Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Apologies if this is a repost...

Humble Bundle has just posted a bundle for zen studios pinball FX2.

Humble Bundle let's you pay what you want, donate some (or all) to charity, and get some games in return.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I know it's not the best pin sim out there, but it's pretty cheap through this bundle.

#2 10 years ago

oh man..... do they have the cab version working yet with zen? Honestly the zen tables are pretty darn fun. Big variety and cool graphics. As for flippers and physics..well everyone can bitch about them if they want...but it is still a good time, specially for the price hahaha.

#3 10 years ago

In as soon as I get home...

#4 10 years ago

Just make sure to pay above $6 to get the extra packs.

If you want to pay more, that's great too.

I'll donate some bundles to pinsiders, but can't do anything until tonight when I get home from work.

#5 10 years ago

Just came here to post this and was glad it already was! Nice job Wolf! Buying it now!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Just came here to post this and was glad it already was! Nice job Wolf! Buying it now!

Ditto! Glad to support my fellow game devs at Zen and my friends at Humble.

#8 10 years ago

The Zen games play so much better than the PHOF games. I'm in.

#9 10 years ago

Just snagged mine, guy at work randomly linked me as well. sweet!

#10 10 years ago

I play on my console XBOX360 . Better packs are STARWARS , MARVEL , Tables. I like the game play more then Pinball Arcade.

#11 10 years ago

I don't understand how anyone can bitch about the flipper physics on zen. Since they're their own platform, there's nothing to compare them against in real life. Gottlieb flippers feel way different than stern which feel different than Williams. Here we have zen flippers. And zen is the only flippers that the ball actually goes where you aim, doesn't have problems making up the middle shots etc. This is exactly what video pinball should be. Rather than try to duplicate real tables, create new and creative tables that benefit from things that couldn't be done in real like. Its the only thing that has kept my pinball cabinet in my game room.

#12 10 years ago

Well, that was pretty fun! Until it bluescreen'ed my comp upon exiting.

Definitely has some flipper lag on my comp, but probably due to my monitor

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Well, that was pretty fun! Until it bluescreen'ed my comp upon exiting.
    Definitely has some flipper lag on my comp, but probably due to my monitor

Zen is an app. It doesn't have the ability to blue screen your computer. That can only be done in kernel/driver area. Apps doing bad things can only get killed or crash but not take down the system with a blue screen. That indicates a hardware or driver problem. Most likely in your video card. What was the blue screen error codes? They're given to help determine the cause.

Flipper lag is a combination of your LCD display and the video cards stock pre rendered frames setting. There are instructions on ATI and Nvidia cards. But in Nvidia, its called max pre rendered frames. It defaults to 3, you need it to be 1.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Zen is an app. It doesn't have the ability to blue screen your computer. That can only be done in kernel/driver area. Apps doing bad things can only get killed or crash but not take down the system with a blue screen. That indicates a hardware or driver problem. Most likely in your video card. What was the blue screen error codes? They're given to help determine the cause.
    Flipper lag is a combination of your LCD display and the video cards stock pre rendered frames setting. There are instructions on ATI and Nvidia cards. But in Nvidia, its called max pre rendered frames. It defaults to 3, you need it to be 1.

I have the Intel onbaord gfx from their newer boards we put in

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff960002fc46e, 0xfffff88006da2cc0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 112113-54647-01.

Seems like gfx driver error. I'll poke around with updates

#15 10 years ago

I bet the intel graphics have no way to adjust the pre rendered frame parameter either

#16 10 years ago

The next two people that post will get a free humble bundle with all of these FX2 games in it.

You must have Steam and be on a Windows machine.

GO!

#17 10 years ago

Lol I already bought all the games. At about $3 a game why would anyone be too concerned about discounts or bundles?

#18 10 years ago

I've been playing the heck out of the Darth Vader table on my Surface 2. Works great in portrait mode. I love the humble bundles and I'll check it out shortly. Thanks for the heads up!

Glenn

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Lol I already bought all the games. At about $3 a game why would anyone be too concerned about discounts or bundles?

Because with humble bundle you get to donate the money to charity instead. It's not about the discount, you set your own price with the humble bundle. You can pay $500, you can pay $1.00, it's up to you.

#20 10 years ago

Guess I'm first to post. I don't have steam yet. Too lazy. I saw this earlier today and I've contiplated getting it for my xbox. I haven't played a video game in a couple years now. Every free moment is either playing real pinball or working on one

#21 10 years ago

Ill gladly send you a gift code. . Ill pm it in a bit.

#22 10 years ago

I bought it this morning...what the heck does it show up in your steam games list as? Wondering if mine glitched out on redemption lol...I couldn't find it and had to leave to go to work...wanted to have it downloading.

#23 10 years ago

It shows as "Pinball FX2". You can always go back to your humble bundle URL and see what account they were attached to on steam. There should be a link in the key box that says "redeemed to this account" and "this account" will be a hyperlink to the steam account.

#24 10 years ago

It's attached to the right account... wasn't looking for that title..either glossed over it or it glitched out, I'll check when I get home this afternoon. thanks.

#25 10 years ago

Well heck, am I the second to post for an FX pack I hope so!

I'll pm you my steam name just in case I'm the lucky one!

#26 10 years ago

Played some of the tables last night. Amazing graphics!

On the star wars clone wars table I activated a totally different mini-playfield, completed it, booted me to another mini-pf and finished like 9 out of the 10 shots and then drained. It was really really fun IMO

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Played some of the tables last night. Amazing graphics!
    On the Star Wars clone wars table I activated a totally different mini-playfield, completed it, booted me to another mini-pf and finished like 9 out of the 10 shots and then drained. It was really really fun IMO

They have some really talented table designers and rules writers on their team. I would like to see what some of them could do with a real table. Obviously they do some things that can't be done in reality, but they do a good job of making the layouts more or less 'believable'. That underwater table is gorgeous.

#28 10 years ago

Don1 got the second key. I'm gonna check it out this weekend at some point.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-pinball-fx2-humble-bundle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.