cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I just hope the Williams tables are “pinball simulations” with the original gameplay and physics and NOT a “pinball video game”. I played their Star Wars tables with the storm troopers doing the Macarena and little tie fighters zipping around, and they are fun but not the same thing.
PBA had its share of problems but they got a lot right.

did you even read the blog post? they are going for faithful recreations of the tables. their original designs are a completely different thing.

Quoted from woody24:

Played a little bit of Fishtails. The table looks good. But the ball physics just aren't quite there. To me, the ball movement feels like the ball is a little heavier and the table is set to a little more steeper incline.
Just seems like some hard hits the ball goes up really fast, stops then comes right back down. Kinda like playing the backbox part of Banzai. Except that it's not THAT bad.
But the good thing is, they've removed ball trails and the scores from popping up for every switch. Bad news is, that after every game, they take you back to their menu to show you how much XP you've gained in the Zen Pinball game, then show you a high score list, then will ask you if you want to play again.

agree on the feel of the ball. but i'm sure they will get it dialed in with some time and testing.

the ball trails and scores on the playfield can be turned on if you so choose. not sure who would want those on but at least the option is there.

i'm hoping they will include some sort of 'virtual arcade' room where you can move from machine to machine instead of being kicked out to the normal menu system.

its a beta. things will change. give them feedback on their own site!

#54 5 years ago

Not noticing any gameplay issues on my i7 7700k + 1070 + SSD setup. I am having issues where upon launching FX3 the game will just hard crash a few times during the 'connecting' portion of the startup. Not sure what is causing it but I guess I'm chalking it up to beta. Once I got the program started I"ve just let it run for several days now and I'm actually surprised at how well Zen's software deals with my PC's sleep/wake up routine.

Quoted from ViperVS:

Does anyone else have annoing flipper lag when playing on pc (Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade)? That's the reason I ended up selling my own built virtualpin a year ago.
I always thought that it was because of the TV screen lag.
But now I tested this new pinball FX3 Williams on my gaming rig (with standard low input-lag pc monitor) and the lag is still there.

I use and old Xbox360 wired controller with my virtual pins and I've never noticed any sort of lag with it. The new FX3 seems really snappy to me aside from the slightly wonky ball physics and the all-or-nothing flipper power

Quoted from Neal_W:

Also, nobody wants to drill through 5 menu windows to start a game, so that is another place there is big room for improvement.

I have a feeling they will make some sort of 'virtual arcade room' for the tables so hopefully all the menu nonsense gets culled down a bit.

#75 5 years ago

Seems like the tilt loosened up a bit too. Game plays pretty nice but the ball does still feel a bit 'speedy' for lack of a better term.

Still feels like they need to find a bit more of a middle ground between TPA's feel and the current feel.

1 month later
#131 5 years ago

I'm fine with them 'censoring' things in the main PinballFX3 release however...

It would be nice if they could package the Williams tables as their own game, allow the uncensored content and have that application rated separately.

These tables are history and should be reproduced as accurately as possible.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

That's not going to happen. Basically setting up 2 different in game stores, there's no way they're going to do that. Not to mention they would have to pay royalties for setting up a second game.

i'm thinking the way FarSight did it with the Stern tables on Steam. I'm not sure about all the logistics and/or licensing nonsense... mostly spitballing. I just feel like its likely the only way they will put the uncensored tables in the game barring a full reconsideration on the rating of the game.

1 month later
#186 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm curious....where did you see this?

i found a mention of it in the news feed on their (terrible) website. i'm not seeing anything about the old tables though.

https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7790

"With the release, also comes the option for players in the PC Steam version of Pinball FX3 to play the tables in their original form. This means family filter off by default and unaltered cabinet and playfield art on all three Volume 2 tables."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 21.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release?tu=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.