cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wish they weren't force-bundled. They announced MB & CTFBL as a bundle. I'd buy MB, but I don't want CTFBL at all.

I'm a bit of the opposite. CFTBL is one of my favorite pins, but I own a Monster Bash and don't need the digital table. But, I have both of these on my ps4 from pinball arcade..
However, if i ever put my digital pinball machine together, I'd want a creech.

I'm actually hoping zen will release a digital machine I can just buy. That be better than piecing one together.

5 months later
#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

After I posted that it seems like maybe I heard you have to unlock classic mode maybe or something? I dont know it's kind of confusing really. I like how pinball arcade plays the best but I love Zens graphics.

To be fair to zen. Their graphics are better, and also their games need less resetting from switches or mechs getting locked up between games. Yes, its digital pinball, but the pinball arcade can have some wonkiness from switches not working or diverters staying on and not behaving normal, so you have to go back out and restart the game.

With that said... TPA is much better overall. You can play multiple games quicker and easier. Their physics are better. I don't know why, but a lot of ramps for teh classic zen ones the ball barely gets to the top of the ramp. Its like they never played road show or MM before. Or maybe they just played one machine that someone who doesn't know how to setup pinball setup for them.

Also... Just for fun I decided to play their MM and they censer a lot of the princess animations... WTF!!!!! I mean really... Nothing risque going on with those animations why are they being censored. They're censer happy and quite frankly... While I like the powerups that you can have... TPA is much better overall.. I just wish that company didn't throw in the towel.

#265 4 years ago

And lastly... There is a slight difference in the physics between their modes. Its minor. The best way to tell is how the dead bounces work.
One thing I don't like about Zen pinball..
Again I don't think the programers really play pinball that much and know anything about it really. Sure they get the rules right... Bravo... But, you can't really post transfer or post pass with their games. It takes too much time and is so inconsistent its really not worth doing. If you can't get something so basic right... Now, pinball arcade had a bit of wonkiness with their post passes, but it could be done, and without too much fiddling.
Now, since this is a digital game, it does tend to be easier to get dialed in(at least for me). So I generally just hit a ramp to get it on the flipper I want.

And one last note. I finally conquered the kingdom in MM. Haven't ever been close in real life. I think 4 castles destroyed and maybe one or two of the champion requirements.

But, I do know my digital strategy would work in real life. Just haven't had too much time on a real machine. So I am happy about finally beating that wizard mode. Now to get it on a physical machine.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

On roadshow on Nintendo Switch the left ramp is Very hard to pass, right flipper is not enought strong :/

Not just the switch. Its on the ps4 as well. Its annoying as in real life I've never had that much issue hitting that ramp. you need to get it just right. Its quite frankly BS, and one reason why I think Zen are kind of hacks... Do they not play the games in real life, do they not test their machines before release... Do they not after release make tweaks or upgrades. I think the answer to this is, of course they do, but they don't care.

For me. I try to play any game I own on the Pinball arcade still there. And I only play games I don't have the TPA version of... Sadly I never owned Road Show, so I can't play that one. Have to play the zen version of it.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Was playing MM last night, and holy crap I could not get up either ramps like 90% of the time. Even shots that felt good and solid. I know the real table is hard, but every time I always know it could have been a better shot.
Sucks that Far Sight just seems to have given up on everything. Like What happened to doing all the Stern games?

The left ramp in particular was a bit too difficult. And also there is a point where it glitches a bit and will slowly roll up the ramp and finish off.

The right ramp though I felt was accurate. That is a hard ramp shot... What wasn't accurate is... MM is a little less forgiving when the balls roll down the ramps. This game it was pretty forgiving... But, yes... That is my point. They don't really get the ramps right. Because, the left ramp is way, way wonky and not working how it should.

But, then again with the censoring of the animations for that one. I think I'll stick to the pinball arcade. And this means. I doubt they will ever do an Elvira.

And I hope Farsight will release something new. I don't get it. They had a the Stern deal... So much cool games to choose from. Maybe they can't afford Deadpool, but Black Knight Sword of Rage would be amazing.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks like Farsight are doing a digital pinball soon[quoted image]

I bought thte first model of that pinball machine. Its not very good. I do'nt have any hopes for the future of that model or brand for Digital pins.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

TPA has vacuum lanes for a lot of their shots. Balls basically only have so much variance, and often get pulled into lanes and up ramps, whether you shot it there actually or not.

And also TPA also has balls that fly out of the table. I lost a multiball one time because of this. The good thing is if you're only in single ball play it autoplunges a new ball for you, and it doesn't end the ball.

Both systems have issues. But, I prefer TPA over zen. Zen's camera angles are also not as good. In a lot of games for TPA I can easily see the rollover lanes, but in ZEN pinball... Nope. Only way I can see them is if I do the moving camera. And I prefer a static camera... Truthfully... TO me that is the biggest issue I have with Zen. Hate their camera angles. The other issues I can look past.

But... I won't lie. I love the rewind special ability. It adds an element of fun to the game. Might be cheating, but its a video game, and I always loved cheat codes in video games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.