cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I wondered if that was going to happen. And I dreaded it. I don't care for Zen Pinball's physics and cartoony scoring system. I figured they'd screw it up, but after seeing the video's, it actually looks good.

This is what I was going to post. I hope they have worked a LOT on their physics engine. I wonder how much VPX code has been incorporated at this point

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Should probably be zero, I'd think.

Yep, -should- be.

2 weeks later
#95 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I just don't notice any difference in the ball physics. Shallow hits, ones that just go past the slings, still feel too heavy. That doesn't seem to have been changed one bit. But they did do something about the shots though. I was hitting the ramps more consistently.
And it could be a problem with the sound. Sort of a placebo effect. There's a "thud" sound made for every post or rubber you hit, and it's the same tone no matter how fast the ball is going.
"Did you know? Did you know? Did you know? Did you know?"

Does any Pinball simulator do this stuff better?

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Guys, if you’re interested in this remaining a proper pinball simulation, versus a pinball flavored video game (not that those aren’t fun too), I encourage you to download the beta on Steam and comment in their forum.
The most recent version (released yesterday) changed the ball physics more toward traditional Zen fantasy physics, even in their Arcade simulation (vs fantasy) mode. They’re a good group of devs who really seem to listen and respond to community feedback. Let’s let them know there are a bunch of us who want a proper sim!

Man, that’s what I was afraid of.. not that TPA was excellent at the physics, but I have not enjoyed the crazy “arcade style” Zen uses in the othergames. I’m glad to hear they are open for discussion on that stuff

3 weeks later
#149 5 years ago

I can’t get Tpa to run on Steam at all now. It just crashes out and no error, nothing. Anybody else having this? DX9 and DX11

1 year later
#232 4 years ago

Played FT a bunch yesterday. Between the crazy ball trails and the weird as hell extra animations you can barely see the ball! I realize they can be turned off, but man that was making me wish for TPA to come back online again.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Why are you complaining about something you know you can disable?

I was telling a story - apparently rather poorly.

1 week later
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

You have to change the mode from... I'm forgetting but I'm sure someone will remember what they're specifically called, but the the default mode is with easier physics, table animations, and ball trails, while the Arcade(?) mode is with realistic physics and none of the things mentioned previously.

I believe it’s called “classic mode” and you have to go into the UI menu to turn all the other BS Off. The stupid score pop ups were the most annoying IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,000 (OBO)
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.