(Topic ID: 357624)

Zeppelin is better than Godzilla. It just is.

By Riefepeters

43 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Zeppelin is better than Godzilla. It just is. ”

• #1 will always be #1 43 votes
      41%
    • Maybe LZ should get a little bit a love 61 votes
      59%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
    FCAD820C-38E3-463B-B650-C6619BB0AC9C.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    whitewood (1) (resized).jpg
    DSCF3563 (resized).JPG
    crazy.gif
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpeg
    F4ADB37D-5D2D-42E5-A02C-08F0CD570FFE (resized).jpeg
    200w.gif
    the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif
    IMG_5758 (resized).jpeg
    Ot6G.gif
    IMG_2943 (resized).jpeg
    col (resized).jpg
    IMG_9006 (resized).jpeg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 43 days ago

I’ve owned and rotated 90% of the spike 2 titles. Recently I added two titles to an Airbnb rental. I bought “cheap” titles which just happened to be Zeppelin and Godzilla. 2nd time owning Godzilla, first time with Zeppelin and only picked it up as it was a great price.

I’ve now put many games on both at my rental.

I can clearly state that I love zeppelin. Godzilla is just okay. I sold Godzilla previously as Jurassic Park is just a way better game overall and is likely the Best spike 2 title.

But here’s the punchline: zeppelin is the best value in today’s market and it is better than Godzilla. It just is. It’s a great game.

Debate.

IMG_9006 (resized).jpegIMG_9006 (resized).jpeg

#2 43 days ago

Led Zeppelin only slightly beats Godzilla as a band. As a pin, nah.

#3 43 days ago

Sounds like you have a whole lotta love for Zeppelin.

#4 43 days ago

Sir im going to need you to place the crack pipe down.

#5 43 days ago

Way better, can't even compare no lie guys!

col (resized).jpgcol (resized).jpg
    #6 43 days ago

Please add a poll.
    Appreciate you spending a lot of time on both to form an opinion.

#7 43 days ago
    IMG_2943 (resized).jpegIMG_2943 (resized).jpeg
    #8 43 days ago

I don't have a whole lot of love for Zeppin. The band rocks.
    Godzilla slays me.

#9 43 days ago

Owned both games (both Premiums) and Led Zeppelin is still here.

Electric Magic > every other feature in Godzilla.

#10 43 days ago

Yep, agreed

#11 43 days ago

Yes the pin that sucked so bad that GREEDY Stern discounted it.... Vs. the best pin in creation.

Hard pass on a debate on this as my time will be lost in the void of space in your head.

#12 43 days ago

People like what they like & more power to them.

#14 43 days ago

Yes, Zeppelin is ridiculous value right now- but Godzilla is an amazing machine. I have always been a huge Zep fan, haven’t watched an entire Godzilla movie- but there is a reason it is still #1!

#15 43 days ago

Godzilla has an amazing deep ruleset.

LZ is simpler.

But, I have always preferred LZ to Godzilla.

It just feels good to play and the huge multipliers never get old.

#16 42 days ago

LZ - great band / great pin

Godzilla - never once watched anything related so theme does nothing for me - cool pin tho

Can’t go wrong with either IMO

#17 42 days ago

I definitely agree that JP > GZ

#18 42 days ago

Munsters is better than both

#19 42 days ago

That's fine if that's your opinion. I'm not gonna board that train with you though.

If you want my hot take (you don't and nobody asked for it but I'm going to give it anyway) I think Venom is one of the best games ever made. The rules and strategy are endless. People hate on it but omg it's awesome.

#20 42 days ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

Sir im going to need you to place the crack pipe down

While there was one beer involved last night, I’m doubling down with a coffee in hand.

observation: too much can happen accidentally by just flailing and flipping on GZ. If one flails and flips on LZ, not much is going to happen.

I suspect mediocre and below players clearly prefer GZ. I’m somewhat curious on highly ranked players, as both machines provide nice strategy.

Only complain on LZ: too many multiballs!

#21 42 days ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Well played sir. I did own that one 4 times and the only reason is because that Franchi art is so dang good! But after 3 games played, I realized why I let it go every time. It’s hard to do the same thing over and over and over and over… but it is surely a joy to look at.

#22 42 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

People like what they like & more power to them

People do like what they like and while sometimes I don't get it-it is part of the diversity in pinball.

