been... Really love the artwork on this stuff...

#13 1 year ago

Just an FYI there is no auction:

"Right now we are hoping for someone to buy the entire lot and keep things simple.

If you'd like to me contact you if that changes, please write me back and include your phone number.

Thanks for your interest"

So 150k to buy it all (read in the article the class wants 150 to 200k) I guess they need that whale, huh?

But really ... I will put down 1000 to 1500 if we can get 100 to 150 others to all contribute. Need to figure out a way to divvy out the lots.

Would be cool to establish prizes per round and set up a pinball tourney. I bet at least 150 on here gambled higher stakes.

After seeing the photos, it looks disappointing - I imagined some razas, magic girl, rumored prototypes with hand drawn one off pieces of artwork, custom mechs, cool crap.

I guess these storage units are the equivalent of a jpop box of lights.

#14 1 year ago

Ice castle straightened out

ice_castle_playfield (resized).jpgice_castle_playfield (resized).jpg
#15 1 year ago

Wait... $150,000?
For Jpop Junk(TM)?
Somebody please do the math where boxes of random unfinished, nonfunctional crap, a few EM playfields, a few junk Zidware cabinets & an assortment of other worthless nonsense adds up to $150,000.
I'll start the bidding at $10,000. That's about what it's worth as a historical reference.
Also, as this whole Zidware fiasco fades into the pinball past, this menagerie of crazy-man-with-a-million-dollars nic nacs becomes less and less desirable, IMHO.
What is a storage space full of Skit-b junk worth these days? If it's found tomorrow I'll start the bidding at $10.

#16 1 year ago

Space Mission X looks like a biggest piece of shit I’ve ever seen.

Incredible stuff by Jpop. What a visionary.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Just an FYI there is no auction:

Not so. Highest bidder wins it all

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

#19 1 year ago

Wow, I love this oddball stuff and I just can’t see a lot of value here. There are no complete machines from what I see. Just a bunch of unfinished stuff that really can’t even be built from what I see. And, no other machines out there looking for these parts.

#20 1 year ago

I think there are a lot of individual unique items that each have individual value. I would certainly bid on many individual pieces. No way the lot collectively is “worthless” or worth low $10ks… there’s value here. But it’ll take a unique individual to grab it all for $100k plus. Maybe give a proactive reach to Maximilian as this would only be .02% of his net worth…

If we get an auction or opportunity to buy individual pieces…count me IN!!!!!!!

#21 1 year ago

I was just wondering where I could get some bolts for my pinball legs that were spiky enough to put holes in my jeans, guess I need look no further.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I think there are a lot of individual unique items that each have individual value. I would certainly bid on many individual pieces. No way the lot collectively is “worthless” or worth low $10ks… there’s value here. But it’ll take a unique individual to grab it all for $100k plus. Maybe give a proactive reach to Maximilian as this would only be .02% of his net worth…
If we get an auction or opportunity to buy individual pieces…count me IN!!!!!!!

I’m with you. I’d be in for sure for some individual pieces. Some great artwork in here.

#23 1 year ago

I wonder what the sorry is with the Captain Fantastic home version stuff?

#24 1 year ago

Some cool art, a few playfields, and a bunch of firewood. I would pay…… $1200 tops.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not so. Highest bidder wins it all
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Silent auction.

I hope you guys find someone that will make those that were scammed as whole as possible.

#26 1 year ago

If Turner Pinball was smart, he'd be angling in on buying all this stuff. That way he'd somewhat legally and rightfully consolidate all the Zidware stuff under one roof. Don't know that'd do any kind of good for him, but you never know.

#27 1 year ago

Theres definitely some cool stuff in there that I would like to bid on

#28 1 year ago

Love to be there bidding but I’m gonna stop and play that one Predator pin then Andy Heighway and I will be discussing his next investment in Arctic ice sculptures over lunch at that guys house who started a go fund me for Gremlins pinball.

#29 1 year ago

Hmmmmm... I could buy a nice used Ferrari, or some tainted pinball artwork. I will be up all night deciding what to do......

