cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

This is great new possibly. Zen has the best graphics of about any game ive ever played. They do need to get the ball physics right though because right now they dont feel right. It feels like you are smacking a rock around the playfield. Farsight wasnt doing a good job with updates though and they just didnt see, to care anymore so im glad this is happening.

#29 5 years ago

I wonder bow long it will take for them to reproduce these tables? Farsight said they had to physically take apart every piece on the games and 3D render them etc and then do the code. It sounds like a huge undertaking to reproduce one of these games. I wonder if Zen has a different way of doing it?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

And will it take them forever to fix bugs like farsight... there are still lots of issues w/ their (farsight) Williams/Bally games that will probably not get addressed. I hope they can release in a consistent manor too. I never cared for zen’s games, but maybe now that they’re working with & on real machines their other games will improve...

Im not worried at all about Zen fixing bugs that need to be fixed and the graphics are going to be amazing. Zen is a good company and they dont put out shitty products. The only concern i have is how long will it take for them to pump out the tables. I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised. I actually love the Zen FX3 tables, they are very well done and they look gorgeous.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I just hope the Williams tables are “pinball simulations” with the original gameplay and physics and NOT a “pinball video game”. I played their Star Wars tables with the storm troopers doing the Macarena and little tie fighters zipping around, and they are fun but not the same thing.
PBA had its share of problems but they got a lot right.

I dont think Williams would allow anything except simulation tables so id say we are safe there.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Ya I wonder what this means for the Stern pinball arcade? Will farsight still be working on that.. its not seen an update for a long while

If the other Stern tables they make are going to suck as bad as the Ghostbusters table that they made I definitely wont be buying them. Ghostbusters is horrible, not sure what they did wrong there but its not right at all.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

TPA isn't going away just yet. Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter have been added and Mustang has been moved over from SPA today.

If they are as bad as Ghostbusters they are going away for me. Ghostbusters is just terrible and doesn't play worth a crap for some reason. I used to be a big backer of TPA but I'm finding it harder and harder to stand behind these guys.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Watching this looking to see the results i hope for the best but when everything is going digital download and no is hard copy this is were i take issue with it. Had played a fair amount of the current zen product on a few vp cabs and was not really impressed.

I used to feel the same way about digital download but now i wont buy games any other way.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

physics have been changed for the classic tables. They are MUCH better than the current physics. I hope they apply these physics to the original tables.

Agree totally, they need to do this.

1 week later
#99 5 years ago

Looks pretty damn good to me, i cant wait to try it out. Zen is a great company and will do these tables right i believe. They are a million times better than Farsight and they deserve to be the ones making these tables.

#118 5 years ago

I definitely appreciate what Farsight did with Pinball Arcade but they just dont support their product well and after seeing how bad they did the GB table im really skeptical about buying any new ones from here out from them. I have a feeling after people see the Williams tables by Zen that everyone is going to almost forget about Farsight completely. Zen has some of the best graphics in all of gaming. I cannot wait till October 9th to buy the first Williams pack from Zen.

2 weeks later
#137 5 years ago

I only had a few minutes before work that i could play them but i thought they was pretty damn anazing looking and i like how they play. The ball physics arent as good as TPA probably but the nudging in TPA is just horrible and if you're good you can make a game last for hours and hours. You arent going to be able to do that with zen i dont think. All and all i think Zen did a much better job on these tables and i dont really care if some boobies are censored or a cigar etc, its just not a deal breaker to me at all.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from mccorn:

For me, ball physics on ps4 does not resemble real pinball.

Thats because its not real pinball! Lol

Its impossible to have ball physics that are just like real pinball on a video game. Its not perfect i think we can all agree on that but these tables look amazing and i am glad that they are being made and for $3.33 cents a table, im going to support Zen studios and buy them. If a person cant get three dollars worth of fun out of these tables then theres something wrong with them.

#156 5 years ago

I still dont understand why censoring a few things is such a big deal to people. I mean these tables are fantastic and they are only a little over 3 dollars each. By Zen making these tables, it gets people interested in the hobby and will help pinball become more popular maybe and keep it growing. I am going to buy the tables and support Zen for that reason alone because i care about the future of pinball.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

People want the game as it is/was, not with all these alterations that take away some of the character from the game.
Every time reproduction playfields and backglasses come out, there are dozens of complaints if something gets altered, or it's the wrong color, etc.
If you're making alterations, you're not honoring the original and not respecting the original artistic choices.
That's like taking The David and gluing on a fig leaf to cover him up. Note that this actually happened to a number of statues in Italy during what's called the "Fig Leaf Campaign", where statues were purposefully defaced and censored just because the style of the statues in The David's time wasn't in vogue any more.
WB actually handled this issue of artistic integrity with a bit more grace on all their pre-1986 cartoons with a message:
[quoted image]

I get all of that and if this were CGC censoring their remakes i could definitely understand people being mad but these are 3 dollar virtual pinball tables. Hell i never would have even noticed if someone wouldn't have said something.