When I see this post I think....ok this guy likes Led Zeppelin and so do I. What I don't get is he has a pro which is a dog in my book-no magic spinner? Seriously? Then I take a look at the guy's $1000 topper and $500 expression lights and I think to myself-why? Why not take the money spent on fluff and get the real version Led Zeppelin Premium/LE? Different strokes for different folks but if you love Led Zeppelin Pro-then the Premium/LE should blow your socks off-just sayin

BTW-Premium/LE GZ blows LZ out of water but nothing beats the classic Led Zeppelin tunes that is for sure

#23 42 days ago

Rush is actually better than both.

#24 42 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Then I take a look at the guy's $1000 topper and $500 expression lights and I think to myself-why?

For clarity, I bought the LZ with all accessories for $5k from another awesome pinsider. Thats why. Both of these units are in a rental, so I was looking for cheap games.

Note also: I don’t care for LZ as a band.

LZ was one of the 10% of the spike 2s never rotating through as I had never considered LZ previously given general comments and rankings and opinions on the game that are prevalent on pinside.

Previously, the only sterns I kept in my home line up were:
    JP
    GB
    EHOH

Otherwise mostly 90s BW and…wait for it…Spookys Ultraman.

Hot take #2: Ultraman does not suck.

#25 42 days ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

For clarity, I bought the LZ with all accessories for $5k from another awesome pinsider

So here is what you do-sell the topper and expression lights on second hand market and upgrade to the real version Premium/LE Led Zeppelin

#26 42 days ago

Owned LZ LE and Premium and GZ LE. I personally enjoyed playing LZ as much or more than GZ but think GZ is the better overall game. And LZ is way under rated because like you said it doesn’t appeal to casual players/collectors. GZ left nothing on the table while LZ could have been even better. The side shot on LZ just has poor geometry and beyond the magic spinner there’s nothing special about the shots. The rules and great integration of sounds, lights, video distinguish LZ, not the playfield design.

#27 42 days ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

. The side shot on LZ just has poor geometry

Let's be honest here-it is a total clunk fest and more of a luck shot no matter how you shimmy it!

I am a little confused how op likes the Pro version and he does not even listen to Led Zeppelin? For me it is 95% about the music-cranked up super loud with a 15" sub. If I did not like the band-definitely would not own a pro with clunk fest upper ramp shot.

#28 42 days ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’ve owned and rotated 90% of the spike 2 titles. Recently I added two titles to an Airbnb rental. I bought “cheap” titles which just happened to be Zeppelin and Godzilla. 2nd time owning Godzilla, first time with Zeppelin and only picked it up as it was a great price.
    I’ve now put many games on both at my rental.
    I can clearly state that I love zeppelin. Godzilla is just okay. I sold Godzilla previously as Jurassic Park is just a way better game overall and is likely the Best spike 2 title.
    But here’s the punchline: zeppelin is the best value in today’s market and it is better than Godzilla. It just is. It’s a great game.
    Debate.
    [quoted image]

It's no wonder why you prefer LZ to GDZ - yours has a topper and your Godzilla doesn't.

On a side note: I wish I could find an Airbnb with a couple of quality pinball machines like you're offering. Well done!

#29 42 days ago

I had a deal worked out to trade for a Zep LE and was really looking forward to it but the other guy then sold it
    I love that spinner coming up in the middle of the playfield - so fun !

#30 42 days ago

There is a reason LZ never made it into my collection.

That reason is:

It fkng sucks!

Steve Ritchie’s bitch & moan sabotage project…
    It shows.

I genuinely feel bad for any die hard Zepplin fans. They were robbed with this massively disappointing LZ pin. So bad!

#31 42 days ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

I suspect mediocre and below players clearly prefer GZ.

I always crack up when I read comments like this. Like the guy that said the only reason people like Foo Fighters is because it makes crappy players look good playing it.

#32 42 days ago
    Quoted from zaki:

A man of culture I see

#33 42 days ago

Have a GZ (Prem), and have played a bunch of LZ at a local arcade. Love both for different reasons.

LZ seems like a better machine to route, due to its simple rule set. GZ more enjoyable for home with the deeper rule set.

Super smart having both at a rental. They each probably attract their own type of player. On that note, curious if you think the machines help garner rental income or if you think that you get renters easier with the machines. Finally, can you write-off the expenses of the pins as a business expense?

#34 42 days ago

I rented a LZ Pro for a couple of months and liked it so I bought a discounted NIB premium from Cointaker and absolutely love it. The Electric Magic and expression lighting really add to the entire package.

