cftbl (resized).png
Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
IMG_0227 (resized).PNG
IMG_0228 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5258A5-CA64-44A8-A136-0E67AB27EA9A (resized).jpeg
1C5F229B-CFFC-4634-8333-38175284C980.gif
A1C58467-1A7A-4CBB-B212-199587B60DD6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenLogan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 5 years ago

Guys, if you’re interested in this remaining a proper pinball simulation, versus a pinball flavored video game (not that those aren’t fun too), I encourage you to download the beta on Steam and comment in their forum.

The most recent version (released yesterday) changed the ball physics more toward traditional Zen fantasy physics, even in their Arcade simulation (vs fantasy) mode. They’re a good group of devs who really seem to listen and respond to community feedback. Let’s let them know there are a bunch of us who want a proper sim!

#114 5 years ago

Happy to say that the latest beta represents a major improvement (released 9/19/18). Three physics options:

Zen Mode: Traditional Zen style “fantasy” physics. Some cool (and actually tasteful) 3D Zen effects. The castle on MM, for example, explodes with fireball animations.

Arcade Mode: Simulated real world physics. Think slope settings equivalent to what you’d find in a local pizza joint. Way harder and more true to life than TPA, by a long shot! Easy to learn tough to master.

Tournament Mode: Steeper slope for sure. Perhaps bordering on too steep (I’d rather see them err on the side of too hard!). Not sure if they widened outlanes and increased sling sensitivity.

I’m a VPX guy, but I’ll certainly be buying all these new Zen Williams tables. Zen is doing a fantastic job of listening to feedback. They’re cool guys. I like they’re physics (the “Deep Engine”) even more than Pro Pinball Timeshock — and those are tough to beat in digital pinball. High marks!

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

The extra animations can be toggled on ANY of the three physics options, at the press of a button. Your preference, if you want Zen graphics on tournament mode, for instance.

That’s good news, pinballwiz45b. Thanks!

2 months later
#188 5 years ago

Volume 2 is out today: Black Rose, Party Zone and AFM. Ten bucks. I bought it. Really enjoy them.

My biggest wish is that they’d work on the lighting. The flashers don’t light the cab, playfield or 3D objects up nearly enough. “Arcade” physics are still a big improvement over TPA.

#194 5 years ago

Party Zone isn’t my favorite theme or layout either, but the Zen version is really fun. I wouldn’t have guessed I’d enjoy the Zen “remastered” version with animated characters, but they’re great extensions of the table creators’ original vision. PZ is one of their better offerings, among lots of greats.

Ten bucks — you can’t go wrong. I spend double that on an evening of Stern Star Wars at the local pizza joint! Not the same, I know. But... hell!

5 months later
#216 4 years ago

Volume 4 is out May 28th:

Road Show
Whitewater
Hurricane

They look great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenLogan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zen-studios-aquires-right-to-bally-williams-games-for-digital-release?tu=BenLogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.