#30 1 year ago

Man I would pay... up to $50 (that's fifty dollars!) for some of that to hang up on my wall.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If Turner Pinball was smart, he'd be angling in on buying all this stuff. That way he'd somewhat legally and rightfully consolidate all the Zidware stuff under one roof. Don't know that'd do any kind of good for him, but you never know.

If turner were smart, he’d realize that pursuing this any further is completely moronic and will ruin his life.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If turner were smart, he’d realize that pursuing this any further is completely moronic and will ruin his life.

Let it die.

#33 1 year ago

A lot of bad memories of lost dreams and money in those storage lockers.

#34 1 year ago

I didn't realize JPop's shop was in Streamwood.

About two years ago I was driving around Streamwood on garbage day and saw someone had set out about 20 whitewood cut playfields and thought to myself "I wonder what that's about?".

#35 1 year ago

I'd be in for $25K

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'd be in for $25K

Alright now we got this shit moving!

Do I hear $30,000?

#37 1 year ago

Ugh - this is such a cluster.

Individual piece auctions would raise the most money, but then you have to take pictures/write descriptions/box and ship.

Just another sad chapter from the sad book of jpop.

#38 1 year ago

So, it’s clear there are no games here. You are buying wall art.
You have to look this this stuff that way. After the game room wall art I just don’t see much value. Home playfields for capt fantastic, a box with rolled up and probably damaged cabinet art. Non complete and non finished games. Possibly some electronics that don’t fit anything? Half the stuff in the unit is trash. The other half you have to be creative to find value.

I guess the people that pay $5K for a topper might buy this stuff. But, a player, I mean, you know how many good pins you can buy for a fraction of the $100K asking price?

Individually for sure there are a few wall hangers. Conversation pieces for the game room. After that, I don’t see value.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ugh - this is such a cluster.
Individual piece auctions would raise the most money, but then you have to take pictures/write descriptions/box and ship.
Just another sad chapter from the sad book of jpop.

I am pretty sure MG backglass have sold for over 2k alone in the past, but your right individual auctions would be a PITA

#40 1 year ago

Soooo - Jpop avoids prison, the group is awarded his hoarder trash? Weak.

#41 1 year ago

If we could get between $100,000 to $150,000 for the items in the storage units, I would recommend that to my clients

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Soooo - Jpop avoids prison, the group is awarded his hoarder trash? Weak.

As one of the 19 who sued his ass believe me when I say I would of traded 100 storage units worth of JPOP’s stuff to see him go to prison! Don’t even get me started on my feelings on the justice system in this country and how it works for the average victim of a crime.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Alright now we got this shit moving!
Do I hear $30,000?

Ill offer 30

#44 1 year ago

do I hear 35...35K...35 for this fabulous stash of pinball wizardry and treasures!!!

I'm doing this for free by the way! What can I say, I'm a giver.

#45 1 year ago

Is JPOP just oblivious and eccentric - maybe even having cognitive issues or was this deliberate act? Ive read that he's always bit a tad off.

#46 1 year ago

What will happen here is the top bidder will sell all of the stuff individually in hopes of making some money. It's a lot of work to sell all of that stuff individually but it will happen eventually.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

After seeing the photos, it looks disappointing [...]
I guess these storage units are the equivalent of a jpop box of lights.

Yeah, even the guys who spent years chasing this crap apparently don't want it.

#48 1 year ago

The whole group of 19 should get together, each pick an item to keep from the pile, and have a communal bonfire of the rest. You can't buy that kind of catharsis for $150k. I'm dead serious.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

I wonder what the sorry is with the Captain Fantastic home version stuff?

He has some other Home games in there it looks like. I assume he was considering another run at home games? Space Mission X looks barren AF and reminiscent of those 70s home games. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the intention there.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I didn't realize JPop's shop was in Streamwood.
About two years ago I was driving around Streamwood on garbage day and saw someone had set out about 20 whitewood cut playfields and thought to myself "I wonder what that's about?".

Dont forget American Pinball was in Streamwood as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zidware-assets-to-be-auctioned-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.