#35 42 days ago

Agreeing with the OP may put me in the "Fool in the Rain" category, but I was shocked how much I liked playing Zepplin at a local arcade. I own a GZ prem, but I really want a Zepplin now. I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as a did. My only gripe is that Fool in the Rain didn't make the song list. As a drummer, that is one of the tastiest, half-time shuffle beats going and my favorite song of the band. I still think GZ is the better pin, but I will own a Zep one day.

#36 42 days ago

Zeppelin PREMIUM is a great game. I’ll fight anyone who disagrees lol. Is it as good as zilla pro? Maybe. Zilla premium? Nahhhhh.

Zeppelin pro can go straight in the burn pile.

#37 42 days ago

It’s not but that’s ok. You can enjoy a game even if it’s not the best.

#38 42 days ago

I must have played a different LZ at expo, because it sucked.

#39 42 days ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Quoted from Riefepeters:

Well played sir. I did own that one 4 times and the only reason is because that Franchi art is so dang good! But after 3 games played, I realized why I let it go every time. It’s hard to do the same thing over and over and over and over… but it is surely a joy to look at.

Munsters is a beautiful game. And fun too. Recently picked up an LE and I'm enjoying playing as well as looking at it!

Art is actually one of the reasons that Led Zeppelin has not drawn me more to it. I don't particularly care for any of its art packages including the playfield. Like the amount of features in the game, the artwork has a MEH vibe. Although I'm not a huge fan of the theme, Godzilla's art and gameplay features are more interesting to me.

#40 42 days ago

I own Zeppelin and have more fun playing that than GZ. That being said, GZ is probably a better game overall. I just can't stand the theme or callouts.

#41 42 days ago

I've had both games come and go from my collection. Looking back I would say that I definitely got more enjoyment from playing Led Zeppelin. Godzilla is great don't get me wrong. I just like the way Zeppelin played better and I'm also a major fan of the theme.

#42 42 days ago

Luke warm take: JP is better than godzilla

#43 42 days ago

Man now I have to spend more money and get a zeppelin thanks for this thread !

#44 42 days ago

Thanks

#45 42 days ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

For clarity, I bought the LZ with all accessories for $5k from another awesome pinsider. Thats why. Both of these units are in a rental, so I was looking for cheap games.
    Note also: I don’t care for LZ as a band.
    LZ was one of the 10% of the spike 2s never rotating through as I had never considered LZ previously given general comments and rankings and opinions on the game that are prevalent on pinside.
    Previously, the only sterns I kept in my home line up were:
    JP
    GB
    EHOH
    Otherwise mostly 90s BW and…wait for it…Spookys Ultraman.
    Hot take #2: Ultraman does not suck.

So, you like the pin, but don't like the band? That's wild, wacky stuff.

Quoted from ElectroMagnetic:

Led Zeppelin was before my time and I’m
    63. Was more of a top 40 back then.
    Observation, doesn’t Godzilla always look like something that keeps floating up?

If you're 63, you were born in about '61, right. Zep was around from '69-'80. You were 16 in 1977. Doesn't that mean that Zep was of your time? Doesn't matter anyway. Great stuff is great stuff. I was born in '74 and fully recognize that the Beatles and Stones are the greatest of all time.

#46 42 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I was born in '74 and fully recognize that the Beatles and Stones are the greatest of all time.

You were half right: The Stones think they're the greatest of all time. The Beatles really are.

#47 42 days ago

I wish I had kept Munsters and sold Godzilla.

I have so many mods between Tdiddy and Stumblor it would be hard to sell GZ now.

Jaws and JP better than GZ

#48 42 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You were half right: The Stones think they're the greatest of all time. The Beatles really are.

Keith said an interview a while back that “the greatest rock and roll band in the world” is silly.

“Some nights maybe, but nobody can claim that title all the time.”

I’ll take stones over Beatles.

Zep is a really fun game

An opinion can’t be wrong

#50 42 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

So, you like the pin, but don't like the band? That's wild, wacky stuff.

If you're 63, you were born in about '61, right. Zep was around from '69-'80. You were 16 in 1977. Doesn't that mean that Zep was of your time? Doesn't matter anyway. Great stuff is great stuff. I was born in '74 and fully recognize that the Beatles and Stones are the greatest of all time.

Honky Tonk Women, greatest song before my time.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.