I am not for censorship either but in this case here it just doesnt bother me.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Silly comment. The beauty of virtual pinball is that you can have hundreds of tables without needing to spend insane amounts of money or have your entire home filled with machines in every room.

How often do you actually look at the backglass and cabinet art, maybe once or twice? They are still virtually identical and they are 3 dollars per table. Seriously its just not that big of a deal. I mean yeah it sucks because censorship is never good and i dont know why they would censor them anyway because they aren't that bad to begin with, but unfortunately this is the f*cked up world we live in today.

[Removed]

For 3 bucks you can sure have alot of fun. I have been playing MM non stop. I could have gave 10 dollars for that table alone and it would have been totally worth it.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm cool with targeting a larger audience, I just wish they made censorship optional like many other games do.

I agree

1 month later
#191 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I’m very happy with the first pack, will buy the second one tomorrow.

Same here, cant wait!

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Party Zone isn’t my favorite theme or layout either, but the Zen version is really fun. I wouldn’t have guessed I’d enjoy the Zen “remastered” version with animated characters, but they’re great extensions of the table creators’ original vision. PZ is one of their better offerings, among lots of greats.
Ten bucks — you can’t go wrong. I spend double that on an evening of Stern Star Wars at the local pizza joint! Not the same, I know. But... hell!

Agree 100%

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Trying to download volume two on my switch but the games are blacked out and say "Coming Soon". Any idea why this might be happening?

Not sure about the Switch but on the PS4 i purchased them and did the download and they were still saying coming soon. I closed out Zen and went back into the Playstation store and searched for that table pack and found it and i had to download the demo i believe it was so i did that and installed it and opened FX3 back up and the tables were working.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I did a hard reset, make sure everything is updated and still won't allow me to buy. it's not even listed in the switch store. Release must be delayed I guess. Bummer

Just looked it up Adam and sorry to say but the tables won't be out until December 18th for the Nintendo Switch. The release got delayed for some reason.

2 months later
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When are the new tables coming out? Physics and reliability is much better than Pinball Arcade.

I dont know, some of the tables the physics feel pretty off to me. The graphics are awesome though thats for sure.

4 months later
#219 4 years ago

I love Zen and im in no way ragging on them but the ball physics just feel wrong to me for some reason. Pinball arcade has better ball physics except for the way too generous nudging but Zen blows them away graphically.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Perhaps unlock Zen's pro physics mode.
I never enjoyed Pinball Arcade's floaty-physics. Zen's physics aren't perfect but I consider them more realistic and more fun.

How do i unlock pro physics mode?? Ive never even heard of that. They probably are more realistic in terms of ball time and stuff but im not so sure that equals fun either. The ball seems way too fast on some tables and ok on others. Something is just off.

3 months later
#235 4 years ago

These tables look really nice.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wish they weren't force-bundled. They announced MB & CTFBL as a bundle. I'd buy MB, but I don't want CTFBL at all.

It's only like 3 dollars per table so who cares?

5 months later
#261 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

AH. Well, never mind. I guess I forgot they have two physics modes. The old Zen physics and new arcade physics. There'e Single Player (old) and Single Player Classic (new). Just wished they remove the old one.

I cant really tell a difference between arcade and classic?

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Besides the esthetic visuals between the 2 I’m on your side....plays identical. Waaaay better than anything else out there too.

After I posted that it seems like maybe I heard you have to unlock classic mode maybe or something? I dont know it's kind of confusing really. I like how pinball arcade plays the best but I love Zens graphics.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not just the switch. Its on the ps4 as well. Its annoying as in real life I've never had that much issue hitting that ramp. you need to get it just right. Its quite frankly BS, and one reason why I think Zen are kind of hacks... Do they not play the games in real life, do they not test their machines before release... Do they not after release make tweaks or upgrades. I think the answer to this is, of course they do, but they don't care.
For me. I try to play any game I own on the Pinball arcade still there. And I only play games I don't have the TPA version of... Sadly I never owned Road Show, so I can't play that one. Have to play the zen version of it.

Some of them seem to play good and others just play way too fast and like shit. They do seem to ignore the fact that some of the tables need some fine tuning.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Was playing MM last night, and holy crap I could not get up either ramps like 90% of the time. Even shots that felt good and solid. I know the real table is hard, but every time I always know it could have been a better shot.
Sucks that Far Sight just seems to have given up on everything. Like What happened to doing all the Stern games?

That's a good question. I wonder if Farsight is even still in business? I know the GB table that they did was really awful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.